Windows 10: Clean install of 9841 problems

Discus and support Clean install of 9841 problems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was forced to do a clean install of 9841 this morning. Computer started acting crazy using 9879. Actually I think I messed around with it too much.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by d2thaho, Nov 14, 2014.

1. d2thaho Win User

Clean install of 9841 problems

I was forced to do a clean install of 9841 this morning. Computer started acting crazy using 9879. Actually I think I messed around with it too much. *Smile Anyhow... Reformatted my hard drive, clean install from USB. Now when I try and install the next preview build I get Failed to check for new preview build please try again later 0x80240438

Anyone else had this issue? Help?

:)

d2thaho, Nov 14, 2014
  2. Irfan P Win User

How to: 10 Tips before installing the latest Windows 10

I am able to install Build 10041. But once installed, it is restoring to Build 9841 by itself immediately before the desktop shows up. How should I go about it? Any idea? Please help me. And the Build 9841 is already expired.

Irfan P, Nov 14, 2014
  3. Irfan P Win User
    How to: 10 Tips before installing the latest Windows 10

I have booted through USB. I got same experience while installing Build 9961. Its automatically going back to 9841.

Irfan P, Nov 14, 2014
  4. Charlie Win User

d2
    I am getting the same thing and I am running 9879. I was going to suggest turning on fast check but that's not the problem. Server problem at MS maybe?

Clean install of 9841 problems [​IMG]

Charlie, Nov 14, 2014
  5. d2thaho Win User
    I was on 9879, but it started getting buggy. I just realized the app store isn't working either. I get a similar error code. Did you just upgrade to that preview build or have been running it a while?

d2thaho, Nov 14, 2014
  6. Charlie Win User
    I have been running it since it rolled out on Wednesday. Googled the error and it says something about store being down also.

Charlie, Nov 14, 2014
  7. d2thaho Win User
    Thanks man! I guess I will just wait it out and see. What a PIA. Not sure if I even want to go back to 9879, but the idea that it won't let me is driving me nuts. lol!!

d2thaho, Nov 14, 2014
  8. Kari Win User

I'm suspecting there might be a server issue by Microsoft at the moment, only based on that I have this same issue suddenly now with two computers using different routers and broadband ISP, and that a mate from my native Finland contacted me in Skype 15 minutes ago asking what to do as he has the same issue trying to upgrade build 9860.

9. Ztruker Win User
    I get a similar failure, but different error code:

Clean install of 9841 problems [​IMG]

Ztruker, Nov 15, 2014
  10. Kari Win User
    This was quite clearly a Microsoft server / Store issue, on Microsoft systems. At the same time this started to happen to us, at our sister site the Eight Forums I saw one thread where uses was reporting issues with failing app installations from store, I believe these were linked, the same issue.

Seems to be fixed now, at least I am able to download and install upgrade builds and install from Store.

Thema:

1. Clean install of 9841 problems - Similar Threads - Clean install 9841

2. Problems with a clean Windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with a clean Windows installation: I have a few problems with reseting my pc.Windows setting:When i try to reset my pc in the settings of Windows it gives me the error message: no recovery partition found. I tried fixing it but nothing seems to work. in videos they say i need to enable reagentc. The problem is...
  3. Problems with a clean Windows installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with a clean Windows installation: I have a few problems with reseting my pc.Windows setting:When i try to reset my pc in the settings of Windows it gives me the error message: no recovery partition found. I tried fixing it but nothing seems to work. in videos they say i need to enable reagentc. The problem is...
  4. Windows Clean Installation Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Clean Installation Problems: Ok... I have an old Asus T100taf and i just did a clean install of windows 10 x32 from usb, and apparently some things are not working. For one, there is no sound, and the troubleshooter does not help. Second, the battery logo on the bottom is nowhere to be found, and if I go...
  5. Windows Clean Installation Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Clean Installation Problems: Ok... I have an old Asus T100taf and i just did a clean install of windows 10 x32 from usb, and apparently some things are not working. For one, there is no sound, and the troubleshooter does not help. Second, the battery logo on the bottom is nowhere to be found, and if I go...
  6. Virtual Box Installation ON Build 9841

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual Box Installation ON Build 9841: Hey all, so I'm trying to get virtual box to run ON this build 9841. The application seems to install fine, but when I got to start a VM I get an error "Make sure the kernel module has been loaded successfully". My vbox version is 4.3.16. I'm thinking it's not going to be...
  7. Clean installation problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean installation problems: I'm trying to do a fresh install of windows 10 onto my SSD. When I boot my ISO off the flash drive I get to where I have to select to storage device and sometimes it says the compatibility is wrong and sometimes it's fine I've tried swapping them between GPT and MBR as well...
  8. clean install problems

clean install problems: Can't get serial number to take, windows7 is activated. When I try windows 10 it says serial number wrong?, product id is bottom of labtop. If I use a serial number program it comes up with different serial?. This is a legal copy of windows 7 home,did I download wrong...
  9. Stuck on build 9841

Stuck on build 9841: Just installed last night, and seem to be stuck on the old build. Anyone have any ideas? No windows updates available either. [img] I'm wondering if this is related. I saw several places mentioning fbl_release, but that fbl_awesome would have all the future updates....
  10. Clean Install - Nothing but problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean Install - Nothing but problems: Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and decided to do a clean install afterwards. The install took three days of messing about, trying discs and USB stick method etc. but finally worked only after I disabled the network card in BIOS. Since the install worked I've been...