Windows 10: Clean 1909 installation question

Discus and support Clean 1909 installation question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, guys, I have a bootable Windows 10 1909 USB flash drive that I prepared last week using the Media Creation Tool. I intend to use it at some point... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sportsfan148, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Clean 1909 installation question

Hi, guys,
    I have a bootable Windows 10 1909 USB flash drive that I prepared last week using the Media Creation Tool. I intend to use it at some point when I have time to clean install Windows 10 on my PC. Im aware that Microsoft are shortly due to release the latest version 2004/May 2020/2020 first half or whatever its going to be called lol
    If this new release is released before I get the time to clean install 1909 what will happen to my installation?
    Will it just install 1909 as I would like ?..or will I be notified that 1909 is out of date and then automatically install the May 2020 release?
    When I perform the clean installation I want to be sure I install version 1909. I want to install the newly released version later on maybe in a few months time after any potential issues have been sorted out

:)

sportsfan148, Apr 22, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Clean 1909 installation question

failed 1909 install code

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are having issues in updating your PC to Windows 10 1909.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Where you are getting this error message?
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft security software installed?

Meanwhile we, would suggest you to refer the steps as mentioned in this article:

Get help with Windows 10 upgrade and installation errors

Also try upgrading the PC in clean boot,
    refer the article
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    . A ‘clean boot’ starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs.

Note: After you finish troubleshooting, follow the section
    Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to reset the computer to start normally.

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Clean 1909 installation question

1. Clean 1909 installation question - Similar Threads - Clean 1909 installation

2. Clean 1909 installation question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean 1909 installation question: Hi, guys, I have a bootable Windows 10 1909 USB flash drive that I prepared last week using the Media Creation Tool. I intend to use it at some point when I have time to clean install Windows 10 on my PC. Im aware that Microsoft are shortly due to release the latest version...
  3. Clean Install Question

Clean Install Question: Hi All Do i just stick in a Ei.cfg or a PID into my flash drive sources folder prior to a clean install of 1809 or 1903 in the future? i know if i do a system clean install of 1809, then later upgrade to 1903, then i'll avoid i think the Reserved storage coming with it....
  4. Clean install question

Clean install question: About to do a clean install on a PC that has 10 on it and activated. It was a windows 7 machine that had the free 10 offer installed. Will it activate when the clean install is complete? I thought the key was embedded but not sure. When I get to where to install it, can I...
  5. Clean Install Question

Clean Install Question: I have a slight twist on the clean install question. Could not find a clear answer on the forum or the internets. Win 7 pro computer (homebuilt) 1. Get current win 7 installation up to date and cleaned up. 2. Remove Win 7 OS SSD 3. Put in clean formatted SSD 4. Clean...
  6. Clean install questions

Clean install questions: Hello I need some help/confirmation on what I intend to do in the near future. I am currently a windows insider on the slow ring and I have build 14342 installed, I want to get out of the insider program (I know how to do that in settings) but it raises a few questions....
  7. Clean install questions

Clean install questions: I just upgraded my computer from 7 to 10 from the free upgrade using windows update. I now want to do my clean install but have a couple questions before i do it. The first is about activating i read somewhere that you can use your windows 7 key with the new build. So do i...
  8. Clean Install Question

Clean Install Question: I read that a clean install rebuilds partitions and makes a recovery partition. My question is does it allow you to pick the size of the partition that Windows 10 is installed to ? I have a 1 terabyte drive but like to install in a 100gig partition. I think I will...
  9. Clean install question

Clean install question: I am about to do a clean install windows 10. The hard drive has 3 partitions and all on it is wacked. Should I pull the drive and make a single partition or will the install do it? 100595
  10. Clean install question.

Clean install question.: It's been stated that after upgrading to Windows 10 from 7 or 8 you will be able to do a clean install of Windows 10. Does anyone know yet how this will happen? Will Microsoft provide a link to download the .iso or will it be a case of converting the esd to iso. I've...