Windows 10: Clean install of preinstalled Windows 10 Home after replacing motherboard in my laptop?

Discus and support Clean install of preinstalled Windows 10 Home after replacing motherboard in my laptop? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop was having some issues a while back so I took it to a repair shop to get diagnosed. When I got it back, I noticed I had windows 10 pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/leroyjenkinsdayz, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Clean install of preinstalled Windows 10 Home after replacing motherboard in my laptop?

My laptop was having some issues a while back so I took it to a repair shop to get diagnosed. When I got it back, I noticed I had windows 10 pro installed but not activated (I’d had Win 10 Home before). I later went on to replace the motherboard and GPU, but never got around to reinstalling windows. To my understanding my original windows product key was linked to the old motherboard, so is there a way to reset my laptop to factory settings and reinstall windows 10 home using my old product key?

submitted by /u/leroyjenkinsdayz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/leroyjenkinsdayz, Jun 6, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Clean install of preinstalled Windows 10 Home after replacing motherboard in my laptop?

Clean install of Windows 10 on laptop with preinstalled Windows.

Hello,

Few months ago I bought new Dell laptop (came with preinstalled Windows 8.1). I upgraded the system to Windows 10, but at some point my configuration was broken and since then it's not working as expected. I did 'factory defaults' and even this left some
    data on the hard drive (for example, I have my wallpapers different than original, I believe that should have been restored to defaults as the option suggests).

Now, I'm a bit tired of looking for a solution to fix one problem after another. I'd like to reinstall Windows 10 (or 8.1 if that makes any difference), but keep the key of preinstalled version (don't want to buy new key, sorry Microsoft). Is there a way
    to do that? Clearly, factory defaults do not restore default configuration, and to be honest, default configuration on this laptop was full of crapware anyway.

That being said, is there a way to make clean install of Windows 8.1/Windows 10, but use preinstalled license key? I read that starting at Windows 8, some kind of BIOS-key authentication is being used? Is that correct? Can I plug pendrive with Windows and
    install it without specifying new key? And where can I download Windows image from (if any)?

Thank you in advance,

Artur

Artur Rychlewicz, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Clean install of preinstalled Windows 10 Home after replacing motherboard in my laptop?

1. Clean install of preinstalled Windows 10 Home after replacing motherboard in my laptop? - Similar Threads - Clean install preinstalled

2. Is it safe to clean install Windows 10 on laptop preinstalled with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to clean install Windows 10 on laptop preinstalled with Windows 11: I brought new Lenovo Slimpad laptop 82KU017KIN with AMD processor and graphics. Want to clean install windows 10 and remove windows 11 preinstalled. I installed windows 10 but observed that windows 10 had less drivers in updates. So I doubt that Lenovo didn't develop drivers...
  3. Is it safe to clean install Windows 10 on laptop preinstalled with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it safe to clean install Windows 10 on laptop preinstalled with Windows 11: I brought new Lenovo Slimpad laptop 82KU017KIN with AMD processor and graphics. Want to clean install windows 10 and remove windows 11 preinstalled. I installed windows 10 but observed that windows 10 had less drivers in updates. So I doubt that Lenovo didn't develop drivers...
  4. Reinstalling Clean install Windows 10 Home that came preinstalled on my Laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalling Clean install Windows 10 Home that came preinstalled on my Laptop: Hi,I recently purchased a Lenovo Ideapad that had Windows 10 Home pre-installed. But along with the Windows, there were also unwanted applications factory installed by Lenovo.So I want to download the Windows ISO image and use the media creation tool on a USB pendrive and...
  5. Windows 10 activation after motherboard replacement.

Windows 10 activation after motherboard replacement.: i recently had a motherboard failure and had to move my hdd to another pc to get back up and running. I am now seeing an error saying to activate my copy of windows. This was a free upgrade from 7 to 10 on the Microsoft website so I don't have an activation code to put in....
  6. Clean install for Windows 10 after HDD replacement

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install for Windows 10 after HDD replacement: I have installed new Seagate HDD same as the old one. I have used the Media Creation Tool to create installation media on a USB drive. I followed the HP instructions for installing the Window 10 software on the new HDD. When the Let's connect you to a network screen...
  7. Can't Activate Windows 10 Home Edition After A Motherboard Replacement

Can't Activate Windows 10 Home Edition After A Motherboard Replacement: I recently built a PC about two weeks ago, bought a digital license in the Windows Store, and then decided to switch to a different motherboard last week. I cannot get Windows 10 to re-activate. I'm signed in with the same Microsoft account I purchased the license with, and I...
  8. Windows 10 not activating after motherboard replacement.

Windows 10 not activating after motherboard replacement.: Hello. My old motherboard failed on me and after replacing it windows 10 will not activate. I have a digital windows 10 license for this machine. Is there anything I can do? Error code 0x803F7001...
  9. Doing a clean install of Windows 10 after motherboard change

Doing a clean install of Windows 10 after motherboard change: Hi, I recently had to change the motherboard on my laptop because of some sound issues. I took my laptop to the Asus Service Center and they messaged me a few days later saying that they had changed my motherboard. After I got it back, I noticed that almost all of my games...
  10. Recovert key after replacing motherboard on laptop

Recovert key after replacing motherboard on laptop: After i got my laptop back after repairs (replacing the motherboard), i am met by a blue screen telling me to enter the recovery key for this drive. It says underneath that i have to go to account.microsoft.com/devices/recovery key to retrieve this key, however i don’t have...