Windows 10: Clean install of Windows 10 onto SSD, wipe HDD, have another copy of Windows 10

Discus and support Clean install of Windows 10 onto SSD, wipe HDD, have another copy of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I recently mounted my SSD into my desktop computer (doesn't show up yet, but haven't done anything with the drivers; that's another thing I'll get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JasonUhler, Sep 7, 2018.

1. JasonUhler Win User

Clean install of Windows 10 onto SSD, wipe HDD, have another copy of Windows 10

Hi, I recently mounted my SSD into my desktop computer (doesn't show up yet, but haven't done anything with the drivers; that's another thing I'll get to). I plan to put Windows 10 onto my SSD (I have a copy of Windows 10 Education from university) and I plan on just having that and a couple games on it. I currently boot from my 1TB HDD, which I plan on wiping and turning into a storage drive (I don't have anything important on it).

I was wondering what the best steps for me to take would be, or if there's anything I should know? I saw one answer said to remove the HDD during the installation of the SDD, is that really necessary?

Sorry I can give more information if needed, not sure if I'm going about this the optimal way. I'm no computer guy I just like to game haha, thank you for your help!

:)

JasonUhler, Sep 7, 2018
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Sep 7, 2018
  3. JeroenBeunckens Win User
    Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Sep 7, 2018
  4. InhaleOblivion Win User

Windows 10 clean install mess up partitions?

I had no issues upgrading from your exact OS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit to Windows 10. All my partitions from 2 SSD's and 3 HDD's were fine. Windows 10 even kept the custom names I have for the various drives. A clean install on your SSD shouldn't affect your 2TB drive.

InhaleOblivion, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Clean install of Windows 10 onto SSD, wipe HDD, have another copy of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Clean install onto

2. Installed 10 onto an SSD and want to format my HDD but nothing works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installed 10 onto an SSD and want to format my HDD but nothing works: Hi all, again with another computer problem! So yesterday I installed a SSD from Samsung and put windows 10 onto it via a boot disc I created I've gone ahead and copied across all of the files that I wanted ready to reformat the HDD that I was using for the last year...
  3. Can I clean install windows 8 onto mbr HDD with GPT booting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I clean install windows 8 onto mbr HDD with GPT booting: Can I clean install windows 8 onto mbr hard disk with the installation that's booting out of GPT partition ? 99599
  4. Installing Windows 10 on HDD, then on SSD

Installing Windows 10 on HDD, then on SSD: I have recently upgraded my PC from Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit to Windows 10 (because I took advantage of the free upgrade offer last year), but have created an ISO file for a full install as I want to fully install Windows 10 by itself. My plan is, if the install works and...
  5. Upgrading to SSD from HDD thinking Clean install of Windows 10

Upgrading to SSD from HDD thinking Clean install of Windows 10: Hello Everyone, I just bought a new Solid State Drive that should be here Monday. I'm thinking about doing a clean install for my Windows 10 but I'm not sure how I can do this. I cannot find the email where I purchased Windows 10 and I'm not sure what email I used at that...
  6. AHCI Clean install windows 10 onto new SSD drive

AHCI Clean install windows 10 onto new SSD drive: I seem to remember, when I installed windows 7 Pro 64 bit on a new build, a few years ago, I had to install some specific drivers during the Windows 7 installation to ensure drives used AHCI mode. Do I still need to do anything during windows 10 clean install to new SSD drive...
  7. Fresh Win10 install onto a wiped wiped hard drive

Fresh Win10 install onto a wiped wiped hard drive: My friend has an AIO desktop computer that came with Win 8 and updated to 8.1 and finally Windows 10. She had many problems with Windows 10 and her daughter wiped the hard drive clean and the computer has been sitting there doing nothing since Dec 2016 I suspect she can...
  8. Clean install Windows 10 on new SSD to rplace failing HDD and corrupte

Clean install Windows 10 on new SSD to rplace failing HDD and corrupte: How to do a clean install of Windows 10 on a new SSD that will replace a failing HDD and corrupted data files in a Laptop PC? There seems to be a lot of old posts that touch on various subjects that I need help with but none that lump them all together. This is a clean...
  9. Clean windows 10 install onto a new SSD (samsung 850 EVO 250 gb) or

Clean windows 10 install onto a new SSD (samsung 850 EVO 250 gb) or: When I mount the drive in a Kingston drive adapter , the Samsung Magician software does not recognize the drive although Disc check identifies fine? Tried several different USB connectors & a second computer . Is there a workaround to migrate my win 10 system to the SSD -...
  10. Clean install windows 10 on my SSD

Clean install windows 10 on my SSD: I have a samsung 850 pro 256 gb SSD and the windows install disk i have keeps giving me the same trouble every time i try to clean install it on my SSD: "windows could not format a partition on disk 0 the error occurred while preparing the partition selected for...