Windows 10: Clean install on new PC with non-used windows 7 key

Discus and support Clean install on new PC with non-used windows 7 key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Have an unused Technet windows 7 Key (Old) and want to know if i can use that in some way to install Windows 10 on a self-build PC. Other option could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CBOnyx, Sep 12, 2018.

1. CBOnyx Win User

Clean install on new PC with non-used windows 7 key

Have an unused Technet windows 7 Key (Old) and want to know if i can use that in some way to install Windows 10 on a self-build PC.

Other option could be to buy an OEM key online, but which online stores are legit?

:)

CBOnyx, Sep 12, 2018

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Thank you, but I still want to know if I can do a clean installation of Windows with my new SSD whilst my old Windows is still installed on the other pc?

MichaelDFF, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Marcel Win User
    Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Once your key is registered with your motherboard you can always exchange the hdd for an ssd, just install it on the new ssd, after successful activation on your old hdd, windows will be activated on the new ssd.

Also a clean install with a windows 7 key will work, just skip the serial and afterwards go to change productkey and fill in the w7 key.

Marcel, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Clean install on new PC with non-used windows 7 key

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Clean install on new PC with non-used windows 7 key

1. Clean install on new PC with non-used windows 7 key - Similar Threads - Clean install non

2. Clean installation of windows 11 on new pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean installation of windows 11 on new pc: I'm trying to figure out how to install windows 11 on my pc. I'm planning on installing it with a new drive. The only issue is that my device does not have TPM nor secure boot enabled. But I can't install them because it would reformat my current drives, which I'm not going...
  3. Clean installation of windows 11 on new pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean installation of windows 11 on new pc: I'm trying to figure out how to install windows 11 on my pc. I'm planning on installing it with a new drive. The only issue is that my device does not have TPM nor secure boot enabled. But I can't install them because it would reformat my current drives, which I'm not going...
  4. clean install windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clean install windows 7: my name is DavidMy computer crashed and Microsoft informed me it was fake now there are some MS pages that won't load, and I don't have MS store and I've tried it all and something keeps happening to keep me from fixing the rest of windows 7 pro it took me 3 days and a boot...
  5. clean install windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    clean install windows 7: my name is DavidMy computer crashed and Microsoft informed me it was fake now there are some MS pages that won't load, and I don't have MS store and I've tried it all and something keeps happening to keep me from fixing the rest of windows 7 pro it took me 3 days and a boot...
  6. Perform clean install of Windows 10 pro on used PC with Windows 7 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Perform clean install of Windows 10 pro on used PC with Windows 7 Enterprise: Hi, I've recently bought a used PC with Windows 7 Enterprise. How do i perform a clean install of windows 10 pro with digital license? Thanks in advance....
  7. Legality of Using Windows 7 Key on Clean Install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Legality of Using Windows 7 Key on Clean Install of Windows 10: Hi Microsoft Community! I want to upgrade my existing PCs from Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro. I was researching online and discovered the solution of the ability to clean install Windows 10 Pro using a USB flash drive and using my...
  8. Windows 10 clean install on new PC?

Windows 10 clean install on new PC?: I just got a brand new lenovo laptop with Windows 10 Pro, pre-installed at delivery. This is the first time I have considered a clean install to remove any unwanted bloatware or software. But after some research I can't tell if it is necessary? I have no data on this machine...
  9. Clean w10 installation using win7 key? (new built pc)

Clean w10 installation using win7 key? (new built pc): Hey, I'm sorry if this has been discussed, but I'm just not sure how to do a clean w10 installation using my key from windows 7. I'm upgrading my PC and I didn't create an USB with w10 installation using my windows 7, I forgot :/ I'm building a new PC now and I'd...
  10. New clean install on Win 7 Pro Key

New clean install on Win 7 Pro Key: Hi New install of Win 10 Pro appears to have installed all drivers, chipset, graphics audio etc. I previously downloaded all updated drivers that supported Windows 10. Would it be wise to update them or should I stick with the defaults that Windows has installed?...