Windows 10: Clean install of Windows 10 taking a super long time...

Discus and support Clean install of Windows 10 taking a super long time... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm hoping this fixes itself before anyone gets a chance to read this, but in case it does not...here goes it's currently Saturday, 4:20pm Central Time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rhodesmk, Feb 29, 2020.

1. rhodesmk Win User

Clean install of Windows 10 taking a super long time...

I'm hoping this fixes itself before anyone gets a chance to read this, but in case it does not...here goes it's currently Saturday, 4:20pm Central Time on February 29, 2020:

Attempting to perform a clean Windows install on a Dell Inspiron 17 5759 so I can give it to my grandkids after I bought a new laptop.

• I downloaded the media creation tool and ran it
    • I placed the Windows 10 installation files on an empty, reformatted 16GB USB drive
    • I then booted from that USB drive
    • All the prompts on the blue screens went fairly quick
    • Laptop rebooted, and has now said "Getting Ready" with the spinning dots under the Dell logo for at least 20 minutes.

Is this normal? Any suggestions? I don't want to reboot while it's in the middle of this.

Thanks!

:)

rhodesmk, Feb 29, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Clean install of Windows 10 taking a super long time...

Windows 10 takes a LONG time to login

Was "a couple weeks ago" just after installation of the AU? If so, I'd suggest a clean reinstall.

pokeefe0001, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Clean install of Windows 10 taking a super long time...

1. Clean install of Windows 10 taking a super long time... - Similar Threads - Clean install taking

2. Applications take long time to install/open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications take long time to install/open: I have fresh windows on fresh very powerful computer so this shouldn't be the case but trying to open any installer of any app takes forever like 5 minutes and applications are sluggish to open. Idle resources are low meaning that there is nothing slowing down the computer....
  3. Windows 10 logon take long time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 logon take long time: Recently, I have observed my Windows 10 PC taking long time to logon to desktop occasionally. After entering username and password, it may takes 10 to 30 seconds to complete the logon process and show Windows desktop screen. The Windows logon time is measured after PC...
  4. Videos take a super long time to play!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Videos take a super long time to play!: When I'm watching videos on YouTube, Netflixapp and others, it takes a very long time for the video to start. The video is loaded but just doesn't play. And when I get an A on Youtube, I have to wait for the ad to play and wait AGAIN for the video to play. The time for the...
  5. Windows 10 takes a long time to shutdown

Windows 10 takes a long time to shutdown: Hi. I right click the windows icon and then click shutdown or sign out then click shut down and nothing happens sometimes for 20 to 30 seconds. I can still use the computer in that time and then eventually I get the shut down screen with the rotating dots and the computer...
  6. Windows 10 takes a long time to boot

Windows 10 takes a long time to boot: It's my first time asking a question here . Hope i get some answers. I upgraded to windows 10 home from windows 8.1. My Windows 10 takes about 8 minutes too boot up My Notebook specifications are as follows. It is a HP Pavilion TS 15 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i3 4005U ,...
  7. It is taking a long time to download windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    It is taking a long time to download windows 10: I am downloading Windows 10 to my Mac to put it on a drive to plug into my new computer. I started it at 1 in the morning and it is only on 53 mb. What can I do to make it faster? It says it is going to take a week....
  8. Windows 10 takes long time to boot

Windows 10 takes long time to boot: Hi, I had this problem since 2 days ago, it will take long time to boot and stuck on black screen with spinning circle for the longest time before I can sign in into my laptop. I have been trying to fix it with the internet help(windows 10 trouble shooting, reddit, etc)....
  9. Windows 10 takes a long time to boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 takes a long time to boot: So, I've encountered this issue lately where Windows 10 takes considerably longer to boot than before. (Usually 4 to 5 minutes) It used to boot under 30 seconds before so I don't know what went wrong here. So, the screen with the Windows logo and loading circle...
  10. Windows 10 takes a LONG time to login

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 takes a LONG time to login: A couple weeks ago, my Windows 10 computer started taking a LONG time to login. The times have been going up and down, with a max of about 15.5 minutes, which happened today. Here's what I've tried to solve this issue: 1. Do a clean boot (no startup programs or services...