Windows 10: Clean Install of New Dell Inspiron 2 in in

Discus and support Clean Install of New Dell Inspiron 2 in in in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was ready to do a clean install so I didn't have the bloatware that normally comes with a new computer, but have run into a couple of snags. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rosawoodsii, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Clean Install of New Dell Inspiron 2 in in

I was ready to do a clean install so I didn't have the bloatware that normally comes with a new computer, but have run into a couple of snags. When I booted from the USB drive and tried to install windows, it couldn't find a partition. Well, obviously there's a partition--two actually, since one is Dell's recovery parition (hidden--had to find it via Disk Management). Dell really doesn't want people doing clean installs.

So, I have two choices. I can either just remove the unwanted programs or I can find out how to do a clean install. I've already downloaded the drivers onto a separate flash drive, but I'm wondering whether it's even worth the effort. There doesn't seem to be a lot in the way of unwanted programs. I've already removed McAfee and a couple other minor programs and the only things that seem to be left are Dell's programs. Can anyone tell me which, if any, I should leave?

Most of the crapware is actually from Microsoft.

I'm also wondering if it would be worth it to optimize the disk when I'm done.

Windows Version 2004

:)

rosawoodsii, Dec 30, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Dec 30, 2020
  3. Clean install of XP on Dell laptop?

My friend has an inspiron laptop from dell. He got it with Vista preinstalled on it, but wants to switch back to XP. He got an XP Pro CD, but when he inserted it, the "Install XP Now" option was greyed out. I thought it might be dell trying to make life difficult when reinstalling windows. *Confused Clean Install of New Dell Inspiron 2 in in :confused: Any advice??

If I formatted the hard drive for him, NTFS, would I be able to clean install XP or would the prob still be there?

Thanks in advance

Peteballaghaderreen, Dec 30, 2020
  4. Clean Install of New Dell Inspiron 2 in in

Windows 10 Home on Dell Inspiron 3847 will not update to 1709

I have two identical boxes with same issue- Windows 10 Home will not update to 1709. Here are the hardware specs & steps taken to fix the problem:

Dell Inspiron 3847
    Windows 10 Home ver 1607 OS Build 14393.1944
    Intel Core i5-4460 3.2G
    12GB RAM
    Integrated Intel HD Graphics 4600
    1TB SATA HDD

It downloads and attempts to install the latest updates then several hours later reverts back to where it was.
    So far:
    - installed & ran Windows Update Troubleshooter & taken the steps that it suggests
    - renamed Windows 10 upgrade folder and downloaded the latest updates
    - deleted the software distribution folder & downloaded/installed again
    - ran windows cleanup and deleted all those files
    - tried stopping & disabling the windows update service to prevent it from continuing
    There is licensed software so a clean install is out of the question.

These PC's are installed in a restaurant and when this happens the whole place shuts down during lunch & dinner. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

pointofsaleexp, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

Clean Install of New Dell Inspiron 2 in in

1. Clean Install of New Dell Inspiron 2 in in - Similar Threads - Clean Install Dell

2. Installing programs on new Dell Inspiron 3511

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing programs on new Dell Inspiron 3511: I just bought a Dell Inspiron 3511 Windows 11. I was able to install Adobe CC without any problem but I can't install the Spyder 3 utility. I am attaching the dialog box. It says "the administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information contact the...
  3. Installing programs on new Dell Inspiron 3511

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing programs on new Dell Inspiron 3511: I just bought a Dell Inspiron 3511 Windows 11. I was able to install Adobe CC without any problem but I can't install the Spyder 3 utility. I am attaching the dialog box. It says "the administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information contact the...
  4. Dell Inspiron not updating drivers after clean install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Inspiron not updating drivers after clean install: I have a Dell inspiron 15 and just installed a SSD in it and done a clean install yet windows updates are not installing all the drivers. Currently I'm missing drivers for Pci data acquisition and signal processing controller Pci encryption/decryption controller Sm bus...
  5. Dell Inspiron not updating drivers after clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell Inspiron not updating drivers after clean install: I have a Dell inspiron 15 and just installed a SSD in it and done a clean install yet windows updates are not installing all the drivers. Currently I'm missing drivers for Pci data acquisition and signal processing controller Pci encryption/decryption controller Sm bus...
  6. Help installing windows on Dell Inspiron 3847 with new HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help installing windows on Dell Inspiron 3847 with new HDD: I've had a Dell Inspiron pretty much as long as it's been out and I started using for the first time in a while and noticed it was slow and got a 4TB Western Digital HDD to fix it. Because the HDDs were different I couldn't just copy the OS, and had to install windows 8.1 on...
  7. Windows 10 Clean Install - Dell Inspiron BIOS - Legacy Option

Windows 10 Clean Install - Dell Inspiron BIOS - Legacy Option: Hi, A few days ago I replaced my hard drive with a solid state drive and did a Media Creation Tool clean install to a Dell Inspiron. I changed the BIOS Boot Menu options to Legacy, Secure Boot disabled, Legacy Option for USB boot to use the Tool. Since then, after doing...
  8. Dell Inspiron

Dell Inspiron: I have a 6 yr old Dell Inspiron 15 laptop running Windows 10. I had external speakers (Logitech) working fine for years, playing my ITunes music. I decided to improve my sound further by connecting to my new Polk speakers via my Yamaha AVR. No sound. Internal speakers work,...
  9. connecting 2 monitors to a Dell Inspiron laptop

connecting 2 monitors to a Dell Inspiron laptop: how do I connect 2 monitors to a laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-2-monitors-to-a-dell-inspiron-laptop/3cb093f2-cf9d-40c8-9b38-b6b9825ccaaf
  10. Clean install on Inspiron 15

Clean install on Inspiron 15: I bought my Dell Inspiron15 some 2 months ago. As one can see from the screen shots it has a whopping more than 8 GBs wasted as recovery partition. At the time of purchase it had windows 8.1 pre-installed. I opted for free upgrade and now I have Windows 10 Home single...