Windows 10: Clean an exe file, MicrosoftSecurityEssentials

Discus and support Clean an exe file, MicrosoftSecurityEssentials in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is is possible to force MSE to attempt cleaning of a file & not delete / quarantine. or is it already try to clean ? & takes next step. ? I have a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tonigau, Sep 21, 2018.

1. tonigau Win User

Clean an exe file, MicrosoftSecurityEssentials

Is is possible to force MSE to attempt cleaning of a file & not delete / quarantine.

or is it already try to clean ? & takes next step. ?

I have a win32 exe file I know works ok (used on offline test machine then restore image) but I cannot find a good copy of the file(yet)

The file is infected with "Trojan:Win32/Dynamer!ac"

or

another way to disinfect. (cant contact author)

cheers

:)

tonigau, Sep 21, 2018
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Sep 21, 2018
  3. [SOLVED] Cannot open .exe files

The clean boot needs an exe file to work, so therefore I can't do one!!!

Any other ideas that do not need a exe file?

GeoffLester, Sep 21, 2018
  4. Clean an exe file, MicrosoftSecurityEssentials

EXE Files not running after upgrade to Windows 10

Hi Sujay,

Welcome to Microsoft community.
    We understand that, you are unable to open .exe files on your system and we are glad to assist you.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• What are the applications or programs, are you trying to open?
    • From where did you install the applications on your system?
    Lets try to perform a clean boot and check, if it works. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Disclaimer: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Also, I suggest you to right click on the setup .exe file and select Run as administrator option and check, if it works.

Hope it helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

Clean an exe file, MicrosoftSecurityEssentials

1. Clean an exe file, MicrosoftSecurityEssentials - Similar Threads - Clean exe file

2. .exe files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    .exe files: As of recently many .exe files have been flagged for changing protected files, and I am worried that I have a Trojan or virus of some sort. It has flagged a file called spotify.exe and SetAPM.exe. I had spotify but I deleted it after this had happened....
  3. Files and EXE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Files and EXE: There is a software on my computer called ErrorHandler.exe and Kernel Broker.exe, my antivirus says that they are malware so I deleted them, however, they keep coming back, sometimes all at once, sometimes only one of them or 2. I emptied my recycle bin to get rid of them but...
  4. Exe Files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exe Files.: When a pop up window appear in a software, is this pop up window the part of same .exe file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-files/5b9073ae-4861-444d-a23c-99b9dedb1356
  5. Exe files missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exe files missing: Logged on to find one of my shortcuts Streamlabs chat bot isnt working. Getting the error that its moved. I did a search and the only results were in a deep folder under user\appdata\local\packages\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\localstate\appiconcache\100. There...
  6. .EXE files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .EXE files: I was just wondering if anyone could help or explain to me what exactly this is and what it's used for BridgeCummunication.exe. I noticed it running in my task manager under services and was running as a application. Thankful for any help provided....
  7. .exe file deletion

.exe file deletion: Hello I've been having troubles with .exe files I try to permantley delete the folder and it'll remove everything except the .exe file if I delete the .exe file with a shift+del it'll dissapear then repair once I refresh the folder it's in. If I use the normal delete method...
  8. .exe Files

.exe Files: I can't seem to find where my .exe files are and when i went online to find them they were listed in tools but i don't have a tools access seemingly trying to figure it out for a game i play...
  9. exe file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    exe file: exe file is not working on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-file/7e708774-b56c-4846-8036-2e683879ecd7
  10. exe files and regedit

exe files and regedit: I can't access any of my exe files or regedit. Every time I double click on a program, Windows 10 tells me to find an app to open it. When regedit came up the first time, I looked up the steps to getting my exe files to be recognized by Windows 10 and that didn't work. Now, I...