Windows 10: Clean install of windows 10, bootloops and random restarts.

Discus and support Clean install of windows 10, bootloops and random restarts. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Linux has been my daily driver for quite some time, but I've decided to install windows on one of my extra hard drives just laying around. Some games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DOEsquire, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Clean install of windows 10, bootloops and random restarts.

Linux has been my daily driver for quite some time, but I've decided to install windows on one of my extra hard drives just laying around. Some games just can't run on Linux despite Pronton, Wine, Lutris, or whatever so me not wanting to waste the hundreds of dollars worth of games in my Steam Library prompted this. Anyway, I couldn't even get to the setup menu for over an hour because of a boot loop. Eventually got it working, but then it started restarting randomly. Took me 40 minutes to update my graphics card drivers because Windows just wasn't having it. Got blue screened a few times. Nothing is overheating, my psu is a bit overkill so it's not a power issue, I partitioned the hard drive myself with all of the correct settings (it was a blank hard drive. Windows won't even allow you to install it if they aren't correct anyway), everything is up to date, and Linux runs off of the same hardware with no problem whatsoever.

Anyone have any ideas? I can't figure this one out.

This is the reason I switched from Windows to Linux to begin with... The last straw was when I lost 3tb of data after the OS just noped itself to hell. I just wanna play my games, man. Just wanna quarantine and chill!

submitted by /u/DOEsquire
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DOEsquire, Mar 28, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Clean install of windows 10, bootloops and random restarts.

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Clean install of windows 10, bootloops and random restarts.

1. Clean install of windows 10, bootloops and random restarts. - Similar Threads - Clean install bootloops

2. Windows 10 Clean Install Restart Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Clean Install Restart Loop: I had to do a clean install on my PC after some issues, I was advised it was the best solution so I went for it. I have a 32GB USB stick with Win10 on it and I plugged it in my PC. The installing process goes on smoothly until the very end when it says Finishing up, it keeps...
  3. Windows 10 Clean Install Restart Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Clean Install Restart Loop: I had to do a clean install on my PC after some issues, I was advised it was the best solution so I went for it. I have a 32GB USB stick with Win10 on it and I plugged it in my PC. The installing process goes on smoothly until the very end when it says Finishing up, it keeps...
  4. Windows 10 Clean Install Restart Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 bootloop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 bootloop: I'm experiencing a bootloop caused by “critical_process_died”. It happened just after I prompted Windows to Update and restart. Windows' cannot self-repair, I'm clueless. Any help? submitted by /u/RikkunFox [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows 1909 Update / Clean Install - Bluescreens and Bootloops

Windows 1909 Update / Clean Install - Bluescreens and Bootloops: Hi Community Some days ago I updated my system to Windows 1909. Right on the reboot I received a bluescreen, and ended up in a bootloop. After using the windows repair options (and resetting the system), I was able to access my system again. The next day when I tried to...
  7. Clean restart windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean restart windows 10: What will I actually lose if I do a clean start? (NOT A clean boot!!!) I know I'll lose things like Office but will I also lose any documents that I've saved on my computer? Will my settings remain the same and once I've installed things like Chrome will I still be able to...
  8. RANDOM bsod EVEN AFTER WINDOWS 10 CLEAN INSTALL.

RANDOM bsod EVEN AFTER WINDOWS 10 CLEAN INSTALL.: Here is the memory dump. help please. https://openload.co/f/tkq8GwGyUFc/MEMORY.zip Mini Dumps https://openload.co/f/APowRaM0PY8/102418-6687-01.dmp https://openload.co/f/kaKmP6Led_Y/102418-7671-01.dmp Machine details My machine was a windows 7 pro, Intel DX79TO, I7...
  9. Random BSOD and restarts on clean windows 10 installation when idle

Random BSOD and restarts on clean windows 10 installation when idle: Hi, I have just built a PC for a friend (specs in signature). MemTest86 passes all tests (including extended tests overnight) with zero errors. Windows 10 pro installed onto clean, unpartitioned SSD. No overclocks in place, all hardware in auto configuration). Intel...
  10. Clean install - random BSOD

Clean install - random BSOD: Hey guys Did a clean install this morning. I am getting the error INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR and it BSODs/reboots. This happens every 30-40 mins. I have installed and updated all drivers and installed the latest BIOS revision (which I don't normally do but I thought it might help)...