Windows 10: Clean install not working properly

Discus and support Clean install not working properly in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I swapped out the original hard for a "normal" SSD (SATA) and have finally got it to be activated. But however I set up the start menu it always comes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ICIT2LOL, Nov 8, 2018.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Clean install not working properly

I swapped out the original hard for a "normal" SSD (SATA) and have finally got it to be activated.

But however I set up the start menu it always comes back with the tiles even though I might have unpinned them from the session before any ideas on how to stop this happening before I swap back in the original drive and put up with HP bloatware. .

:)

ICIT2LOL, Nov 8, 2018
  2. Jimmy 2004 Win User

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Nov 8, 2018
  3. AmericanPharaoh Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 8, 2018
  4. MomentoMoir Win User

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Clean install not working properly - Similar Threads - Clean install working

2. Installed 1803 update; trackpad not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installed 1803 update; trackpad not working properly: Have an 2018 Dell xps 15 9575; trackpad does not work properly. Had fresh install of Windows 10 version 1803 and the problem still persists. Any suggestions?...
  3. WINDOWS INSTALLER NOT WORKING PROPERLY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WINDOWS INSTALLER NOT WORKING PROPERLY: Hello Friends, I have tried everything i had read here and there. The new windows installer is not working properly anymore. Are Microsoft working on in a pacht? It happen to fail with the new Windows updates. Thank You Antonio...
  4. Hotkeys not working properly.

Hotkeys not working properly.: Asus r542uq windows 10 pro build 17763.107 My laptop has hotkeys on the f1-f12 keys and on the arrow keys. I have ATK package installed which manages the hotkeys. Now after startup, all the hotkeys on f1-f12 work properly, although the ones on the arrow keys (music...
  5. Audio Not Working Properly

Audio Not Working Properly: Hello :) For some weeks now, following a windows update, the Audio Driver on my computer doesn't seem to be working. The only way I can play sound is through the HDMI cable connected to my monitor. None of the audio jacks are working. Realtek audio manager doesnt appear...
  6. Internet not working properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet not working properly: I transferred files from my android phone to my desktop pc with windows 10.after partial completion i canceled the transfer as it was taking to long and needed to do other things. During the transfer my internet started lagging really bad, and now games will not load up and i...
  7. Bitlocker Not Work Properly

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Not Work Properly: Hi.I have 2TB Transcend external hard disk.I put bitlocker to unlock it. It work properly with bitlocker. two days ago i removed bitlocker password in my device. But i not sure it removed success. All those process doing in my laptop.After removing password my friends use...
  8. Clean install of windows not booting properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install of windows not booting properly: I recently got a new SSD (Kingston 120GB) and attempted to do a clean install of windows 10 via a USB drive. The process of installing onto the SSD itself worked fine, but when I restart the computer "insert proper boot device and press any key" error appears. The most...
  9. Touchpad not working properly

Touchpad not working properly: OK so now if my touchpad is switched on the mouse cursor sometimes makes continuous erratic movements around the screen. Turning it off solves this problem. Is this a sign it's wearing out, or is there something I can do to stop this? 42868
  10. Clean Install on a Working SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install on a Working SSD?: My current installation has been upgraded several times from Windows 8 to Windows 10. What do I need to do to wipe the current installation on the SSD and do a new clean install? 62779