Windows 10: Clean Install Issue: Windows could not complete the installation...

Discus and support Clean Install Issue: Windows could not complete the installation... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently completed a number of steps to do a clean install on my computer from bootable media (a USB drive) I have overcome many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jamie_Scott987, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Clean Install Issue: Windows could not complete the installation...

Hello,

I have recently completed a number of steps to do a clean install on my computer from bootable media (a USB drive)

I have overcome many problems so far, and this problem ''Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation" i have not been able to overcome.

So..

when i start up my PC, the Windows logo appears, with the spinning circle, fades, another windows logo appears, with a spinning circle. From this, it goes to a Blue Screen, which says ''Just A Moment'', the circle on the Just A Moment screen cycles a couple of times before the screen turns black and goes to the error

''Windows could not complete the installation. To install windows on this computer, restart the installation"

I'm not sure how to fix this problem, and have tried multiple things to try and fix it like... the oobe method in the cmd. This just takes the screen back to the blue "Just a Moment" Screen where it just stays in that cycle for a long. long. time. I sat there for half an hour watching it go around in circles. Is it supposed to take this long? Or longer?

:)

Jamie_Scott987, Mar 15, 2019

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Mar 15, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Wile E Win User

Clean Install Issue: Windows could not complete the installation...

Windows Vista Clean Installation

To do a clean install on a fresh hard drive with Vista on an upgrade disc, you have to follow certain steps. Buying a full install CD would've been easier, but using the upgrade disc only adds more time, so it's not that big of a deal.

Follow the instructions here to do a clean install with an upgrade disc: http://www.vistarewired.com/2007/02/28/perform-a-clean-install-with-a-vista-upgrade-disc

Wile E, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Clean Install Issue: Windows could not complete the installation...

1. Clean Install Issue: Windows could not complete the installation... - Similar Threads - Clean Install Issue

2. Clean Install Windows 10 partition issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install Windows 10 partition issue: Hey, here's what went down w/ my laptop: It's a Windows 10 ASUS X540UA-DS51 laptop. The hard drive got corrupted, to the point where it cannot even recognize that there's a C: drive, only the emergency X: drive (I know it's part of the C: drive). And no, I did not back up...
  3. Continued issues after clean installing Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continued issues after clean installing Windows: I've had issue with my computer completely freezing after an update 4-6 weeks ago. I can work on it fine for a while then it will randomly freeze or just completely turn off. Sometimes when I plug in a USB device it will freeze as well, but mostly it is very random. I bought...
  4. Issue with Clean Install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with Clean Install: Today i upgraded my mother board, cpu and ram to an asrock z170 K6, an i7 6700k, and 2x8n ddr4 ram and i am trying to do a clean install from a usb created with the media creation tool. I have made 3 usb's and have gotten multiple BSOD's and now i am at the point where the...
  5. Clean install - now network issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clean install - now network issue: my sons PC has been getting very slow .... Dell E521 but no errors and no network issues. Decided to do a clean install of all. So used the Dell OS re-install to put in a clean install of XP-Professional Obviously first thing to do is to get network connectivity all OK...
  6. Windows could not complete the installation

Windows could not complete the installation: I am reformatting a Acer One 10 2-in-1 laptop with Windows 10 Home 32-bit, and after the first reboot (after copying files and such) Windows fails to continue the installation with this error Windows could not complete the installation. To install windows on this computer...
  7. Clean win10 install with completely formatted SSD

Clean win10 install with completely formatted SSD: Hi to all I have my Acer laptop around 2 months , and now i want to fresh install win 10 What I've done ,I created USB image via Rufus with Win10 home (which I had on my new laptop preinstalled) I writed down my licence key. Ive booted and cleaned SSD completely with new...
  8. "Windows could not complete the installation" Error on clean install

"Windows could not complete the installation" Error on clean install: I have a problem installing Windows 10 on my tablet. When try to install, at the time to restart, shows the error message "Windows could not complete the installation. To install windows on this computer restart windows" My computer is a 2 in 1, the Acer Switch One 10, with...
  9. Clean install - could not reinitialise the deployment engine

Clean install - could not reinitialise the deployment engine: Background: I recently had to restore my PC to a Windows 7 System Image from 2012. That worked OK, but Windows Update kept failing to install the hundreds of updates needed to bring it up to date. So I upgraded to Windows 10 instead. That worked fine and is what I am...
  10. Could not complete Win10 installation from USB

Could not complete Win10 installation from USB: I just bought and built a new computer, and a friend gave me a SSD to put the OS on. I got a free product key for Windows 10 Educational from my college, and I ran the 'MediaCreationToolRetail.exe', which the college had me download, on my laptop. Upon running it, I was able...