Windows 10: Clean Boot and Hosed My Laptop

Discus and support Clean Boot and Hosed My Laptop in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I saw a similar post from 5 years ago but could not follow the instructions. Tried to do a clean boot to resolve issues connecting to the yahoo email... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Joanna Shuckman, Apr 20, 2023.

1. Clean Boot and Hosed My Laptop

I saw a similar post from 5 years ago but could not follow the instructions. Tried to do a clean boot to resolve issues connecting to the yahoo email server and really screwed or up. It wants me to set up another pin, but then tells me I need an app, but no way to get to the app. I can hold the shift key during a reboot to get to a menu but all the options look scary and I do not know which option to pick and do not want to lose anything. I am also now getting a pop up that the system detected and overrun if a stack-based buffer. Please help! Thank you!

:)

Joanna Shuckman, Apr 20, 2023
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Cleaning off a Mac Laptop

cleaning it?

Step 1: buy about a half gallon of gasoline.

Step 2: douse laptop in gasoline.

Step 3: toss a burning match onto laptop.

Step 4: watch the fire clense your laptop.

3. Toothless Win User
    Silent boot failure

List your specs out and tell us each step in cleaning you did.

Toothless, Apr 20, 2023
  4. ram93 Win User

Clean Boot and Hosed My Laptop

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Apr 20, 2023
Thema:

Clean Boot and Hosed My Laptop

1. Clean Boot and Hosed My Laptop - Similar Threads - Clean Boot Hosed

2. How to fix my laptop after clean boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix my laptop after clean boot: Hello there, On my Asus laptop that runs on windows 11 I tried to perform a clean boot https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-2f8a-a97a1807f3dd because my Bluetooth device couldn’t connect...
  3. Clean Boot and Hosed My Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean Boot and Hosed My Laptop: I saw a similar post from 5 years ago but could not follow the instructions. Tried to do a clean boot to resolve issues connecting to the yahoo email server and really screwed or up. It wants me to set up another pin, but then tells me I need an app, but no way to get to the...
  4. Clean Boot and Hosed My Laptop

Clean Boot and Hosed My Laptop: I saw a similar post from 5 years ago but could not follow the instructions. Tried to do a clean boot to resolve issues connecting to the yahoo email server and really screwed or up. It wants me to set up another pin, but then tells me I need an app, but no way to get to the...
  5. This last update hosed my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This last update hosed my laptop: After this last update auto update my computer has had nothing but problems. The Start menu and Search Box don't work at all. The mouse settings are backwards. And, I can't get to Settings to reverse. Settings are nowhere to be found.I can't tell what Window version was...
  6. This last update hosed my laptop

This last update hosed my laptop: After this last update auto update my computer has had nothing but problems. The Start menu and Search Box don't work at all. The mouse settings are backwards. And, I can't get to Settings to reverse. Settings are nowhere to be found.I can't tell what Window version was...
  7. This last update hosed my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. 20H2 hosed my system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    20H2 hosed my system: This is my wife's computer that I am trying to fix. She works in education and needs her system back. So far ASUS and MS are not a real big help. I cannot go back to the previous windows because we left on a 1 week trip to visit our new grand daughter and come back to a total...
  9. Is a clean reinstall in my future? (all apps are currently hosed)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is a clean reinstall in my future? (all apps are currently hosed): On a new laptop with a 256G SSD for the OS and a separate data drive I was trying to get WSL2 running with the Linux environments stored on the data drive. Something led me to try taking ownership of the WindowsApps folder on the C drive and from there it's been all downhill....
  10. Hosed update

in Windows 10 Support
    Hosed update: I have a dual boot set up (Linux + Windows) and my Win 10 partition is hosed since last update. The automatic repair will not accomplish anything and neither will advanced options get me anywhere. However, I can access the documents in the Win10 partition when I boot into...