Windows 10: Clean Install, no option to create Local Account

Discus and support Clean Install, no option to create Local Account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I worked around this, but was wondering if any one else saw this before. I have a USB Flash drive which I created from Windows 10 64 bit ISO 1903 from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by spunk, Oct 13, 2019.

1. spunk Win User

Clean Install, no option to create Local Account

I worked around this, but was wondering if any one else saw this before.
    I have a USB Flash drive which I created from Windows 10 64 bit ISO 1903 from Microsoft burned using Rufus as a GPT/UEFI Bios boot device. I have installed Windows 10 on other computers with this drive with no problems.
    Someone gave me a Dell Inspiron 7131R to fix. I put the Flash drive in and pressed f12 and under UEFI boot options, I chose the USB Flash drive. It started to boot to the installer. The Bios held the Windows 10 Home Product key, so the installer started to install Windows 10 Home, if there were no product key, it would have installed Pro. I have installed Pro many times with this installer and was always able to create a Local Account.
    Once it got to the Account part, the only choice was to type in a Microsoft Account, or Create a New Microsoft Account. There was no link in the lower left corner for Offline or Local Account. I tried restarting and kept going back, but the only option was Microsoft Account. I tried new account, but it was for a Microsoft Account.
    I then booted into Setup (Bios) and under Boot menu UEFI, I chose to Delete all UEFI keys. I Saved and Exited. Again, the installer chose Windows 10 Home, so the Bios still had the product key. I did not try to install using Legacy. At the same spot, it only shows Microsoft Account, no Offline or Local account. Is this something that is hardwired into Home version?
    Anyways, even though this laptop is not for me, I typed in my Microsoft User Name Email and Password. After loading to the desktop, I created a Local User with Admin rights then logged out. I logged in as the Local then I delete my Microsoft Profile from the computer.
    A long way around, I am wondering if there was another way to do it, or if this is the way it is in UEFI and Windows 10 Home?

:)

spunk, Oct 13, 2019

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Oct 13, 2019
  3. ikifar Win User
    How to create a local account instead of using a Microsoft account windows 10

Is this on a clean install or an existing install

I cannot remember the steps to create a local account on a clean install but I should give you an option to Use a local account instead of a Microsoft account during the install process

to convert a Microsoft account to a local account on an existing install go to settings > Accounts> Your Info> and click Sign in with a local account instead

ikifar, Oct 13, 2019
  4. Clean Install, no option to create Local Account

Local vs Network user accounts

I just did a VM install, just to verify that I don't speak total crap.

Steps I took:

1. Installed Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 15063.0
    2. Entered the License Key
    3. Created a local account
    4. Went to accounts and added my Microsoft account
    5. Let Windows use this account for all apps
    6. Checked status on Microsoft account web page.
    7. Verified that the VM shows up there
    8. deleted my VM locally
    9. created a new VM installation without entering the License Key (on same VM but totally new Virtual disk)
    10. re-did steps 3-7
    11. verified that my VM is activated.

And indeed it is activated and I login to my VM using local account which is linked to my MS account. Clean Install, no option to create Local Account :)

Should I create a Video of this or do you trust my word on it? Or better yet test it yourself if you have a valid license key you can waste on a VM.

slicendice, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

Clean Install, no option to create Local Account

1. Clean Install, no option to create Local Account - Similar Threads - Clean Install option

2. Disable creating local accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable creating local accounts: I am the only user of my PC Win 11, and I have multiple content blockers in the form of DNS filter, applications, extensions. However by creating a local account I am able to bypass some of these. I am looking for a way to disable creating any other kind of account on my PC....
  3. Disable creating local accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable creating local accounts: I am the only user of my PC Win 11, and I have multiple content blockers in the form of DNS filter, applications, extensions. However by creating a local account I am able to bypass some of these. I am looking for a way to disable creating any other kind of account on my PC....
  4. Creating a duplicate local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a duplicate local account: I am wanting to create a duplicate local user account in Windows 11 so that settings such as how the taskbar and start menu are set up, notifications settings, etc. move over. How can I do this?...
  5. Creating a duplicate local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a duplicate local account: I am wanting to create a duplicate local user account in Windows 11 so that settings such as how the taskbar and start menu are set up, notifications settings, etc. move over. How can I do this?...
  6. Problems creating local account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems creating local account: Hi everyone My Colleague has a new Dell laptop and it windows 10 professional but his unable to create a local account Creates the account either through add new user or manage adding username password etc but when he logs out and back in he cannot see the new user when...
  7. LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT CREATED

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT CREATED: Hello, There is a third account Which I can assure you i never made named "Administrator" and it is the local admin, so it has full control over my computer, not me. There are many things that do not work because of this. This "new" administrator has also changed the...
  8. Clean install options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install options: Hi, first post here, seems like an amiable and knowledgeable bunch. Hi to all! On an ASUS 64-bit desktop, I'm running 8.1 (build 9600) 32-bit and want to move to W10 in 64-bit, because so many things now just don't work with 32-bit systems. I know an upgrade is not possible...
  9. reinstall Windows (no option to create local user account?)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reinstall Windows (no option to create local user account?): hi there: I had an issue with my device where I had to reinstall Windows last week. When it got to the point about creating an account, there is no option where I can choose user account. The only option I got was to use my Microsoft account. Did Microsoft take out that...
  10. How to create a local account in Windows 10 1909 if the option is not available

in Windows 10 News
    How to create a local account in Windows 10 1909 if the option is not available: Options to create an offline account or a Microsoft account are presented to administrators and users who set up a Windows 10 PC. Microsoft prioritizes the Microsoft account option heavily during first run; it is the default option that is put into the focus. The option to...