Windows 10: Clean hard disk

Discus and support Clean hard disk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was wondering about using Darik,s Boot and Nuke to clean the hard disk and install windows pro a question for greg maccormack thanks gary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by garyreeves1, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Clean hard disk

I was wondering about using Darik,s Boot and Nuke to clean the hard disk and install windows pro a question for greg maccormack thanks gary

:)

garyreeves1, Nov 6, 2018

2. External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 6, 2018
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Nov 6, 2018
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Clean hard disk

Unsupported Disk Layout for UEFI firmware

Step #5 - in the command window that opens type:

diskpart
    list disk
    select disk 0 <- make sure disk 0 is the hard drive in question!
    clean <- this will erase the disk selected above - make sure disk 0 is the hard drive you want!
    convert gpt
    exit
    exit

NavyLCDR, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Clean hard disk

1. Clean hard disk - Similar Threads - Clean hard disk

2. Hard disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard disk: Dear All,Recently I reinstalled my windows 11 after crashing. I had two hard disks. One is SDD which is working fine. But another hard disk is failing to initialize. I tried to initialize it, but it showed the message "a device which does not exist was specified." It would be...
  3. Hard disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard disk: Hello everyone?I don't know why my 2-nd hard disk not showing up after I updated my computer from Windows 10 to 11.It doesn't show up even in disk management, computer management, cmd diskpart, and I tried in BIOS but I didn't fix it. I would like an answer as soon as...
  4. I cleaned hard drive clean

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cleaned hard drive clean: I cleaned my ASUS X453M hard drive totally clean, i don't know how to download windows on it cause i don't have a flash drive. I tried to use that hard drive to download windows on it, and it did not worki used youtube videos i found....
  5. No hard disk????

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No hard disk????: So, there are many desktops not working in my school, but this is a weird one I'm talking about. It says on the screen: "Alert! No Hard disk" It's the second time it has happened. Is this a malfunction or not?...
  6. clean disk

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    clean disk: why do i receive this message when doing a diskpart clean why wont it work thank you [img] 130268
  7. clean disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    clean disk: how do i run clean disk [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I PUT DISK NUMBER THEN CLEAN DID NOT WORK? THANK YOU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-disk/f8fc49d8-1513-4432-abee-eb35de5f7bb6
  8. hard drive cleaning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hard drive cleaning: I would like to clean my hard drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-cleaning/05bfae9c-6174-4938-9e25-31f892008c04"
  9. Disk Clean

Disk Clean: With recent updates the native "Disk Clean" app MS added a new feature, that is, "Downloads". I keep nothing in any "Downloads Folders" any/all downloads are transferred to a USB flash drive after installing for ease of reinstalling after a clean install. Question is: The...
  10. Cleaning disk

Cleaning disk: Hello, sorry for the bad translation, I hope it is correct. In Windows 10 there is a tool called "CLEANING DISK". It examines the disk and give you some option of things that you can delete (recicle bin, cache, memory dump, etc.). What I don't understand is the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clean hard disk