Windows 10: Clean Install doesnt dedect Education Version

Discus and support Clean Install doesnt dedect Education Version in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello all, I have a Windows 10 Home that I upgraded to the Education version. Now I have done a clean install to get rid of the various bugs that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Toms Mircosoft Account, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Clean Install doesnt dedect Education Version

Hello all,

I have a Windows 10 Home that I upgraded to the Education version.
    Now I have done a clean install to get rid of the various bugs that Mircosoft has brought in through the updates. For this I have also formatted all hard drives, because during restoring a backup, Windows was installed on another volume.

Now my problem: the version that was automatically activated is the Windows 10 Home, not the Education version.
    I only had a local account before and I don't know if I still have the key for the Education upgrade somewhere.

Now how do I reactivate the Education version that I had before the Clean Install.

After a Clean Install, the Education version was not activated and I would like to change this.

:)

Toms Mircosoft Account, Apr 7, 2021

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Windows Education Issue

Are you have Windows 10 Education installed?

To find out if you have the right edition installed:

Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Edition.

If you don't have the right edition installed, you will need to download and install it.

Step 1:

Download Windows 10 Education ISO files

If you attend a college or university, your institution might provide you with the Education edition of Windows 10. If you are only provided with a license (product key), you can download the .ISO file from the Microsoft Download Academic Products website.

Go to the following link: Download Windows 10 Academic ISO

Clean Install doesnt dedect Education Version 9b4ebea7-eec2-4952-bf58-fc24a900ff8a.png

Scroll down then enter your Windows 10 Education product key, then click verify

Clean Install doesnt dedect Education Version 4b50baf3-7735-4510-a5df-60c21b90e0cf.png

Step 2: Create a bootable copy:

Step 3: perform a clean install:

Andre Da Costa, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Clean Install doesnt dedect Education Version

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Clean Install doesnt dedect Education Version

1. Clean Install doesnt dedect Education Version - Similar Threads - Clean Install doesnt

2. my hard disk is not dedected in the computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my hard disk is not dedected in the computer: The disk is shown in the Disk Management and everything seems healthy, however the path to change drive letter and paths is not shown. Can anyone please support me on this?Many thanks....
  3. clean install of windows doesnt work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clean install of windows doesnt work.: I used a bootable usb to reinstall windows as my windows had been corrupt. i booted my pc and selected the usb from the boot menu and it went onto the windows loading screen for a few second and now i am stuck on a full dark navy blue screen in which i can move my cursor....
  4. clean install of windows doesnt work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    clean install of windows doesnt work.: I used a bootable usb to reinstall windows as my windows had been corrupt. i booted my pc and selected the usb from the boot menu and it went onto the windows loading screen for a few second and now i am stuck on a full dark navy blue screen in which i can move my cursor....
  5. clean install of windows doesnt work.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Clean Install WIndows Education

Clean Install WIndows Education: I originally build a pc and someone had a flashdrive with Windows Pro or so I though so I can download it and have at least the Windows basics without putting the product id. Years later I finally went and purchased Windows Home from official Microsoft Website and did a clean...
  7. Clean Install WIndows Education

Clean Install WIndows Education: I originally build a pc and someone had a flashdrive with Windows Pro or so I though so I can download it and have at least the Windows basics without putting the product id. Years later I finally went and purchased Windows Home from official Microsoft Website and did a clean...
  8. Are there any autocad versions that can be installed on windows 10 education version?

Are there any autocad versions that can be installed on windows 10 education version?: I have been trying to install autocad educational software on my PC, and unfortunately I am 0 for 4. I tried installing 2018 thru 2020 with 32 bit software but most tell me either I have to use a 64-bit I tried installing the 2018 LT version and I come to find out that I...
  9. Windows 10 Pro to Education - Clean Install vs Upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro to Education - Clean Install vs Upgrade: I recently received a key from my university for Windows 10 Education and want to upgrade my existing Win 10 Pro. Are there any benefits in doing a clean install straight from the Win 10 Education iso versus running an upgrade from Pro to Education? p.s. I ran a new...
  10. Reset This PC doesnt clean install windows 10

Reset This PC doesnt clean install windows 10: I read that Reset This PC does a clean install of windows. I waited hours, and when it completed, I had the same loadout as before, with all the Asus bloatware. So, I read Windows 10 doesn't need a recovery partition anymore. I figured since I had one, Reset This PC loaded...