Windows 10: clean boot messed up few things and forced kept me on Selective Startup

Discus and support clean boot messed up few things and forced kept me on Selective Startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I performed a clean boot on Windows 10 (bootcamp -Retina Macbook pro) ,but now whatever I do , in System configuration /general /my startup selection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Roxham7, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Roxham7 Win User

clean boot messed up few things and forced kept me on Selective Startup

I performed a clean boot on Windows 10 (bootcamp -Retina Macbook pro) ,but now whatever I do , in System configuration /general /my startup selection is set to " selective startup" . I changed that few times to Normal startup and restart but it goes back to "Selective startup "again.

Normal startup is greyed out by default ,so I went inside boot/ticked Safe mood/back to general and "Normal startup " became available , than selected and applied /restart ,, but again when back to msconfig , it shows "selective startup " with all three line under selective startup ticked (please look screenshot attached)

I am sure I performed every thing correctly to get back from clean boot in the 1st place also But worth mentioning , while I was on clean boot and trying to come back to normal boot , Services was stopped which is expected but only "disable all " was available with enable all greyed out ! I click onhide microsoft , restart , than enable all became available and I applied ,than inside start up /task manager and enabled all also ./closed and restart and was expecting that computer come back to normal startup which it didn't.

Is it normal ? I almost read all over the internet , so it's not idiot proof stuff. some people saying it is normal ,that stay on selective startup forever after clean boot , is it ?

My computer is apple laptop and use windows 10 on bootcamp , so I cannot remember what it was set before I perform the clean boot ,but maybe it is supposed to be on Selective Startup while using Windows on bootcamp because of difference between drivers? can someone please confirm if they have a normal startup or selective on System configuration after performed clean boot .
    I also opened advanced option in system config/boot / as it was suggested by microsoft ,but all is normal and nothing is ticked for me to untick .

It also brings another problem(not sure if related) ! basically I always keep my password and tick "remember me" on every application and website , so when I go in , it's either already signed in or at least user/pass are automatically filled in and I just log in , Not sure if it's related to this or not , but since the clean boot , every application asks me to login every single time I open them , even if I opened them an hour ago and clicked on " remember me " ,next time when I bring my laptop back from sleep , I have to login again .

Can someone please shed some light what is the problem with the password , or maybe this one is only some "idiot proof" setting that I am not aware of as I am very new to windows 10 .

Thanks

clean boot messed up few things and forced kept me on Selective Startup 5128ef19-8b9c-4cd9-8ad5-a873968d772b?upload=true.jpg clean boot messed up few things and forced kept me on Selective Startup 6bbaa074-c458-454e-8074-4b71fc1669da?upload=true.jpg clean boot messed up few things and forced kept me on Selective Startup e31e5a03-3c24-47a1-a771-36b2818fda9a?upload=true.jpg clean boot messed up few things and forced kept me on Selective Startup 637d4795-9a59-4bda-8a10-9be5525a4dba?upload=true.jpg clean boot messed up few things and forced kept me on Selective Startup 63cb5efd-baf2-400f-9c07-dfcc5a351637?upload=true.jpg

:)

Roxham7, Sep 6, 2019

2. what determines selective startup versus normal startup after clean boot and how to start with normal start up

This is the best forum for your issue and we have addressed it.

If you need clarifications, please refer to the information below:

1) How come the clean install does not start as normal startup?

• Performing a clean install overwrites all other content on the hard disk. Unlike a typical OS upgrade, a clean install removes that current operating system and user files during the installation process that's why it does not start as normal startup.
    2) What determines whether it is normal or selective?

• Normal startup implies that you want everything you've installed that has Startup option to start or load at the startup after you login to Microsoft Windows while Normal Startup only select startup programs that you choose to start or load at the startup
      after you login to Microsoft Windows.
    3) How do the settings in services impact the startup making it normal or selective?

• The definition of each boot up is based on how you want your system to perform upon startup. Windows Selective Startup. improves overall system performance, boot time, and get rid of programs you don't want running in the background.
    4) In order to start with normal start up after clean boot what needs to be done?

