Windows 10: clean install freezes on windows logo and spinning dots freeze too

Discus and support clean install freezes on windows logo and spinning dots freeze too in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have built a new pc and what ever I try I cannot get windows to download gets to the same point every time and freezes, I have used a disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GreggPrettyjohns, Aug 30, 2019.

1. clean install freezes on windows logo and spinning dots freeze too

Hello,

I have built a new pc and what ever I try I cannot get windows to download gets to the same point every time and freezes, I have used a disk drive with a genuine copy of windows 10 installer disk, I have also tried using a external HDD as a bootable drive. I have removed the SSD and then the m.2 I have also moved the RAM around or taken one out I have removed the GPU as well, I have tried formatting to FAT and to NTFS I have change the BIOS to boot from the drive I want and I have tried removing the secure boot and tried on legacy and UEFI both didn't do anything. I have tried resetting the CMOS a few times also no change I cant think of anything else to try.

any help would be very appreciated thank you in advance.

PC specs:

i7-9700k CPU

16gb (2x8gb) corsair 3200 MHz ram

RTX 2080 8gb GPU

MPG Z370 gaming plus motherboard

corsair m.2 480gb

crucial 1Tb SSD

Thank you

Gregg

:)

GreggPrettyjohns, Aug 30, 2019
  2. VBX
    vbx Win User

computer freezes at windows logo.

My Win7 logo use to freeze right when the 3 dots start rotating. For a good 30-60 seconds. Then windows loads.

I changed my Graphic Card and it fixed the freezing logo.

3. Freezes at Blue Windows logo (no dots)

I've got what appears to be a common problem where my computer occasionally freezes at the blue windows logo upon startup, without any spinning dots. If I power down and reboot it loads fine. I've turned off the fast startup, and unplugged any external USB
    drives that would have a backup, which seem to be the two most common suggestions.

Let me know if you need any specific information regarding my PC. Thanks.

dburton1870, Aug 30, 2019
  4. clean install freezes on windows logo and spinning dots freeze too

Windows installer freezes on spinning dots?

Hi,

I recently moved and tried to turn on my Windows 10 PC for the first time and got the BSOD. After trying a few of the fixes for that with no success, I decided I would simply just clean install a new Windows
    10 off my bootable USB. So I used my MSi motherboard settings to format my SSD and tried to boot off the USB after restarting.

However, when booting off the USB, the system freezes as soon as the small spinning dots come up. To be more specific, it displays 3 dots and then freezes on them no matter how long I wait.

Things i've tried:

- Reformatted SSD.

- Tried 2 different Windows ISO's on 2 different USB's (Home & Education edition).

- Unplugged HDD inside case incase it was a faulty secondary drive causing issues.

I'm not really sure what to try now. Please note I didn't add a disk drive when I built this PC because it's 2018.

Thanks!

Vincent.Kaye, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

clean install freezes on windows logo and spinning dots freeze too

1. clean install freezes on windows logo and spinning dots freeze too - Similar Threads - clean install freezes

2. Windows 10 logo freeze with no spinning dots and not coming automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 logo freeze with no spinning dots and not coming automatic Repair: hey m avaneesh pandey i have a problom when i install windows it stucked at blue windows 10 logo and there is no spinning dots i search on yt but nothing happens people also told me u can solve this problom by automatic Repair but i shut down my pc sevral time nothing happens...
  3. Windows 10 logo freeze with no spinning dots and not coming automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 logo freeze with no spinning dots and not coming automatic Repair: hey m avaneesh pandey i have a problom when i install windows it stucked at blue windows 10 logo and there is no spinning dots i search on yt but nothing happens people also told me u can solve this problom by automatic Repair but i shut down my pc sevral time nothing happens...
  4. Windows 10 logo freeze with no spinning dots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 logo freeze with no spinning dots: Hello! I have installed windows 10 on my pcwhich is old. All the installation process went good and setup asked to restart. And after that windows 10 logo is stuck with no spinning dots.I waited for 2 houes but nothing happened.I powered off my pc and started it again but...
  5. Windows 10 logo freeze with no spinning dots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 logo freeze with no spinning dots: Hello! I have installed windows 10 on my pcwhich is old. All the installation process went good and setup asked to restart. And after that windows 10 logo is stuck with no spinning dots.I waited for 2 houes but nothing happened.I powered off my pc and started it again but...
  6. Windows 10 logo freeze with no spinning dots

7. Boot freezes at spinning dots

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot freezes at spinning dots: As the title says I am currently having an issue with my Win10 computer where whenever I try to boot it up it goes to the spinning dots under the company logo of the MB manufacturer and as soon as the dots appear it freezes. If I force automatic repair the exact same happens...
  8. Windows installer freezes on spinning dots?

Windows installer freezes on spinning dots?: Hi, I recently moved and tried to turn on my Windows 10 PC for the first time and got the BSOD. After trying a few of the fixes for that with no success, I decided I would simply just clean install a new Windows 10 off my bootable USB. So I used my MSi motherboard settings...
  9. Windows 10 freeze at spinning dots

Windows 10 freeze at spinning dots: Hi all, I am currently having a problem when trying to install clean windows 10 from USB boot or upgrade win 10 to 1809 from 1803. Both have same issues cant boot to windows and my laptop freezes at the loading spinning dots screen. and the update process was not...
  10. Freeze at spinning dots (loading)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freeze at spinning dots (loading): Hi, first of all, sorry for my bad English. My issue is pretty straight forward: last night I left my computer powered on, and when I woke up, I had a Windows update screen stuck at 100%. The mouse didn't work, everything was frozen. I restarted my PC and it froze at...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 clean install hangs spinning dots