Windows 10: Clean install latest windows 10, on boot this message appeared for a few file types. Can't...

Discus and support Clean install latest windows 10, on boot this message appeared for a few file types. Can't... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bobbytrashlord [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bobbytrashlord, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Clean install latest windows 10, on boot this message appeared for a few file types. Can't...

/u/bobbytrashlord, Apr 15, 2021

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Apr 15, 2021
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

Clean install latest windows 10, on boot this message appeared for a few file types. Can't...

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Thema:

Clean install latest windows 10, on boot this message appeared for a few file types. Can't...

1. Clean install latest windows 10, on boot this message appeared for a few file types. Can't... - Similar Threads - Clean install latest

2. Dual Boot System / Windows Clean Install / Boot File Contradiction?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Boot System / Windows Clean Install / Boot File Contradiction?: This past week I finally decided to upgrade my PC. In coalition with a few other components, I bought a Samsung 980 1TB M.2 SSD as a replacement boot drive, planning to keep my 1TB Seagate HDD as extra storage.After installing and initializing the SSD, I shut down my computer...
  3. Dual Boot System / Windows Clean Install / Boot File Contradiction?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Boot System / Windows Clean Install / Boot File Contradiction?: This past week I finally decided to upgrade my PC. In coalition with a few other components, I bought a Samsung 980 1TB M.2 SSD as a replacement boot drive, planning to keep my 1TB Seagate HDD as extra storage.After installing and initializing the SSD, I shut down my computer...
  4. Windows 10 clean install boot loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 clean install boot loop: I was recently gifted a friend's old gaming pc about 2 years old and was asked to do a clean install of windows to remove their information, so I bought a windows 10 home USB from best buy what the geeks said I needed. While doing the install it failed at about 25%.Now when I...
  5. Windows 10 clean install error message

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 clean install error message: Your device does not meet the requirments for standard hardware security. HP Pavillion laptop. Complete clean reinstall, had same before with no issues....
  6. Booting clean installation of windows 10

Booting clean installation of windows 10: Hi, I am Rishad. So,basically I was trying to reinstall windows after the C: drive was showing error. I tried to boot it up from a bootable usb and I have succeded but my C: drive was showing error again and wanted repair after I checked it.So,I tried to install ubuntu...
  7. Can't boot or install clean version of Windows 10. Please help!!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot or install clean version of Windows 10. Please help!!!!: I was trying to install a clean version of Windows 10 earlier and I deleted all the previous partitions . When I clicked on "new" and set the volume , it was taking too long so I turned off my laptop with the power button. Now everything is super slow. It's slow to get to...
  8. A few clean install questions

A few clean install questions: After having way too many problems with upgrading from 1803 to 1903 and trying a reset as well *Banghead I've decided to do a clean install of W10. I have a Macrium Reflect backup if this to proves to be a problem and all my other back ups just in case. I'm all set to go...
  9. Can't install windows 10 latest

Can't install windows 10 latest: I updated windows 10, version 1803, but can't install latest version and fail to install. And lost my update..then it is updating again. How could it be possible to install successfully after I update to Windows 10, version 1803. Please help me out. Thanks...
  10. Clean Windows 10 install due to corrupt file system/no boot

Clean Windows 10 install due to corrupt file system/no boot: Grettings All, I'm currently working on a laptop for a friend that has Windows 10 and is in a non bootable state with missing files, directories, reset options and is stuck in the "Unable to Fix" state. I'm pretty sure the issue is related to BCD and boot options but all...