Windows 10: Clean computer

Discus and support Clean computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I need to clean my computer because the scammers got me yesterday with the fake support numbers.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Surf-1919, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Surf-1919 Win User

Clean computer

I need to clean my computer because the scammers got me yesterday with the fake support numbers.

:)

Surf-1919, Apr 7, 2021

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Toothless Win User
    Silent boot failure

List your specs out and tell us each step in cleaning you did.

Toothless, Apr 7, 2021
  4. swat354 Win User

Clean computer

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Clean computer

1. Clean computer - Similar Threads - Clean computer

2. Spring cleaning my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Spring cleaning my computer: Hi, In an attempt to get rid of some unused apps on my computer, I notice I have 20 apps totalling over 20 MB. These are titled "Visual C++ redistributable" I think they may have something to do with programming which I have never done or intend to do. Is it OK to delete...
  3. Computer upgrade - replace HDD and clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer upgrade - replace HDD and clean install: I have a computer that needs a clean install, so I'm thinking that I would replace the HDD with SDD. My computer started life with Win 8.1 Home, and upgradred to Win 10 Home. To activate Windows, would I need a new licence key for Windows 10 or can I use the one for WIndows...
  4. Computer extremly slow even after clean hard drive clean windows 10 install

Computer extremly slow even after clean hard drive clean windows 10 install: I noticed my computer running slower than usual so I decide to do a clean install of windows 10 from a USB boot. Once I booted onto the USB install prior to starting install I did a disk clean with diskpart so a completely clean hard drive installing latest version of...
  5. Clean Install Error - "Windows could not retrieve information about the disks on this computer"

Clean Install Error - "Windows could not retrieve information about the disks on this computer": Attempting to install a brand new copy of Windows 10 on a brand new build: Asus Z490-P i7 - 10K Samsung EVO 850 WD Nvme m.2 Blue SSD Booted into BIOS, everything shows up. Insert the USB Install key, fire up the install. Select 64bit, select country, language etc. Hit...
  6. Networked Computers not visible in File Explorer new clean install

Networked Computers not visible in File Explorer new clean install: I did a FULL CLEAN INSTALL, and I still can't see the computers in Win 10 File Explorer. Did all the suggested fixes. Private, share, 8-10 different Services changes, SMB change. Then even did another TOP clean reinstalls. The one computer can't even see itself consistently,...
  7. Renamed computer after clean install, disappeared from network.

Renamed computer after clean install, disappeared from network.: I’ve been trying to determine why my networked computers cant see each other. Rebuilt bith drsktops with new mb and did a clean install. When i changed the crazy name assiged, computer xyx1066, or some such non sense to “craftroom”, it no longer shows in file explorer on...
  8. What are some general tips for cleaning my slower computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What are some general tips for cleaning my slower computer?: The thing is, my gaming PC just has loads of useless stuff just sitting around from years and years of use. I’ve noticed it’s clunky and a little slower now. I googled how to clean a PC and was wondering what is a good routine? I’ve seen many different options. What would...
  9. Computer will not download clean windows after recent update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer will not download clean windows after recent update: Hello, I made a Pc build not even a month ago and i was using it with windows 10 perfectly fine up until January 7th where i had updated my windows to the latest version and then after that my computer kept getting stop errors and crashes. I tried to do a clean reboot and...
  10. Weird "Current antivirus solution cleaning your computer" at startup!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird "Current antivirus solution cleaning your computer" at startup!: I'm currently using the Bitdefender antivirus (free version), and it's has worked great for me. When I booted up my PC, I got a strange BIOS-looking screen saying something among the lines of "your antivirus solution is cleaning your PC", then my PC booted up normally. I'm...