Windows 10: clean install of windows 10 on new ssd, how to use old hdd for some apps and data

Discus and support clean install of windows 10 on new ssd, how to use old hdd for some apps and data in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I would like to know how to install windows on an ssd and use my existing hdd for apps and data.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KenfromPS, May 30, 2019.

1. KenfromPS Win User

clean install of windows 10 on new ssd, how to use old hdd for some apps and data

I would like to know how to install windows on an ssd and use my existing hdd for apps and data.

:)

KenfromPS, May 30, 2019

2. Clean install Windows 10 on new SSD to rplace failing HDD and corrupte

How to do a clean install of Windows 10 on a new SSD that will replace a failing HDD and corrupted data files in a Laptop PC?
    There seems to be a lot of old posts that touch on various subjects that I need help with but none that lump them all together. This is a clean install of Windows 10 on a new SSD on a Laptop PC that was previously upgraded to Windows 10 with the free upgrade just prior to the free upgrade becoming unavailable. About 6 months ago intermittent weird problems began to appear and with the help of various support groups and Windows Community we came to the conclusion that the HDD needed to be replaced(failed Seagate's drive test) with an SSD (My Choice) and a clean install of Windows 10(corrupted data files in the OS).
    I was given a URL to download and burn to DVD an ISO file of Windows 10 PRO 64bit OS. I purchased a 240GB Sandisk SSD. I don't need to partition this drive as the single C: partition is adequate for size and speed.
    Is there a step by step procedure listed somewhere that preps(formats?) the SSD using disk management for Windows 10 and then using the ISO file that I burned to a DVD, installs Windows 10 on to my SSD? I am not familiar with ISO files and am assuming that is something that is sent to you to boot from and install from when you order SW from MS.

RogerAttila, May 30, 2019
  3. tamzeed Win User
    Upgraded to Win10 in old HDD - Now want to do clean install in new SSD

Hi All,

I successfully upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 (both Pro 64-bit) in PC's old HDD. Now I want do a clean install on a brand new SSD. I have a few questions before I buy the SSD.

1. First off, is it possible to do a clean install of Win 10 in the new SSD especially after I upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 in the old HDD?

2. If 1 is possible, should I use the Win 10 Media Creation tool to create the ISO
    or just download an untouched Win 10 Pro 64 bit ISO, burn it to a DVD and do a straightforward install?

3. At any point do I need to enter the Win 10 license key or will the new SSD take the license info from the motherboard during the clean install? I have used a Win 10 license key viewing tool to find
    out what it is.

4. What happens to the Win 10 in the old HDD? Does it get deactivated on its own?

5. I only plan to use the SSD and discard the HDD if all is successful.

Thanks!

tamzeed, May 30, 2019
  4. Jan_944 Win User

clean install of windows 10 on new ssd, how to use old hdd for some apps and data

Windows 10 - Installation after change from HDD to SSD

Hello,

I want to change my old HDD with Upgrade-Windows 10 to a new SSD with a clean installed Windows 10. Do I have to deactivate the OS in the old HDD before installing it at the new SSD?

Otherwise Microsoft could think that I have one Licence for two PCs, or?

Another question:

Will my old Windows 7-Key work with the new Windows 10-install?

Greetings!

Jan_944, May 30, 2019
Thema:

1. clean install of windows 10 on new ssd, how to use old hdd for some apps and data - Similar Threads - clean install ssd

2. How to clean install windows in SSD & use a HDD as for storage?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to clean install windows in SSD & use a HDD as for storage?: My Dell laptop is running very slow due to HDD that's why I have decided to install a SSD to boot my windows and other applications. But now I have problems with installation of windows in SSD. Please help me with this installation process ....
  3. How to clean install windows in SSD & use a HDD as for storage?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to clean install windows in SSD & use a HDD as for storage?: My Dell laptop is running very slow due to HDD that's why I have decided to install a SSD to boot my windows and other applications. But now I have problems with installation of windows in SSD. Please help me with this installation process ....
  4. How to clean install windows in SSD & use a HDD as for storage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. installing windows 10 on new ssd without removing HDD data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing windows 10 on new ssd without removing HDD data: hi, i am planning on buying a ssd for my laptop.i want to-1 install windows 10 on new ssd, i have bootable ISO on a USB FLASH DRIVE READY.2after installing win10 os on new SSD i want to remove existing installed os from HDD 3but i want keep all the other existing data on my...
  6. installing windows 10 on new ssd without removing HDD data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    installing windows 10 on new ssd without removing HDD data: hi, i am planning on buying a ssd for my laptop.i want to-1 install windows 10 on new ssd, i have bootable ISO on a USB FLASH DRIVE READY.2after installing win10 os on new SSD i want to remove existing installed os from HDD 3but i want keep all the other existing data on my...
  7. installing windows 10 on new ssd without removing HDD data

8. Should I migrate my HDD data to new SSD or CLEAN INSTALL??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I migrate my HDD data to new SSD or CLEAN INSTALL??: I,ve been using a hard drive on my pc for 3 years now and im finally making the switch to an ssd(SAMSUNG 860Evo 250GB) but i have one question my hard drive is split into two and the one that contains the OS is currently 123/344 gb.If i migrate it my ssd would already be half...
  9. Use old data together with a new SSD?

Use old data together with a new SSD?: Hello, which is that I have now reinstalled Windows 10 on a new SSD. The data from the old SSD I still have on the old SSD (who would have thought it) and would like to use it, e.g. games or old memory in games. But there are no icons displayed but only folders....
  10. Clean install win10 on ssd and formating old hdd?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean install win10 on ssd and formating old hdd?: Hey fellow redditors! For the first time ever I will get myself a gaming pc, my brothers old pc. It has an HDD with Windows 10 and other stuff. I am planning to clean install the Windows on the SSD and remove/blank the HDD. I know how to install the Windows on the SSD. But...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clean install windows 10 on new HD

2. install windows on new ssd from old hdd

3. windows on ssd apps on hdd

4. install windows 10 on old hdd,
  5. What use for Old HDD in Wicows 10,
  6. how to intall windows 10 to an ssd and use old hdd,
  7. windows 10 clean install on new ssd,
  8. clean windows 10 install on ssd,
  9. clean install of windows from hdd to ssd,
  10. use hdd for data on windows,
  11. installed windows 10 on ssd but what about applications,