Windows 10: Clean Install of Win10 leads to EFI-shell / Boot is impossible

Discus and support Clean Install of Win10 leads to EFI-shell / Boot is impossible in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I've tried to do a clean install of my niece's laptop. The laptop had a plethora of problems and one of those problems was not being able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mag Z, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Mag Z Win User

Clean Install of Win10 leads to EFI-shell / Boot is impossible

Hello, I've tried to do a clean install of my niece's laptop. The laptop had a plethora of problems and one of those problems was not being able to update Windows anymore as there wasn't enough disk space on C: 32gb SSD for a few months now. After successfully installing a new 256gb drive, we attempted a clean install using a bootable USB drive created with the MediaCreationTool. Here's what happened:- We deleted all partitions on the new drive until that drive showed as unallocated space - We ran the installation and everything went fine- After an attempted reboot triggered by the installat

:)

Mag Z, Jun 25, 2022
  2. Riel Alc Win User

EFI shell

Hi,

To resolve your issue with EFI shell, we suggest updating the BIOS of your computer. For better assistance, please contact the manufacturer of your computer.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Riel Alc, Jun 25, 2022
  3. EFI shell

I have create disk partition and clean disk0 and now I am only left with EFI shell

yokeshthapa, Jun 25, 2022
  4. Remon Ont Win User

EFI Shell booting after problem with reset

Thank you for the information.

Here's another
    link
    with some solutions and troubleshooting steps that might help.

Keep us posted.

Remon Ont, Jun 25, 2022
Thema:

1. Clean Install of Win10 leads to EFI-shell / Boot is impossible - Similar Threads - Clean Install Win10

2. Stuck in Efi shell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in Efi shell: Laptop stuck in efi shell.Efi shell version 2.50 5.12. there are no fs direcories only blk0 to blk3.In bios I'm unable to boot using bootfile options. I suspect I need to find the proper directories within the blk. And find startup.nsh from there. Somebody please bless me...
  3. Stuck in Efi shell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in Efi shell: Laptop stuck in efi shell.Efi shell version 2.50 5.12. there are no fs direcories only blk0 to blk3.In bios I'm unable to boot using bootfile options. I suspect I need to find the proper directories within the blk. And find startup.nsh from there. Somebody please bless me...
  4. Clean Install of Win10 leads to EFI-shell / Boot is impossible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean Install of Win10 leads to EFI-shell / Boot is impossible: Hello, I've tried to do a clean install of my niece's laptop. The laptop had a plethora of problems and one of those problems was not being able to update Windows anymore as there wasn't enough disk space on C: 32gb SSD for a few months now. After successfully installing a...
  5. Clean Install of Win10 leads to EFI-shell / Boot is impossible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install of Win10 leads to EFI-shell / Boot is impossible: Hello, I've tried to do a clean install of my niece's laptop. The laptop had a plethora of problems and one of those problems was not being able to update Windows anymore as there wasn't enough disk space on C: 32gb SSD for a few months now. After successfully installing a...
  6. Stuck in EFI Shell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in EFI Shell: I have a smartab STW1050 tablet that is won’t start up. When I turn it on it says:"EFI Shell version 2.40 [5.11]Current running mode 1.1.2Device mapping table fs0... fs1... fs2... blk0... blk1... blk2... blk3... blk4... blk5... blk6...“Press ESC in 1 seconds to skip...
  7. Stuck in EFI Shell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in EFI Shell: I have a smartab STW1050 tablet that is won’t start up. When I turn it on it says:"EFI Shell version 2.40 [5.11]Current running mode 1.1.2Device mapping table fs0... fs1... fs2... blk0... blk1... blk2... blk3... blk4... blk5... blk6...“Press ESC in 1 seconds to skip...
  8. Stuck in EFI Shell

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. EFI Shell Frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    EFI Shell Frozen: Error 0xc0000225 missing file on a tablet, so I made a recovery drive using another laptop. Then, instead of the page where you select a language then repair it was shown on all instructional websites, the same blue screen appeared for a few more startups and wouldn't...
  10. Clean install on EFI computer causing boot problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install on EFI computer causing boot problems: I had made a clean install of Windows 10 on an older computer without any issues. Then I tried to do a clean install on a newer EFI-based computer. I had trouble like many others once I tried to install to a GPT partition having booted from a USB which wasn't in EFI mode....