Windows 10: Clean Install of Windows 10 Home, why can't I download anything?

Discus and support Clean Install of Windows 10 Home, why can't I download anything? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Preemptively, my internet connection is stable and fast. I can browse the web, stream media, even other devices on my network can download things, just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hobo King Niklz, May 15, 2020.

1. Clean Install of Windows 10 Home, why can't I download anything?

Preemptively, my internet connection is stable and fast. I can browse the web, stream media, even other devices on my network can download things, just for whatever reason, on my PC downloads stall at 0% as soon as I start them. All basic troubleshooting steps have been attempted, please do not post them. What would be the cause of this? It's literally a clean installation of Windows 10, nothing has been set, adjusted or downloaded. It's brand-new. Is "NO DOWNLOADS ALLOWED" somehow a default setting? Downloads aren't even giving me an error message or failing, they just don't move forward.

:)

Hobo King Niklz, May 15, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, May 15, 2020
  3. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, May 15, 2020
  4. Clean Install of Windows 10 Home, why can't I download anything?

Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Clean Install of Windows 10 Home, why can't I download anything?

1. Clean Install of Windows 10 Home, why can't I download anything? - Similar Threads - Clean Install Home

2. Why can't i download anything???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't i download anything???: Every time I go to download an app it say there is a problem with my account and tells me to sign into accout.live, I have done this multuple times and the same thing happens. If I try to click the next button the tap closes itself. Could it be something my school installed?...
  3. Why can't i download anything???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't i download anything???: Every time I go to download an app it say there is a problem with my account and tells me to sign into accout.live, I have done this multuple times and the same thing happens. If I try to click the next button the tap closes itself. Could it be something my school installed?...
  4. I can't download anything

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't download anything: I can no longer download anything through the Microsoft store. Every time I try, even apps/games I once previously had, I keep receiving the error code 0x80070422. Can someone please help me figure out how to fix this?...
  5. I can't download anything on the Microsoft Store. Windows 10 Home PC**

I can't download anything on the Microsoft Store. Windows 10 Home PC**: Hello!I can't seem to download any games/apps on the Microsoft Store. "There was an error on our end." it says. Let me know if you need more information...
  6. I can't download anything on the Microsoft Store. Windows 10 Home PC**

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download anything on the Microsoft Store. Windows 10 Home PC**: Hello!I can't seem to download any games/apps on the Microsoft Store. "There was an error on our end." it says. Let me know if you need more information...
  7. I can't download anything on the Microsoft Store. Windows 10 Home PC**

8. Can't download or install anything on Windows 10 Store

Can't download or install anything on Windows 10 Store: Suddenly whenever anything tries to download, it immediately fails with the error code 0x803FB005. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-or-install-anything-on-windows-10/22bcca55-e098-4304-806c-38006b0f686f"
  9. Can't download and update anything using the store in Windows 10 Home

Can't download and update anything using the store in Windows 10 Home: Hello I have just upgraded to Windows 10, and I was trying to install Netflix and Skype and both of them weren't downloading. Then I clicked on the download icon in the top right and it showed a lot of downloads pending and a few were "Downloading" it said how big the install...
  10. I can't download anything

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't download anything: I can't download anything and it is making me angry. I have windows 10. I tried disabling my anti-virus and firewall and it is not working. Sergio 44625