Windows 10: Clean install of windows and discs

Discus and support Clean install of windows and discs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I want to clean install windows and remove all my data like apps and possible viruses. I have disc C: (where my system is installed and that's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MatRick, Nov 8, 2019.

1. MatRick Win User

Clean install of windows and discs

Hello,
    I want to clean install windows and remove all my data like apps and possible viruses. I have disc C: (where my system is installed and that's SSD disc) disc D*SadHDD drive with all apps and software) My question is when I do a clean install and it makes me decide which partition to remove should I remove all of them and keep "unlocated space partition"when it creates one automatically and click next? I have a system to install from the CD drive. I just want a fresh system and remove all my personal data and apps but also keep 2 discs after a clean install but with no date on them. Disc C and D which C is my SSD with system and D HDD for apps and software. Will it clean my disc also and automatically assign disc C as SSD with system and disc D for apps to install?

If you can help me thank you so much!

:)

MatRick, Nov 8, 2019
  2. Wile E Win User

Windows Vista Clean Installation

To do a clean install on a fresh hard drive with Vista on an upgrade disc, you have to follow certain steps. Buying a full install CD would've been easier, but using the upgrade disc only adds more time, so it's not that big of a deal.

Follow the instructions here to do a clean install with an upgrade disc: http://www.vistarewired.com/2007/02/28/perform-a-clean-install-with-a-vista-upgrade-disc

Wile E, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Clean install of windows and discs

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Clean install of windows and discs

1. Clean install of windows and discs - Similar Threads - Clean install discs

2. clean disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clean disc: My Mac is running slow and hasn't enough memory to run simple games that it has been running for years. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-disc/f2bf9037-f4e6-4352-9cba-2ebd58be24a5
  3. clean disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    clean disc: My Mac is running slow and hasn't enough memory to run simple games that it has been running for years. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-disc/f2bf9037-f4e6-4352-9cba-2ebd58be24a5
  4. Installation Disc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installation Disc: So I'm building a computer and I needed an installation of Windows 10 Pro so I can run VMs. Does the Windows 10 media creation tool include all versions of Windows 10, and based on what key you get, it shows what features you get? I just want to make sure I get the right...
  5. Need to create a Windows 10 boot disc or someway to get a clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to create a Windows 10 boot disc or someway to get a clean install: both my computers have crashed with the 20236 update. First discovered greyed out apps on my HP Envy laptop. trying to fix that I discovered the store is closed. So here on the 17th I figure i can get in the store from the Cyberpower desktop. Hadn't been sign in for 2 mins...
  6. Disc spacer after clean instal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disc spacer after clean instal: I've recently did the clean reinstalation of Windows 10, and I've noticed that the free spacer on my disc hasn't changed ( no third party apps or games and I've nad many). Is this wierd or no? submitted by /u/chujciwcyce [link] [comments]...
  7. clean up disc space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    clean up disc space: clean up disc space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-up-disc-space/521e1b83-ab25-457c-88d3-945670003a1a
  8. windows installation disc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows installation disc: I had windows already installed loop constant recovery...getting error message to reinstall windows. ubtube states windows has an option use an usb stick as to recovery can't find windows page but can't find it..found it but lost the page....
  9. cleaning CD disc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cleaning CD disc: I have some used CDs with old backup files and other junk on them and when I try to clean them I place them in the computer, highlight the files to scrub and click the "delete" button. In return I get "show recycle information". How do I get "recycle information" so that I...
  10. disc clean up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    disc clean up: hi, is it safe to delete windows update clean up files.thanks 53494