Windows 10: Clean Install on HDD only booting on 1/3 computers

Discus and support Clean Install on HDD only booting on 1/3 computers in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Could not install Windows onto the HDD after the Clean All as MBR wiped the USB and set it up again as you mentioned it should display as 32GB even as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by buzzKillTech, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Clean Install on HDD only booting on 1/3 computers

Could not install Windows onto the HDD after the Clean All as MBR wiped the USB and set it up again as you mentioned it should display as 32GB even as greater size and it was showing as 54GB in diskpart.
    After this it seems I am able to install (having changed to legacy within BIOS under an option within advanced. Thanks for all your help seems I just took a wrong turn when I began before this playing with the HDD instead of the BIOS settings

buzzKillTech, Apr 11, 2016
  2. NavyLCDR New Member

As long as all the computers in question have been upgraded once to Windows 10 and have digital entitlements, there is really no need to run sysprep before moving the hard drive to a new computer. Windows 10 adjusts to new hardware very well without running sysprep.

NavyLCDR, Apr 12, 2016
  3. I agree, it didn't appear work that way for him though, that's why I suggested it as an option.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Clean Install on HDD only booting on 1/3 computers

1. Clean Install on HDD only booting on 1/3 computers - Similar Threads - Clean Install HDD

2. Only 1 out of 3 headsets works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Only 1 out of 3 headsets works: Hi,I'm trying to find a proper setup for my headset to play counterstrike + discord voice channel. Bluetooth doesn't work with these two programs, so I'm using wired headsets. My custom PC seems not to support TRSS jacks in the headphones input like a smartphone does, so I...
  3. Computer upgrade - replace HDD and clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer upgrade - replace HDD and clean install: I have a computer that needs a clean install, so I'm thinking that I would replace the HDD with SDD. My computer started life with Win 8.1 Home, and upgradred to Win 10 Home. To activate Windows, would I need a new licence key for Windows 10 or can I use the one for WIndows...
  4. Win 10 only boots 1/3 of the time !

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 only boots 1/3 of the time !: Win10 Pro - Version 2004 (updated only a few days ago but the problem I describe started before the update) hello for a couple of weeks, about one third of the time win 10 does not boot on my PC which opens on the page to access the BIOS settings (does this page have a name...
  5. Clean Windows 10 install on SSD with HDD as storage only

Clean Windows 10 install on SSD with HDD as storage only: Hello all. I need to do a clean Windows 10 install on my laptop (I want to sell it, and therefore need to disassociate my Windows account with the OS installation). I want to install Windows 10 on the SSD (M.2 2280 PCIE NVMe) and leave the HDD for storage only. Windows is...
  6. Boot drive is on SSD, but System drive is detected on the HDD (only 1 OS is installed)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot drive is on SSD, but System drive is detected on the HDD (only 1 OS is installed): I have Windows installed on an SSD, but as shown, the system drive is the HDD. This happened after I dual-booted windows and linux (with linux being on a partition on the HDD) and then removed the linux partition all together. This resulted to an inability to boot into...
  7. Mouse ghosting on 1 of 3 monitors only

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse ghosting on 1 of 3 monitors only: Hi, my mouse has just started having a shadow underneath it , it is only on one of my 3 monitors, i was trying to fix my bad text in the "adjust the appearance and performance of windows" tab. After this i noticed the mouse problem, i have been into the mouse advanced...
  8. Only 3 Windows Updates installed after Clean Install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Only 3 Windows Updates installed after Clean Install: I cleaned installed Win10 Pro using the Media Creation Tool and how come I only got 3 updates???? This is very strange. I am assuming I would get more updates than these. Running version 1511 build 10586 Is it because Win10 is too new ??? And I kept pressing the...
  9. Surface 3 Clean Install

Surface 3 Clean Install: Hi Everyone I have recently upgraded my Surface 3 to Windows 10 and I wish to do a clean install, to install a fresh copy of windows without having all the old data from Windows 8.1. Would I be fine following, "How to do a clean install" tutorial via Ten Forums or would...
  10. Clean install UEFI only 3 partitions

Clean install UEFI only 3 partitions: hi all I have clean installed windows 10 in UEFI mode it showed 4 partitions but after install only shows 3 partitions in disc managment no MSR reserved partition why How do I know it is UEFI mode 15497