Windows 10: Clean install of Windows 10 20H2 onto existing Windows 10 19H1 NVMe drive

Discus and support Clean install of Windows 10 20H2 onto existing Windows 10 19H1 NVMe drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear All, I currently have the following setup: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme NVMe slot 1 - Sabrent Rocket 2TB NVME 4.0 boot drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DerekGCWhite, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Clean install of Windows 10 20H2 onto existing Windows 10 19H1 NVMe drive

Dear All,

I currently have the following setup:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme

NVMe slot 1 - Sabrent Rocket 2TB NVME 4.0 boot drive shown in RAIDXpert2 Array 3 System Boot drive

NVMe slots 2 & 3 - addlink 2TB NVMe 3.0 pair in RAID 1

SATA slots 0, 1, 4, 5 - Seagate 4TB x 4 as RAID 10

Disc Manager sees the setup as:

Disc Manager which suggests to me, as it has an EFI partition, this is a GPT configured drive and this is confirmed when I use Paragon Hard Disk Manager 17 Advanced

I am currently running Windows 10 Pro Build 18362.19h1_release.190318-1202

I have been consistently unable to update to either 2004 or now 20H2 and all routes suggest a clean boot of 20H2 from a thumb drive

I have downloaded Windows 10 Pro 20H2 onto a thumb drive that, when inserted into a USB 3.0 slot is accessible and starts the Windows 10 boot process

When I attempt to select the partition that has 1861.93 GB space available the Windows Boot process suggests I cannot boot to the partition as it is not a GPT partition

Any thoughts on where I can go from here or why this might be happening would be gratefully received

:)

DerekGCWhite, Dec 28, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Dec 28, 2020
  3. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Dec 28, 2020
  4. CK011885 Win User

Clean install of Windows 10 20H2 onto existing Windows 10 19H1 NVMe drive

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

Clean install of Windows 10 20H2 onto existing Windows 10 19H1 NVMe drive

1. Clean install of Windows 10 20H2 onto existing Windows 10 19H1 NVMe drive - Similar Threads - Clean install 20H2

2. Clean install of Windows 10 20H2 - Will not install bluetooth driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clean install of Windows 10 20H2 - Will not install bluetooth driver.: Hello,I decided to do a clean re-install of Windows 10 from an image because I was having trouble with the system crashing when it with either going to sleep or shutting down, and I was unable to resolve it.I now have it up and running and so far, so good, no crashing. But...
  3. Troubles installing windows onto ssd nvme

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Troubles installing windows onto ssd nvme: I’m having toruble trying to install windows 10 on my 980 pro nvme. Iv got a b550m mortar motherboard. After installing windows on the 980 only drive in the system, removing the usb, and restarting. It fails to load windows and instead insta boots bios. I believe my problem...
  4. Windows 10 clean install on m.2 nvme

Windows 10 clean install on m.2 nvme: I would like to do a clean reinstall of windows 10. I have two m.2 nvme drives, one is for os and programs, secondary for games. Is it necessary to remove the secondary drive to do a clean install? Hardware related, if it is necessary to remove the secondary drive do I...
  5. Clean install of windows onto a new drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean install of windows onto a new drive: How can I do a clean install of windows but change it to a new drive? submitted by /u/Starzz_1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jbisvz/clean_install_of_windows_onto_a_new_drive/
  6. Tips for installing Windows 10 Pro onto a new NVMe Drive

Tips for installing Windows 10 Pro onto a new NVMe Drive: Hello, I have just acquired a 500GB Western Digital Black SN750 NVMe M.2 2280 SSD. I am wanting to set this up as my boot drive and install Windows 10 x64 Pro. I will do this using the Media Creation Tool, running the Windows setup on a USB. My question: is there anything...
  7. Clean Install Windows 10 on NVMe SSD

Clean Install Windows 10 on NVMe SSD: My system specs are as follows: Microsoft Windows 10 x64 Version 1909 Build 18363.778 I'd like to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 on my laptop, which has an Intel NVMe SSD installed as its only drive. On an HDD, I'd simply use Darik's Boot and Nuke (DBAN) or a similar...
  8. Activating Windows 10 on a clean install with the existing key.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows 10 on a clean install with the existing key.: Hi, I'm planning to upgrade my laptop's hard drive to SSD. My laptop came with a pre-installed version of Windows 10 Home. My doubt is whether I can activate the clean install copy with the existing product key and continue using windows on my PC. Please give me detailed...
  9. Clean install Win-10 Pro on NVMe

Clean install Win-10 Pro on NVMe: Hello, Got a Lenovo Thinkpad P50 with 1TB NVMe and Win-10 Home. Made an image and now would like to clean install my retail Win-10 Pro on it. What should I keep in mind while installing OS on a NVMe drive? Overprovisioning? TRIM? Win-10 Index disable? Win-10 defrag...
  10. AHCI Clean install windows 10 onto new SSD drive

AHCI Clean install windows 10 onto new SSD drive: I seem to remember, when I installed windows 7 Pro 64 bit on a new build, a few years ago, I had to install some specific drivers during the Windows 7 installation to ensure drives used AHCI mode. Do I still need to do anything during windows 10 clean install to new SSD drive...