Windows 10: Clean Install of Windows 10 from USB giving me error code 0xc000021a before install

Discus and support Clean Install of Windows 10 from USB giving me error code 0xc000021a before install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, When Im trying to install Windows 10, getting a BSOD with error code 0xc000021a. This is the clean installation, with all new components included... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dennis Fissoun, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Clean Install of Windows 10 from USB giving me error code 0xc000021a before install

Hi, When Im trying to install Windows 10, getting a BSOD with error code 0xc000021a. This is the clean installation, with all new components included SSD.

Thanks for help!

:)

Dennis Fissoun, Nov 9, 2018

2. Clean Install of Windows 10 from USB giving me error code 0xc000021a before install

I had Windows 8.1 installed and wanted to do a clean install of Windows 10 on my 120GB SSD. I created a bootable USB drive with Windows 10 on it. When I try to boot from it, it will read the USB, then after about 10 seconds it gives me a 0xc000021a error.
    I tried booting from the USB on my laptop and it went to the update prompts just fine. I can find plenty of info of the 0xc000021a error code affecting startup, but not an update. I did update using the same USB file without a clean install and it worked,
    but would still like to have a clean install. Any help would be appreciated.

Dustin Reynolds, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Clean Install of Windows 10 from USB giving me error code 0xc000021a before install

So I tried updating from the original ISO and it gives me the 0xc000021a error after it restarts for the first time during installation. I reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows 8.1
    thinking maybe a startup file was corrupted. But after the new 8.1 install, it is still giving me the same 0xc000021a error. Then,
    when it boots back up after the error, it says "0xC1900101 - 0x20017, the installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation".

Dustin Reynolds, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Clean Install of Windows 10 from USB giving me error code 0xc000021a before install

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Clean Install of Windows 10 from USB giving me error code 0xc000021a before install

1. Clean Install of Windows 10 from USB giving me error code 0xc000021a before install - Similar Threads - Clean Install USB

2. WSA doesn't install and gives me a error code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSA doesn't install and gives me a error code: I keep getting the error 0x80073CFB whenever I try to install WSA from Windows Store.https://lookimg.com/image/Q0eXSV https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wsa-doesnt-install-and-gives-me-a-error-code/8083b22e-f97a-4a65-bd2e-626eb5c1fb53
  3. WSA doesn't install and gives me a error code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSA doesn't install and gives me a error code: I keep getting the error 0x80073CFB whenever I try to install WSA from Windows Store.https://lookimg.com/image/Q0eXSV https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wsa-doesnt-install-and-gives-me-a-error-code/8083b22e-f97a-4a65-bd2e-626eb5c1fb53
  4. Windows 10 clean install from usb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 clean install from usb: I’m trying to do a clean install on a new PC using a USB. Anyone know how to get around the media driver missing? I tried the unplug and plug method. I’m at a loss? submitted by /u/jcoope40 [link] [comments]...
  5. Error code 0xc000021a when installing WIndows 10 on a new Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error code 0xc000021a when installing WIndows 10 on a new Lenovo laptop: I just bought a brand new Lenovo laptop (IdeaPad S145, Core I5, 8 GB Ram) which came without Windows preinstalled, just with FeeDOS. I also bought a new WIndows 10 Home that came in a USB drive. When I boot the laptop, I get a "Windows Boot Manager" screen asking me to...
  6. Error 0xc000021a on New Installation of Windows 10

Error 0xc000021a on New Installation of Windows 10: I'm in quite a jam. I've just upgraded my motherboard, processor, ram and tower and with the upgrade I also had to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 to support the new hardware. I just finished installing the new hardware in my PC, then plugged it all in to boot with the Windows...
  7. Installing windows 10 with usb; 0xc000021a error loop when installing 64-bit; driver...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Installing windows 10 with usb; 0xc000021a error loop when installing 64-bit; driver...: I was installing windows 10 on my newly built pc and i cant seem to make it work. I was only allowed to the set up screen once. Then the error 0xc000021a kept on appearing everytime i booted up the setup. When i was allowed to setup, the application couldnt find the driver....
  8. Stop Code 0xc000021a during clean install of Windows 10 from USB

Stop Code 0xc000021a during clean install of Windows 10 from USB: Hi all Regarding an Acer Aspire X3950 with the free upgrade to Windows 10. No repair disc created :( Last week the PC would not boot up the OS. The Acer logo would come up then a black screen with a blinking cursor in the top left corner. Unable to boot into safe mode,...
  9. BSOD Error code 0xc000021a after clean install Win 10 x32

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Error code 0xc000021a after clean install Win 10 x32: Hi. I helped my friend install windows 10 on his desktop pc. but after installation, it wont boot, rather showing bsod error 0xc000021a, we have tried reinstalling for a couple of times, but the error persisted. BTW, the previous os was windows 7. We deleted the previous OS's...
  10. W10 clean install. Booting from USB freezes before installation page

W10 clean install. Booting from USB freezes before installation page: I have set up my usb using rufus and UUI. When I boot my pc with the usb its freeze in windows 10 blue logo screen, i've tried to create bootable using 2 different software but still freeze. Here a picture where its freeze [img] My current OS windows 10 32bit and i like...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0xc0000a21a when doingn a clean install of windows 10 usb