Windows 10: Clean install of Windows 10 - Product Key wont work

Discus and support Clean install of Windows 10 - Product Key wont work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I recently built a new PC. My previous version of Windows 10 was installed on my old sata hdd. I upgraded to a new SSD hd and upgraded my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bsquared2021, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Clean install of Windows 10 - Product Key wont work

Hello,

I recently built a new PC. My previous version of Windows 10 was installed on my old sata hdd. I upgraded to a new SSD hd and upgraded my motherboard. I ran the install of windows 10 onto my new SSD hd and reformatted my old sata for backup files. When I entered my product key, it told me "we cant activate windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license or product key. If you do think you have a valid key please troubleshoot. Error code 0x803FA067"

I have a valid product key that I payed for a few years ago. I need help getting this key to work so I don't have to buy another copy of windows 10.

Please advise. Thanks everyone.

:)

Bsquared2021, Dec 31, 2018

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Dec 31, 2018
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Dec 31, 2018
  4. Clean install of Windows 10 - Product Key wont work

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

Clean install of Windows 10 - Product Key wont work

1. Clean install of Windows 10 - Product Key wont work - Similar Threads - Clean install Product

2. My product key wont work HELP!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My product key wont work HELP!: My product key won't work the product key is original and not cracked. I recently got a virus and it changed my product ID does that has to do with anything? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-product-key-wont-work-help/e29d054e-5547-4434-8dc0-a340bd0c8e17
  3. Reinstall Windows 10 Product key wont work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Windows 10 Product key wont work: So the last update from windows 10 caused my computer to crash so I had to reinstall Windows 10. As of right now it's showing its not activated and that it needs a product key. I still have the product key of when I first purchased Windows 10 but I get an error and it says...
  4. Activating Windows 10 product key wont work for no reason

Activating Windows 10 product key wont work for no reason: When I replaced some parts in my computer I could not activate Windows. This wouldn't have been a problem if I had my product key, but I didn't. I have just been suffering with no activated windows for a while until I saved up to buy a new windows. I have my new product key,...
  5. Win10 Pro product key wont work

Win10 Pro product key wont work: Hi' all, Last Year i had problems reinstalling/activating Win10 Pro with my Product key. Eventuially one of the microsoft support team sorted it out remotely. He gave me a new Product key. Recently i have had problems again with Win10 Pro. I have carried out a restore...
  6. Windows 10 product key not working after clean install

Windows 10 product key not working after clean install: I installed windows 10 on top of Windows 7, but then did a clean install afterwards from an image on a USB drive. I wrote down the product key from the first install after scraping it with a program. The clean install of 10 went fine, but it will not accept this product...
  7. Which product key is needed for clean install of windows

Which product key is needed for clean install of windows: Hello, I'm in the process of backing up data and product keys for a fresh install of Windows. Upon digging on google for how to find your windows product key, I found several ways to find it. My HP has a COA sticker with a Windows 7 product key. I also used Produkey, which...
  8. Product Key on Clean Install

Product Key on Clean Install: After I did the free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, I did a clean install. Seems like everything is fine, except I had to enter the Product Key to finish the installation. The clean install is activated. I understood from what I have been reading here that once I did the free...
  9. Will windows 10 update provide a product key for clean install?

Will windows 10 update provide a product key for clean install?: Hi Guys A few questions.... Could someone please clarify, Will windows 10 update provide a product key for clean install? If so how/where? If not when performing a clean install, will skipping the product key prompt, then activating once desktop appears automatically...
  10. Cannot view product key on clean install

Cannot view product key on clean install: Ok, the more I read the more confused I get. Here's my problem: Have a computer with OEM Windows 7, been on there a few years. It's becoming somewhat goofy and decided to do a clean install of Windows 10. So, bought an OEM cd of 10 from Amazon ( home version). Came today....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 key wont work

2. just installed windows now my product key wont work

3. windows 10 version1903 product keys home

4. windows 10 says you dont have a valid product key,
  5. product key for win 10 clean install