Windows 10: Clean install of windows 10 OS on new SSD on the same Laptop with Digital Licence

Discus and support Clean install of windows 10 OS on new SSD on the same Laptop with Digital Licence in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to do a clean install of Windows 10 OS on a new SSD. My current HDD is the boot drive with the Windows 10 Digital Licence. What is the best way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jahangeer Ansari, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Clean install of windows 10 OS on new SSD on the same Laptop with Digital Licence

I want to do a clean install of Windows 10 OS on a new SSD. My current HDD is the boot drive with the Windows 10 Digital Licence. What is the best way to transfer my boot drive to the new SSD without losing my Digital License?I tried creating a Windows 10 Installation Media using USB storage from the Media Creation Tool. But this requires me to have a Product Key which I don't have. PS: I can clean wipe both the HDD and the new SSD. But don't know how to transfer my Windows Digital Licence.

:)

Jahangeer Ansari, Aug 31, 2021

2. SSD windows installation with genuine digital licence

I have a hp pavilion laptop . right now i am having Genuine Windows 10 activated with digital license in my HDD .I installed a SSD in CD/DVD place with the help of caddy. Now I want To Install my windows 10 in my SSD without affecting my Digital license
    activation or genuinity. And clear the HDD for other data in Laptop.i am Looking for detailed steps that leads to the final expected result.

please help me

Himanshu_Rajput, Aug 31, 2021
  3. Windows 10 activation - Existing SSD in new laptop

Hi

My previous laptop came with Windows 8.

I upgraded it to Windows 10 using the free upgrade offer.

I then got an SSD.

I used the packaged software to clone the HDD to the SSD.

The laptop got hit by a power surge and the motherboard blew.

My new laptop came with a standard HDD.

It has a digital licence for Windows 10.

I inserted the SSD in an optical drive caddy and booted from it.

I now see the Activate windows warning.

My SSD contains a very customised Windows experience, along with tons of software, and hundreds of thousands of files synced to Google Drive.

This means that I really don't want to have to clone the HDD over the SSD and start loading all my software and files again.

However, since the laptop came with a digital licence (and no key that I can find), I can't simply insert the new licence key into the SSD windows settings.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Brendon

BrendonHatcher, Aug 31, 2021
  4. Clean install of windows 10 OS on new SSD on the same Laptop with Digital Licence

Clean install Windows 10 on new SSD to rplace failing HDD and corrupte

How to do a clean install of Windows 10 on a new SSD that will replace a failing HDD and corrupted data files in a Laptop PC?
    There seems to be a lot of old posts that touch on various subjects that I need help with but none that lump them all together. This is a clean install of Windows 10 on a new SSD on a Laptop PC that was previously upgraded to Windows 10 with the free upgrade just prior to the free upgrade becoming unavailable. About 6 months ago intermittent weird problems began to appear and with the help of various support groups and Windows Community we came to the conclusion that the HDD needed to be replaced(failed Seagate's drive test) with an SSD (My Choice) and a clean install of Windows 10(corrupted data files in the OS).
    I was given a URL to download and burn to DVD an ISO file of Windows 10 PRO 64bit OS. I purchased a 240GB Sandisk SSD. I don't need to partition this drive as the single C: partition is adequate for size and speed.
    Is there a step by step procedure listed somewhere that preps(formats?) the SSD using disk management for Windows 10 and then using the ISO file that I burned to a DVD, installs Windows 10 on to my SSD? I am not familiar with ISO files and am assuming that is something that is sent to you to boot from and install from when you order SW from MS.

RogerAttila, Aug 31, 2021
Thema:

Clean install of windows 10 OS on new SSD on the same Laptop with Digital Licence

1. Clean install of windows 10 OS on new SSD on the same Laptop with Digital Licence - Similar Threads - Clean install SSD

2. Transferring window 10 pro digital licence to new laptop.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring window 10 pro digital licence to new laptop.: So basically I've had the same issue as the person in this thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-and-activate-a-windows-10-pro-license-on/9b61f3e4-132d-4831-92d2-e2aa7966a914my old laptop was a macbook pro 2012 running windows via bootcamp....
  3. Transferring window 10 pro digital licence to new laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring window 10 pro digital licence to new laptop.: So basically I've had the same issue as the person in this thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-and-activate-a-windows-10-pro-license-on/9b61f3e4-132d-4831-92d2-e2aa7966a914my old laptop was a macbook pro 2012 running windows via bootcamp....
  4. Transferring window 10 pro digital licence to new laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows 10 os digital licence tranfer

windows 10 os digital licence tranfer: How can I transfer my Windows 10 pro licence from my old laptop to new one? Help Please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-os-digital-licence-tranfer/86143ad5-3583-4d10-bae5-10a8393b12ae
  6. Clean Install of Windows 10 on new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install of Windows 10 on new SSD: Howdy, I want to do a nice fresh install of Windows 10 on a brand new SSD but am just a bit confused on how I should go about it and what it entails. To be specific, I have 4 drives (2 HDD, 2 SSD) in my PC and was wondering if the data is kept on the other 3 drives (that...
  7. Windows 10 clean install on a new SSD

Windows 10 clean install on a new SSD: I have a Samsung Laptop which had Windows 7 on it. I have replaced the HDD with a new, unused SSD (500Gb). I then tried installing Windows 10 from a bootable USB created using the Microsoft tool. I changed the boot order to USB 1st, and set the SATA Mode to AHCI manually....
  8. SSD windows installation with genuine digital licence

SSD windows installation with genuine digital licence: I have a hp pavilion laptop . right now i am having Genuine Windows 10 activated with digital license in my HDD .I installed a SSD in CD/DVD place with the help of caddy. Now I want To Install my windows 10 in my SSD without affecting my Digital license activation or...
  9. W10 OS Clean Install on SSD

W10 OS Clean Install on SSD: I'm currently wanting to install a 120GB SSD into my PC. 1) What I want to know is, will the OS on the HDD conflict with the one on the SSD after I do a clean install on it, and make it the boot disc? All I want to use it for is the OS and the games I'm playing the...
  10. Clean install of 10 on new SSD

Clean install of 10 on new SSD: I am about to get a new 240Gb SSD and have been advised to clean install Windows 10 on it. This SSD will replace a SATA HDD in my existing computer running Windows 8.1. I know that I qualify for the free upgrade; I have the "Get 10" icon on my task bar. My first question...