Windows 10: Clean install of windows 10 OS on new SSD-best procedure for eliminating current windows 10...

Discus and support Clean install of windows 10 OS on new SSD-best procedure for eliminating current windows 10... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My BIOS doesn't have option to change from IDE to AHCI, so does this mean I can't use SSD as boot drive for Window 10 ? It is a Foxconn motherboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarkNormanYX, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Clean install of windows 10 OS on new SSD-best procedure for eliminating current windows 10...

My BIOS doesn't have option to change from IDE to AHCI, so does this mean I can't use SSD as boot drive for Window 10 ? It is a Foxconn motherboard with BIOS dating back to 2008. The SSD is formatted to MBR with no partitions.

:)

MarkNormanYX, Dec 6, 2018
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Dec 6, 2018
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Clean install of windows 10 OS on new SSD-best procedure for eliminating current windows 10...

Clean install of windows 10 OS on new SSD-best procedure for eliminating current windwos 10 OS on old hard drive

I want to do a clean install of Windows 10 OS on a new ssd and make this the boot drive. I would like to keep the old WD 1T hard drive as a storage drive. What is the best/easiest procedure for extracting the old windows 10 OS from the old hard drive.
    I'm not sure that I know how to properly identify the OS files.

ThomasSchlimmer, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Clean install of windows 10 OS on new SSD-best procedure for eliminating current windows 10...

1. Clean install of windows 10 OS on new SSD-best procedure for eliminating current windows 10... - Similar Threads - Clean install SSD

2. Clean install of windows 11 on SSD current OS on HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean install of windows 11 on SSD current OS on HDD: I am planing to install a SSD in my laptop, which already has HDD. laptop support SSD and HDD together. The currest OS on the HDD and i want to do a fresh install on the SSD, Please can anyone write a step by step guide on what to do, i am not confident on this....
  3. Clean install of windows 11 on SSD current OS on HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean install of windows 11 on SSD current OS on HDD: I am planing to install a SSD in my laptop, which already has HDD. laptop support SSD and HDD together. The currest OS on the HDD and i want to do a fresh install on the SSD, Please can anyone write a step by step guide on what to do, i am not confident on this....
  4. Clean install of windows 10 OS on new SSD on the same Laptop with Digital Licence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install of windows 10 OS on new SSD on the same Laptop with Digital Licence: I want to do a clean install of Windows 10 OS on a new SSD. My current HDD is the boot drive with the Windows 10 Digital Licence. What is the best way to transfer my boot drive to the new SSD without losing my Digital License?I tried creating a Windows 10 Installation Media...
  5. Clean Install of Windows 10 on new SSD

Clean Install of Windows 10 on new SSD: Howdy, I want to do a nice fresh install of Windows 10 on a brand new SSD but am just a bit confused on how I should go about it and what it entails. To be specific, I have 4 drives (2 HDD, 2 SSD) in my PC and was wondering if the data is kept on the other 3 drives (that...
  6. Windows 10 clean install on a new SSD

Windows 10 clean install on a new SSD: I have a Samsung Laptop which had Windows 7 on it. I have replaced the HDD with a new, unused SSD (500Gb). I then tried installing Windows 10 from a bootable USB created using the Microsoft tool. I changed the boot order to USB 1st, and set the SATA Mode to AHCI manually....
  7. Clean install Windows 10 on new SSD with new Motherboard

Clean install Windows 10 on new SSD with new Motherboard: Hello everyone, I'm getting new Motherboard (Gigabyte GA-ZA170 Gaming K3-EU) and new SSD (SanDisk 120GB) tommorow. I've had Windows 10 x64 installed on my HDD until now and I'm planning to clean install it onto my SSD and remove it from HDD and use my HDD for pictures,...
  8. Clean install of 10 on new SSD

Clean install of 10 on new SSD: I am about to get a new 240Gb SSD and have been advised to clean install Windows 10 on it. This SSD will replace a SATA HDD in my existing computer running Windows 8.1. I know that I qualify for the free upgrade; I have the "Get 10" icon on my task bar. My first question...
  9. What is the best approach to install windows 10 to new SSD

What is the best approach to install windows 10 to new SSD: First, let me say that last night, out of the blue,my PC crashed. Long story short, my Kingston 240gb SSD abruptly died. I'm not sure how long I had it, but it was no more than three years old. The system itself was built in 2011, but I changed the original Intel 120GB SSD to...
  10. Windows 10 Clean install on new SSD - Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Clean install on new SSD - Problems: Hi all, Just bought a 128gb Samsung 850 SSD and performed a clean install of windows 10 on my Acer Aspire R3-471T Laptop. Everything went smoothly, I let windows update itself and rebooted a few times. Now, there are some problems such as: - shut down button (from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clean install of win 10 os on new ssd

2. Clean install of windows 10 OS on new SSD