Windows 10: clean install of windows 10 on ssd will not re-boot

Discus and support clean install of windows 10 on ssd will not re-boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In a new build pc, I did clean install of Windows 10 on ssd. But when I restarted the pc, it will not boot up into Windows. Help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PaulBoer1, Dec 28, 2019.

1. PaulBoer1 Win User

clean install of windows 10 on ssd will not re-boot

In a new build pc, I did clean install of Windows 10 on ssd. But when I restarted the pc, it will not boot up into Windows.

Help?

:)

PaulBoer1, Dec 28, 2019

2. Win 10 clean install question

This is what I would do:
    • Shrink the hard drive partition until it's small enough to fit on the SSD.
    • Clone the Windows 8.1 setup to the SSD.
    • Boot off the SSD and make sure that Windows 8.1 is happy (i.e., no complaints about activation).
    • Upgrade to Windows 10 on the SSD.
    This way, you know that Windows 8.1 has a valid setup on the SSD before doing anything else. Plus, the Windows 10 upgrade will be processed much faster on the SSD. Finally, you still have the hard drive setup to fall back to if anything goes wrong.

Static~Charge, Dec 28, 2019
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Dec 28, 2019
  4. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization, Tips and Tricks for your Windows PC

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

1. clean install of windows 10 on ssd will not re-boot - Similar Threads - clean install ssd

2. Clean Installation of Windows 10 on ssd.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Clean Installation of Windows 10 on ssd.: Unable to boot, getting the following error message from startup repair;Startup repair Log File: D:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt Tried to use all other methods found, none have worked....
  3. clean re-install windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clean re-install windows 10: Can anyone advise me where to find online an easy to understand, step by step guide to lead me through a re-install of Windows 10. Will it affect the version I have, which File, Apps, Features, Programs will be lost plus what I should do before the re-install?I'm a PC Dummy...
  4. clean re-install windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    clean re-install windows 10: Can anyone advise me where to find online an easy to understand, step by step guide to lead me through a re-install of Windows 10. Will it affect the version I have, which File, Apps, Features, Programs will be lost plus what I should do before the re-install?I'm a PC Dummy...
  5. clean re-install windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Re-install a clean windows 10, when Boot Loader is "ON".

Re-install a clean windows 10, when Boot Loader is "ON".: Hi, Does anyone KNOW, how to reinstall WINDOWS 10, clean, from a USB KEy i've got, on a PC that shows BOOT LOADER at startup ??? See picture below. I only need to re-install the windows system, on one of those volumes. Any idea ? I'm lost. And no complicated code to...
  7. Clean Re-installing Windows 10

Clean Re-installing Windows 10: Hello people, can some one explain to me how I do a clean install of Windows 10. By clean I mean delete all files clean install, like was possible with Windows 7. Re-install the software from scratch and then start with a completely clean set-up. Windows Version Number -...
  8. Clean Re-installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean Re-installing Windows 10: Hello people, can some one explain to me how I do a clean install of Windows 10. By clean I mean delete all files clean install, like was possible with Windows 7. Re-install the software from scratch and then start with a completely clean set-up. Windows Version Number -...
  9. Clean Re-Install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean Re-Install: We are updating our computers and wish to sell the old one. Before we sell them I want to use UBCD to completely overwrite the hard drive to destroy all information. How do I then re-install windows 10 without a CD?...
  10. Clean Re installation of windows 10

Clean Re installation of windows 10: I want to delete all user accounts created till now , and need to re install the windows 10 in my pc. Please help me with this ,so that I can proceed safely . And I have some doubts regarding this- Will the activation be void if I do this ? Will I get all the latest...