Windows 10: Clean install of Fall Creators Update and State Repository Service

Discus and support Clean install of Fall Creators Update and State Repository Service in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I did a clean install of Fall Creator's Update using bootable media and when I finished the clean install and went through OOBE while online and edge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Keith Weisshar, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Clean install of Fall Creators Update and State Repository Service

I did a clean install of Fall Creator's Update using bootable media and when I finished the clean install and went through OOBE while online and edge opened automatically. As soon as I clicked on the hyperlinks in Edge the app freezes and then the CPU reaches almost 100% on State Repository Service and it freezes for up to a minute. This happens only on clean installs of the Fall Creators Update and not any other versions. The problem started on clean installs of 1709. This issue did not exist on 1703 but I have overwritten the installation media on the same USB with 1709 using a new version of MCT. I can't recreate the 1703 USB with the old version of MCT because it detects that I need a new version of MCT.

:)

Keith Weisshar, Oct 19, 2017
  2. fubear Win User

Explorer and "StateRepository State Repository Service" causing extreme loading times on folders with Images.

I tried reinstalling the previous build of Windows 10 , and back to the Fall Creators Update as a complete reinstall ( not an upgrade ) . The previous version installs cleanly , no issue with State Repository Service . If I do a clean install of the Fall
    Creators Update , upon the very first boot , this issue with the State Repository Service begins .

Once again , I have NOT installed anything else at this point , no drivers , no other updates , no antivirus , just a pristine Windows install . As soon as I open Explorer to look at anything , the issue begins . With Task Manager open , I'll see State
    Repository Service using up to 90% CPU.

However , I followed the direction at the following link

State Repository Service - Windows 10 Service - batcmd.com

and it seems to have cleared up the issue for me . I tried it on 3 iterations ( wipe , reinstall , apply the .bat ) , and it worked for all 3 .

I'm have been running the 5th iteration now long enough to have reinstalled all of my software , all drivers , etc. , and I have had no conflicts or other issues with the State Repository Service since .

fubear, Oct 19, 2017
  3. ParkerGorecki, Oct 19, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Clean install of Fall Creators Update and State Repository Service

dalchina, Oct 19, 2017
  5. Does anyone else have the same issue with clean install of 1709? Can you try to reproduce it.

6. Bree New Member
    That is really annoying! I have kept all the MCTs since the original 10240 for just that purpose. On testing them, it appear that only the one for 1703 shows this behaviour. The earlier ones all still work.

7. Another workaround is to disable open site in apps in Microsoft Edge. I also have the same issue when opening the Settings app. The problem is only in the 1709 build that was clean installed from ISO media with format.

8. vgchat Win User

If you have to, keep a spare SD or MicroSD card handy & copy programs to it that you plan to install after a fresh installation. Could be stuff like...

Video Card Drivers
    Browsers you wish to install
    Text editors
    AV Program

vgchat, Oct 19, 2017
  9. Another option that works is to disconnect from the internet by unplugging Ethernet cable during clean install and then wait until OOBE asks for region before reconnecting.

10. The problem occurs if I leave the Ethernet cable connected during installation and the first just a moment phase of the OOBE setup. I need to physically unplug the Ethernet cable during installation and wait until it completes the first just a moment phase and then it asks for the region before reconnecting. The problem only occurs on clean installs of 1709, not 1703.

Keith Weisshar, Oct 20, 2017
  11. DEVOPS Win User
    Hi Keith, I can confirm. I did a fresh install of 1709 last night. I usually disconnect the Ethernet cable before doing fresh installs, but forgot this time and only remembered to unplug it sometime after the installer did its first reboot (not sure if this makes a difference).

Now whenever I right-click on any browser shortcut, State Repository Service suddenly fires up and consumes a large % of CPU resources. This also occurs whenever I sign into my Outlook.com account using Edge then click on the web page's One Drive icon. The web page freezes and State Repository Service goes nuts in the Task Manager.

This is my first clean install of 1709. The computers I upgraded to 1709 do not exhibit this behavior.

DEVOPS, Oct 20, 2017
  12. Please tell Microsoft about this issue and even contact Answer Desk if necessary.

Keith Weisshar, Oct 20, 2017
  13. DEVOPS Win User

Just finished another clean install of 1709 on the same machine, this time leaving the Ethernet cable unplugged from start to finish. The problematic behavior is gone.

DEVOPS, Oct 20, 2017
  14. amiracle2 Win User
    I have the same issue like OP. MS Edge is unusable now as it freezes everytime I click on a link. I did a clean install with an ethernet cable plugged in.
    State Repository Service always makes cpu 100% and I have to restart pc in order to get rid of it. I think State Repository Service is related to MS store.
    I am not gonna do a clearn install now because it took me 8 hours to get all my software installed.

amiracle2, Oct 21, 2017
  15. What changes are made to the StateRepository-Machine.srd file if the Ethernet cable is left plugged in during clean install that causes the cpu to max at 100%?

Keith Weisshar, Oct 21, 2017
Thema:

1. Clean install of Fall Creators Update and State Repository Service - Similar Threads - Clean install Fall

2. I disabled state repository service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I disabled state repository service: How can i get back to enable state repository service ? What am i doing Whatever I do, the black screen comes up, how can I change it? Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-disabled-state-repository-service/a9a7beee-e298-40d9-a400-768ef8d82d4b
  3. I disabled state repository service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I disabled state repository service: How can i get back to enable state repository service ? What am i doing Whatever I do, the black screen comes up, how can I change it? Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-disabled-state-repository-service/a9a7beee-e298-40d9-a400-768ef8d82d4b
  4. State repository service and startup type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    State repository service and startup type: Hi, I can't disable the state repository service, and when I can, it starts again, and I think it's because of the startup type, which is on automatic mode, but I don't know why it's locked and it's not possible to change it to other options, please help me....
  5. State repository service and startup type

State repository service and startup type: Hi, I can't disable the state repository service, and when I can, it starts again, and I think it's because of the startup type, which is on automatic mode, but I don't know why it's locked and it's not possible to change it to other options, please help me....
  6. Upgrade or Clean Install Windows 10 Fall creators update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade or Clean Install Windows 10 Fall creators update: Hallo, my name is mochaffff. I want to ask about upgrading from windows 10 home to windows fall creators update, so my laptop acer swift 3 i7 is preloaded with w10 home, and i want to upgrade it to w10 fall creators update, but im confused how do upgrade it bcs i dont want...
  7. Fall Creator's Update refuses to install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fall Creator's Update refuses to install: Hi, all. I've had no problems with updates on my Toshiba L50-C laptop until trying to install version 1709. The update wouldn't download last night, so I shut down and ran the WU troubleshooter this morning. Then it downloaded, but got stuck 'preparing to install' at...
  8. State of 3D builder with Fall Creators update

State of 3D builder with Fall Creators update: I read an article that says Microsoft will be removing 3D builder in the Windows 10 Fall creators update. I sure hope that is not true or that they still make it available via the app store. I use the program daily and the new Paint 3D doe snot have the capabilities of the 3D...
  9. fall creator update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    fall creator update: Is there a general chart which might give info on when i would get fcu. I went from 7 to 10 just a couple weeks before free 10 stopped. 97324
  10. Fall Creators Update fails to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall Creators Update fails to install: Attempted from 16299.15 ISO. Suspect something to do with AMD 17.7.2 driver (latest for this system) since it aborts at 33%. [img] Edit: Today I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 16299.15 on a unused partition. It installed with any issues and Windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. StateRepository State Repository Service

2. StateRepository State Repository Service full fix bat