Windows 10: Clean Install 10 On 7 Pro Machine

Discus and support Clean Install 10 On 7 Pro Machine in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi- New here, but was a member on Seven Forums for years... I've a couple of questions regarding a clean Windows 10 (1909) install on a Windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by timw128, Jan 16, 2020.

1. timw128 Win User

Clean Install 10 On 7 Pro Machine

Hi-

New here, but was a member on Seven Forums for years...

I've a couple of questions regarding a clean Windows 10 (1909) install
    on a Windows 7 Pro based machine.
    I'm going to leave W7 on the SSD that it's on now, but remove SSD
    and install a new one for Windows 10.

First, could someone please advise on how to copy Brink's tutorials,
    turn them into PDF format so that I can take my flash drive to Staple's
    and have them print the instructions out?...
    I need to do that for 2 tutorials- one for the GenuineTicket.xml file and
    the other for the installation tutorial. I already have Windows 10 burned
    to DVD from the Media Creation Tool we did through this pc and Windows 7.

I'm thinking MS will still license my Windows 10 installation either through
    the Windows 7 license key, or the GenuineTicket.xml.

Thanks for any and all advise/help.

tim

:)

timw128, Jan 16, 2020
  2. NickSteel Win User

Query on Clean installation of Windows 10 Pro on Windows 7 Pro PC.

Original Title: Windows 7 Pro (from MS upgrade key) to Windows 10 Pro - Clean Install

My Gateway NV7923U X64 came with Windows 7 Home installed.

I purchased an upgrade key from MS and upgraded to Windows 7 Pro.

I need to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro and then do a clean install.

• Will my existing upgraded Windows 7 Pro now upgrade to Windows 10 Pro automatically, or do I need to perform additional steps?
    • Will I be able to do a clean install and have Windows 10 Pro after upgrading?

NickSteel, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Clean install of W10 not possible in Virtual Machine.

Please get a cup of coffee, lean back and think an answer for these two questions. Take your time, then check the answers below the questions:

Questions:
    1. If you do a clean install of let's say Windows 10 Insider Build 10525 on a totally new computer which has never had an activated Windows 10 on it, does it activate?
    2. If you do a clean install of Windows 10 Insider Build on a computer where the underlying Windows 10, upgraded from a qualifying old operating system has already been activated, does it activate?

Answers:
    1. No, of course not.
    2. Yes, of course.

Why do you think that a virtual machine would make any difference? You have tried to install Windows 10 on a totally new machine which has never had an activated Windows 10 installed, therefore the Microsoft activation servers block the activation due invalid machine ID. In the highlighted part in below quote you admit your mistake yourself, plain and simple, yet you when doing this wrong draw conclusion that even if done correctly it would not work:

What you have tried is essentially the same as if you took a brand new real physical PC without any operating system, which has never had any operating system, and then installed Windows 10 Insider Preview wondering why it does not activate! Virtual Machines behave exactly the same way; if you want to clean install Windows 10 Insider Preview and get it activated you must do it on an existing virtual machine, one which has already had an upgraded Windows 10 activated. This "computer", the virtual machine, its machine ID is marked on activation servers as valid and activated and it will of course activate.

Be it a virtual machine or a physical computer, you cannot activate a clean installed Windows 10 Insider Preview on a totally new machine. How difficult can this be to understand?

When clean installing Windows 10 Insider Preview on a computer which has already had a previous Windows 10 Insider activated, you do not use the product key! It will be asked twice, once before the installation starts and once after the last reboot to OOBE phase. In both cases you skip the product key and your Windows will be automatically activated.

Thema:

1. Clean Install 10 On 7 Pro Machine - Similar Threads - Clean Install Pro

2. 10 pro after a clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    10 pro after a clean install: I made a clean install Win 10 Pro but it only installed Win 10 home. How can I get Pro? I tried the process of changing product key with the key from before the clean install. Thanks...
  3. Clean install win 10 Pro

Clean install win 10 Pro: Hello, I'm not a power user or well practiced on or in computing. I have a Lenovo E570 laptop with Win 10Pro V1903 It has two SSD's. I'd like to clean install a new copy of Win 10 Pro. I've got both drives backed up on an external drive. When it comes time to restore...
  4. Installing windows 10 Pro on a windows 7 Pro Machine

Installing windows 10 Pro on a windows 7 Pro Machine: I am trying to upgrade to windows 10 Pro, Every time I try to install it gets to the end and errors out and I get the following: 0x800707E7 0x3000D First Boot Phase error during migrate data...
  5. clean installation Windows 10 pro

clean installation Windows 10 pro: I had made a stick from the MCT but read it was for other pcs -I plan on getting one so it is not a waste. However, in looking for the best way to do a clean install of my pc with Win 10 Pro I got confused. I do not not have the 25 characters. I have an upgrade. Should I do...
  6. Windows 10 pro. clean install.

Windows 10 pro. clean install.: Hi, I am running windows 10 pro. 32 bit on a HP laptop. It was a upgrade from assistive technology which I'm using. How do I do a clean install of windows 10 pro. And install a 64 bit this time. And I have a flash drive 16 GB. Will someone walk me through it please....
  7. Must a clean install be on the same machine to Activate with a Win 7

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Must a clean install be on the same machine to Activate with a Win 7: Must a clean install be on the same machine to Activate with a Win 7 or 8 key? 29846
  8. Windows 10 Pro clean installation

Windows 10 Pro clean installation: Hi, I am trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 Pro. I downloaded the Windows 10 Media Creations Tool. When choosing 'Create installation media for another PC' it doesn't give me the option to choose the Windows 10 Pro edition. It just says 'Windows 10'. I downloaded...
  9. 7 Ultimate Upgrade to 10 Pro followed by clean install.

7 Ultimate Upgrade to 10 Pro followed by clean install.: I upgraded my wife's PC from 7 Ultimate to 10 Pro skipping the Product Key input screens. The 10 Pro activated. I then clean installed 10 Pro skipping the Product Key input screens and it activated. Interesting fact, the clean install didn't show the roundy thingy progress...
  10. New clean install on Win 7 Pro Key

New clean install on Win 7 Pro Key: Hi New install of Win 10 Pro appears to have installed all drivers, chipset, graphics audio etc. I previously downloaded all updated drivers that supported Windows 10. Would it be wise to update them or should I stick with the defaults that Windows has installed?...