Windows 10: Clean command in DiskPart in cmd by mistake

Discus and support Clean command in DiskPart in cmd by mistake in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey geeks, My PC was having some trouble from last few days, so during the chkdsk, it made one of my partition RAW. So, in order to repair it, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PZaricon, Feb 9, 2021.

1. PZaricon Win User

Clean command in DiskPart in cmd by mistake

Hey geeks,

My PC was having some trouble from last few days, so during the chkdsk, it made one of my partition RAW.

So, in order to repair it, I accidently ran clean command in diskpart of Command Prompt Admin on my 1 TB HDD. Then I closed the command prompt immediately and switched off from power within 10 seconds.

I then dual booted to Windows 8 and saw that all my files were there but some 200 gb was unallocated or something.

Then back to my Windows 10, there are no partitions present in My Computer, but they are present in Disk Management.

Please assist me in getting my partitions back.

:)

PZaricon, Feb 9, 2021

2. DISKPART CLEAN

Hello

I'm Peter F independent Advisor

You will get this error when you are using diskpart clean command on system disk. The system disk contains the Windows operating system files and other critical files, if you are allowed to clean the system disk, all the data and partitions will be gone. That
    will result in a lot of errors and chaos. Meanwhile, the delete volume is greyed out in Disk Management. In this case, the new SSD drive may be regarded as the system disk due to the system files, etc.

Using Windows installation disc to clean

If you have the Windows installation disc, you can follow these steps to solve clean is not allowed issue in Windows 7/8/10:

1. Insert the Windows installation disc, then boot from it.

2. Click Repair your computer> Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Command Prompt.

3. Then input the diskpart commands to clean hard disk:

diskpart

list disk

select disk [disknumber]

clean

Diskpart Clean

Then you could create a new partition on the drive to solve this problem.

Reference

https://www.disk-partition.com/articles/virtual...

This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I hope it helps

Pedro V Flores, Feb 9, 2021
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Feb 9, 2021
  4. garaunt69 Win User

DiskPart-Clean command-Bad mistake-Lost all data & O.S HELP PLEASE

Ok here it is short ....... 3nights ago I put my laptop in sleep mode for the night, in the morning I go online & as homepage is opening I get BSOB with stop code ? I didn't catch it in time, it restarts, I sign in get to start screen BSOB this time code
    0x000000EF Critical Process Died. It restarts but on boot get error code 0x000000f. At this point im clueless, so I shut it down tried again, nothing auto repair. I tried everything that I found to fix it not booting up many many times, then here is where
    things turn bad. My device open in CMD I was trying to see if flashdrive was usable to create a media disk as I upgraded from W7 online so no disk of my own. I was in DiskPart to look at the drives which I shouldn't been since im no pro & this is why...I
    used the clean cmd on my main drive not the flash. This can't be happening, my view of "list disk" before was

Disk ## Status Size Free Dyn Gpt

Disk 0 Online 298GB 1024KB

Disk 1 Online 7751MB 0B

And after

Disk 0 Online 298GB 298GB

Disk 1 Online 7751MB 0B

To verify what I just did I list disk, selected Disk 0 then "list partitions" and got this

There are no partitions on this disk to show

I read that recovery or undo clean would be impossible if I erased all partitions, other options I could find was to use DiskMgt.msc but Cmd said "is not a recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

Also the drive letter is X:\Windows\System32> after exiting DiskPart

I haven't touch a thing it still in Cmd, if anyone has any knowledge on what possibilities I have at recovering my data especially in this situation I would so much greatly appreciate every little bit you have to offer.

And yes I am an idiot & no I have no recent back up

Hopefully there's help out there

Thanks

garaunt69, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Clean command in DiskPart in cmd by mistake - Similar Threads - Clean command DiskPart

2. Help : Data Lost By Using Diskpart Clean Command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help : Data Lost By Using Diskpart Clean Command: By Installing Windows 11 from Windows 10 , To Make Space for Windows 11I have Entered the Command Diskpart Clean and Then convert the Diskpart to mbrAfter Installing Windows 11, I noticed That There was Only Local Disk C Which is Formatted or Cleared and Other Local Disks...
  3. Diskpart clean

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Diskpart clean: Hello,I recently used clean command in diskpart and it is the only drive in my laptop and i installed windows in it. How do i get the files back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diskpart-clean/d5d23cc0-1366-4054-b1ee-8645fa015585
  4. Diskpart clean

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diskpart clean: Hello,I recently used clean command in diskpart and it is the only drive in my laptop and i installed windows in it. How do i get the files back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diskpart-clean/d5d23cc0-1366-4054-b1ee-8645fa015585
  5. Diskpart clean

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Used the "clean" command in DiskPart by mistake

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Used the "clean" command in DiskPart by mistake: I'm in a pickle and need somebody to help me. While removing some unnecessary partitions in HDD, I accidentally ran "clean" command instead of using "delete partition" command in DiskPart. Right after that, I also ran "create partition primary" command. But fortunately, I...
  7. DiskPart-Clean command-Bad mistake-Lost all data & O.S HELP PLEASE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DiskPart-Clean command-Bad mistake-Lost all data & O.S HELP PLEASE: Ok here it is short ....... 3nights ago I put my laptop in sleep mode for the night, in the morning I go online & as homepage is opening I get BSOB with stop code ? I didn't catch it in time, it restarts, I sign in get to start screen BSOB this time code 0x000000EF Critical...
  8. Clean command diskpart windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean command diskpart windows 10: I accidentally ran this while in a windows 10 boot disk trying to recover my computer after it stopped booting. thankfully I have all the main partition's data on a backup drive, but is there anyway to basically "undo" the command? I guess not because I assume it just wipes...
  9. DISKPART CLEAN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISKPART CLEAN: Why won't diskpart clean work on my laptop? Thank you [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diskpart-clean/14acc163-1e60-4373-8363-c5942ae68e51
  10. convert mbr not needed after diskpart clean command?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    convert mbr not needed after diskpart clean command?: @NavyLCDR, you said in another thread: The clean command in diskpart automatically converts the drive to MBR. "Convert MBR" is never necessary after the "clean" command. I tested this and does not appear to be the case. Flash drive is GPT before and after the clean command...