Windows 10: Clean install of Windows 10 onto SSD, wipe HDD, have another copy of Windows 10

Discus and support Clean install of Windows 10 onto SSD, wipe HDD, have another copy of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I recently mounted my SSD into my desktop computer (doesn't show up yet, but haven't done anything with the drivers; that's another thing I'll get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JasonUhler, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Clean install of Windows 10 onto SSD, wipe HDD, have another copy of Windows 10

Hi, I recently mounted my SSD into my desktop computer (doesn't show up yet, but haven't done anything with the drivers; that's another thing I'll get to). I plan to put Windows 10 onto my SSD (I have a copy of Windows 10 Education from university) and I plan on just having that and a couple games on it. I currently boot from my 1TB HDD, which I plan on wiping and turning into a storage drive (I don't have anything important on it).

I was wondering what the best steps for me to take would be, or if there's anything I should know? I saw one answer said to remove the HDD during the installation of the SDD, is that really necessary?

Sorry I can give more information if needed, not sure if I'm going about this the optimal way. I'm no computer guy I just like to game haha, thank you for your help!

:)

JasonUhler, Sep 7, 2018
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Clean install of Windows 10 onto SSD, wipe HDD, have another copy of Windows 10

Windows 10 clean install mess up partitions?

I had no issues upgrading from your exact OS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit to Windows 10. All my partitions from 2 SSD's and 3 HDD's were fine. Windows 10 even kept the custom names I have for the various drives. A clean install on your SSD shouldn't affect your 2TB drive.

InhaleOblivion, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Clean install of Windows 10 onto SSD, wipe HDD, have another copy of Windows 10

1. Clean install of Windows 10 onto SSD, wipe HDD, have another copy of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Clean install onto

2. Clean Installation of Windows 10 on ssd.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Clean Installation of Windows 10 on ssd.: Unable to boot, getting the following error message from startup repair;Startup repair Log File: D:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt Tried to use all other methods found, none have worked....
  3. Clean Windows 10 install on SSD with HDD as storage only

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Windows 10 install on SSD with HDD as storage only: Hello all. I need to do a clean Windows 10 install on my laptop (I want to sell it, and therefore need to disassociate my Windows account with the OS installation). I want to install Windows 10 on the SSD (M.2 2280 PCIE NVMe) and leave the HDD for storage only. Windows is...
  4. Question about doing a clean install of Windows 10 onto a wiped SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about doing a clean install of Windows 10 onto a wiped SSD: So I'm upgrading my PC with a new mobo, cpu and ram. I'm backing up my SSD that I currently use as my boot drive and I am planning on wiping it to do a clean install of Windows for the new hardware. My question is, will my back up of the old PC boot drive be an issue when I...
  5. Reinstalling Windows 10 on SSD and wiping data on HDD

Reinstalling Windows 10 on SSD and wiping data on HDD: I recently added an SSD to my PC which already had a 2 TB HDD. Everything works perfectly fine, but I want to install a fresh copy of Windows 10 onto my SSD and use that as my boot drive and wipe all the current data from my HDD. I don't want to do data migration. How would I...
  6. Clean Install of Windows 10 on SSD

Clean Install of Windows 10 on SSD: I've got a clunky 1TB HDD that's just about to fall over. I want to buy a 1TB SSD and rather than transfer everything over from the HDD, I want to do a fresh install of Windows 10 on the SDD. How easy is this and how do I go about it?...
  7. How do I clean install Windows 10 on a new SSD while wiping the previously operating HDD...

How do I clean install Windows 10 on a new SSD while wiping the previously operating HDD...: Hello. I’ve recently purchased an ssd in an attempt to speed up my older computer. Up to this point, I have aquired everything to actually hook up the ssd to the computer, and I’ve saved the files I want to keep externally. I have a usb with the Windows 10 installer on it....
  8. Installing Windows 10 on HDD, then on SSD

Installing Windows 10 on HDD, then on SSD: I have recently upgraded my PC from Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit to Windows 10 (because I took advantage of the free upgrade offer last year), but have created an ISO file for a full install as I want to fully install Windows 10 by itself. My plan is, if the install works and...
  9. Upgrading to SSD from HDD thinking Clean install of Windows 10

Upgrading to SSD from HDD thinking Clean install of Windows 10: Hello Everyone, I just bought a new Solid State Drive that should be here Monday. I'm thinking about doing a clean install for my Windows 10 but I'm not sure how I can do this. I cannot find the email where I purchased Windows 10 and I'm not sure what email I used at that...
  10. AHCI Clean install windows 10 onto new SSD drive

AHCI Clean install windows 10 onto new SSD drive: I seem to remember, when I installed windows 7 Pro 64 bit on a new build, a few years ago, I had to install some specific drivers during the Windows 7 installation to ensure drives used AHCI mode. Do I still need to do anything during windows 10 clean install to new SSD drive...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to wipe hdd and install onto ssd