Windows 10: Clean install of win 10 ?

Discus and support Clean install of win 10 ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys;i could never do a Clean a install of win10 preview on my PC's from a DVD ISO, i get stuck here, see pic; although i can upgrade from win 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by silv55, Feb 26, 2015.

1. silv55 Win User

Clean install of win 10 ?

Hi guys;i could never do a Clean a install of win10 preview on my PC's from a DVD ISO, i get stuck here, see pic;

although i can upgrade from win 7 to win 10.

the DVD ISO i made was from MS.

Image codes: DSC02178

:)

silv55, Feb 26, 2015
  2. RickHeath Win User

Clean install of Win 10

I am being told that Google Chrome is not compatible with Windows 10. Why on earth would I want to do a clean install of Windows 10 related to this issue?? It is my ONLY problem. Everything else is perfect.

Does no one at Microsoft have a solution for this incompatibility problem???

RickHeath, Feb 26, 2015
  3. Clean install of Win 10

Hi RickHeath,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

No, it is not all required. When you have many issues with the system, then you can follow the suggestions provided in the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

In future, if you have any issues related to Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 26, 2015
  4. brummyfan Win User

brummyfan, Feb 27, 2015
  5. adamf Win User
    You don't generally have to install drivers. What was on the screen before - like the one below? Could you see any disks at all?

Attachment 13437

It would help if you filled in your system specs also.

adamf, Feb 27, 2015
  6. AddRAM Win User
    AddRAM, Feb 28, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Microsoft recommends using windows own burner, and I have never had a problem with it burning ISOs for Windows or LINUX distros. It can see that the file is an ISO and burns it automatically at the slowest speed, there is no need for 3rd party software.

Cliff S, Feb 28, 2015
  8. silv55 Win User

Thanks addRAM; i made another ISO from the links you provided and got me another DVD,this time i used DVD-R instead of previews DVD-RW and now i can do a clean install.

but before i do it, can you please tell me what do i benefit on doing a clean install over my installation of upgrade from win 7,so far my install is working ok,i don't see anything wrong,since only use it pretty much for browsing the web and streaming videos so don't know better. Any way thanks for helping,i was lucky i found this tenforums.com which is a great forum thanks.

silv55, Mar 1, 2015
  9. ThrashZone, Mar 1, 2015
  10. Hello,
    I did a clean install using the first build back in October. It all went through no problem.
    Now I am trying to install the current build (February 2015) on the same computer but this time with its original Windows 7 drive and I get exactly the same onscreen message as you did, requesting a driver.
    I don't buy the burn error theory - it seems too much of a coincidence that we should both have exactly the same burn error.
    It looks more like some kind of bug or oversight.
    So now I am installing the first build and will then upgrade to the new build.

Salvadorfreeman, Mar 2, 2015
  11. adamf Win User
    Unless you want to test upgrading of course.

adamf, Mar 2, 2015
  12. Cliff S New Member
    Or like me, if you're using a mobile broadband surf stick, and need a certain version of .NET that has to be downloaded but you won't be able to download because .NET is missing. (an oversight*sarc) More to the story

Cliff S, Mar 2, 2015
  13. silv55 Win User

No, i'm not a tester per say, but if i find something that is not working the way it should, i will report to Ms and here.
    Any way i did not upgrade over my original HDD, that came with win7 installed when i bought the Laptop, an HP DV-6 1259 DX, i had a spare HDD where i installed Win7 from an ISO then upgraded to Win 10 TP,and every thing is working so far,special on Browsing and streaming,and these are the Items i'm most interested when using a PC.

Also i want to say that i find intriguing is that i have another Laptop HP DV-5 1254 US that i can swap HDD from DV-6 1259DX with Win 7 and it accept it,and both were upgraded the same way ,running Win 10.

These are the HP laptops i'm talking about and both came with Win Vista from the dealer factory,although the DV-6 1259DX, had Win 7 when i bought it,meant the the previous owner had it upgraded to Win7.

HP DV-6 1259DX;64 Bit Intel Centrino duo core CPU 2.00 GHZ P7350
    6GB Mem,Video Card Intel 4500HD.OPS Win7 Home Premium

HP DV-5 1254US; 64Bit Intel centrino duo CPU 2.00 GHZ P7350,
    Intel Video Card 4500HD,OPS Win 7 Home Premium.

silv55, Mar 2, 2015
  14. It's good you used a different hdd to load 10tp on = wise decision *Thumbs

ThrashZone, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Clean install of win 10 ? - Similar Threads - Clean install

2. Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows: I can't activate Windows 11 Pro with the key that I purchased for it after doing a clean install of Windows. It remains stuck at Windows 11 Home Edition.Can someone assist?...
  3. Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows: I can't activate Windows 11 Pro with the key that I purchased for it after doing a clean install of Windows. It remains stuck at Windows 11 Home Edition.Can someone assist?...
  4. Windows 11 clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 clean install: I am following the windows 11 clean install directions via this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsinsider/cleaninstallI've installed Windows 11 onto the USB drive. When I hold shift when restarting and go into recovery mode, i am stuck on the "choose option" page....
  5. Windows 11 clean install

Windows 11 clean install: I am following the windows 11 clean install directions via this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsinsider/cleaninstallI've installed Windows 11 onto the USB drive. When I hold shift when restarting and go into recovery mode, i am stuck on the "choose option" page....
  6. Windows 11 clean instal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 clean instal: I am following the windows 11 clean install directions via this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsinsider/cleaninstallI've installed Windows 11 onto the USB drive. When I hold shift when restarting and go into recovery mode, i am stuck on the "choose option" page....
  7. Windows 11 clean instal

Windows 11 clean instal: I am following the windows 11 clean install directions via this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsinsider/cleaninstallI've installed Windows 11 onto the USB drive. When I hold shift when restarting and go into recovery mode, i am stuck on the "choose option" page....
  8. Persistent Virus Issue After Multiple Clean Installations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent Virus Issue After Multiple Clean Installations: Hello,I unintentionally downloaded a virus that seems to be associated with XAMPP, causing my computer's applications, including Windows programs, to attempt connections to malicious IPs, which Malwarebytes has been blocking. Despite formatting my C: drive and deleting D:...
  9. Persistent Virus Issue After Multiple Clean Installations

Persistent Virus Issue After Multiple Clean Installations: Hello,I unintentionally downloaded a virus that seems to be associated with XAMPP, causing my computer's applications, including Windows programs, to attempt connections to malicious IPs, which Malwarebytes has been blocking. Despite formatting my C: drive and deleting D:...
  10. pc was BSOD'ing everywhere couldnt reset windows, now i cant clean install

pc was BSOD'ing everywhere couldnt reset windows, now i cant clean install: PC BSOD's while playing a game.PC continues to randomly while playing a game crash for weeks.restarting randomlyThought it might be related to some services, deleted gaming services.Restored all services as this didn't fix the issue.Noticed errors in Event Viewer; couldn't...