Windows 10: Clean instal Win !0 with USB

Discus and support Clean instal Win !0 with USB in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have Win 10 64 bit downloaded onto a USB flash drive in order to do a clean install on my SSD drive...is installing it through BIOS any advantage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by petermik, Jul 10, 2021.

1. petermik Win User

Clean instal Win !0 with USB

I have Win 10 64 bit downloaded onto a USB flash drive in order to do a clean install on my SSD drive...is installing it through BIOS any advantage than simply going through system recovery and using this method (remove everything install through USB) which method is better or are they both the same?

:)

petermik, Jul 10, 2021

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jul 10, 2021
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jul 10, 2021
  4. Clean instal Win !0 with USB

Use DiskPart to Create the OS Partition on Clean Install.

Thanks for the reply @NavyLCDR, it is appreciated.

So basically, these are the steps . . .

[1] Boot from the installation USB.
    [2] On the Windows Installation Screen press Shift + F10.

• diskpart
    • list disk
    • select disk 0
    • clean
    • convert mbr
    • create partition primary size=30720
    • format fs=ntfs
    • active
    • exit
    • exit
    [3] Continue to the "Where do you want to install Windows?" screen.
    [4] Highlight Drive 0.
    [5] Click Next to continue the installation.

Paul Black, Jul 10, 2021
Thema:

Clean instal Win !0 with USB

1. Clean instal Win !0 with USB - Similar Threads - Clean instal USB

2. Clean install without USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean install without USB: Is there a way to clean install Windows 11 without USB?Other than the recovery option in settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-install-without-usb/965b2b43-ef13-4cc5-a5db-d9748556f323
  3. win 11 clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 11 clean install: My win 11 has become a nightmare on my dell desktop. I want to do a clean install with none of the dell BS. I am backing up all my files to a portable ssd? please provide some guidance. Thank...
  4. Clean install frm USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean install frm USB: I have an Acer Aspire XC-705 desktop PC and I want to perform a clean install of Windows 10 from installation media on a USB stick.However I have two problems.First, I can't change the Boot Priority in the BIOS to Removable Device, because when I move Movable Device to the...
  5. Clean install Win 10 with USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install Win 10 with USB: I have Win 10 64 bit downloaded onto a USB flash drive in order to do a clean install on my SSD drive...is installing it through BIOS any advantage than simply going through system recovery and using this method (remove everything install through USB) which method is better...
  6. Clean instal Win 10 with USB

Clean instal Win 10 with USB: I have Win 10 64 bit downloaded onto a USB flash drive in order to do a clean install on my SSD drive...is installing it through BIOS any advantage than simply going through system recovery and using this method (remove everything install through USB) which method is better...
  7. WIN 10 clean install - USB mouse and keyboard not working

WIN 10 clean install - USB mouse and keyboard not working: I have a 2014 desktop that has been upgraded over the years. It came with a mouse and keyboard with colour coded pin type connections - both thrown away for newer USB models. I have just completed a clean upload of Windows 10 and find, on restart, my USB mouse and keyboard...
  8. CLEAN INSTALL OF WIN 10

CLEAN INSTALL OF WIN 10: Attn: Greg Carmack Greg: I am studying your tutorial on doing a CLEAN INSTALL to try to familiarize my self with the process. Your instructions are quite simple to understand but I am getting confused on the link to the article about File History. This is what I understand...
  9. clean install win 10

clean install win 10: cannot create a partition or find an existing one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/clean-install-win-10/72c073f8-1a63-4866-b133-7559ced90d03
  10. Clean install of win 10 ?

Clean install of win 10 ?: Hi guys;i could never do a Clean a install of win10 preview on my PC's from a DVD ISO, i get stuck here, see pic; although i can upgrade from win 7 to win 10. the DVD ISO i made was from MS. Image codes: DSC02178 4374