• Usually, after the clean boot, you'll need to perform a System File Checker.
      System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Thank you.

Acelyn Alc, Sep 6, 2019
  3. power selections not kept

Changing the power plan should automatically save the configuration. For further isolation of the issue, I suggest performing a
    clean boot. A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you use your Windows 10
    device. For the steps on how to perform a clean boot, please refer to this
    support article
    . You can also watch our
    for a detailed guide.

NOTE: Please go to the section:
    Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting to boot the PC in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Let us know the results.

Devlin Sco, Sep 6, 2019
  4. clean boot messed up few things and forced kept me on Selective Startup

Boot problem - Stuck in Selective Startup

Please help me, I'm desperate! I followed some steps and it seems I reuined my normal booting. I did this steps: -I entered the run windows -> MSCONFIG -left click on the BOOT tab -unchecked the box next to "safe mode" --left click on GENERAL tab -from the
    features I got there I went to SELECTIVE STARTUP -unchecked the features to clear the selections -left click on the SERVICES - disable all -left click on STARTUP tab and disabled each item in the list -reboot the windows

AND I GOT STUCK... it doesn't boot normally, it appears only the background image and some features below like: languages, connections. PLEASE help me to go back to normal boot... if a still can clean boot messed up few things and forced kept me on Selective Startup :(

I only can enter the Bios Mode... with F8

Using Windows 10

PetraEithne, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

clean boot messed up few things and forced kept me on Selective Startup

1. clean boot messed up few things and forced kept me on Selective Startup - Similar Threads - clean boot messed

2. Clean boot mess up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean boot mess up.: My laptop kept crashing for the past few times so I went to try and do a clean boot. Apparently, after the restart, I can't sign in or use my pin number. A reset doesn't seem to work nor system repair. Is there anything I can do or I gotta get a new laptop?...
  3. Clean boot mess up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean boot mess up.: My laptop kept crashing for the past few times so I went to try and do a clean boot. Apparently, after the restart, I can't sign in or use my pin number. A reset doesn't seem to work nor system repair. Is there anything I can do or I gotta get a new laptop?...
  4. Just stop messing things up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just stop messing things up: If I wanted an Apple computer I would have bought an Apple computer. Why does Microsoft keep trying to copy everything Apple does? I do not want the start button in the middle of the task bar, so I moved it. I do not want to use to appreciation "app" it is not a word, stop...
  5. Just stop messing things up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just stop messing things up: If I wanted an Apple computer I would have bought an Apple computer. Why does Microsoft keep trying to copy everything Apple does? I do not want the start button in the middle of the task bar, so I moved it. I do not want to use to appreciation "app" it is not a word, stop...
  6. Desktop messed up on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop messed up on startup: Hello,I've been having an issue with my desktop icons arrangement for a while. Normally, I never use a predefined sorting method such as by name, size, item type... and custom sort the desktop icons myself. It used to work normally: I sort the icons, and they stay where they...
  7. I messed up a clean boot

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I messed up a clean boot: Something was wrong with my computer so i tried to do a clean boot. I messed up and accidentally disabled all programs and restarted the computer so now my computer wont let me login. It keeps saying my passwords incorrect and there is no internet connection. I did...
  8. Windows Defender messing things up.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender messing things up.: For a while now, my windows defender has been acting over aggressively for a bunch of files and is preventing me from downloading certain files and changing certain settings. It also won't let me save in many different video games, and the only thing that is allowing me to...
  9. How to clean up this mess?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to clean up this mess?: I just completed the Win10 Anniversary Update on my laptop. Doing that is another story - but this is what my boot drive looks like now: [img] This system was originally Win8 (I know, i should change the drive name) which i updated to Win10 when that came out. I never...
  10. Cleaning up the mess after upgrading and crashing a few times.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cleaning up the mess after upgrading and crashing a few times.: I do believe it was in this forum I received a bit of advice on how to stablize my computer a few months back. Well, it's all good now. Now I need to clean up the mess that's been left behind upgrading Windows 8.1 to 10 2-3 times having that crash, then thanks to everyone...