Windows 10: Clean install on upgraded Windows 10

Discus and support Clean install on upgraded Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello folks, I tried to perform a clean install on the very first instance at the time of 'upgrade' but since it didn't work. I had to upgrade it on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by crackhammer, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Clean install on upgraded Windows 10

Hello folks,

I tried to perform a clean install on the very first instance at the time of 'upgrade' but since it didn't work. I had to upgrade it on existing windows 7 installation. Now the machine is so slow that constantly it shows 100% disk usage. I tried every possible solution on the web and nothing worked so planning to do a clean install.

My question is related to the license. The current installation is activated so in theory, I should not face any issues with the activation and it should be seamless. But a quick google search tells that it is quite common to have hassles with the installation.

I wonder if there is any option that I can backup license key or activation key or something similar and use it once I perform the clean install.

Many thanks in advance.

:)

crackhammer, Dec 18, 2016

2. Windows 10 clean install on upgraded Dell D620

Glad to hear it, Patrick. Windows 7 is still the best Windows ever IMO. You will get and keep the best possible install to the exact extent you stick with the steps, tools and methods in the linked tutorial.

Let us know how it goes and enjoy the experience.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Dec 18, 2016
  3. Windows 10 clean install on upgraded Dell D620

Thanks for the quick reply. I had not seen that list of compatible Dell computers before. Pretty sure I am going to go with Windows 7. Thanks again for the help.

PatrickSteiner_577, Dec 18, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Clean install on upgraded Windows 10

Hi, once you have activated '10 on your PC you can freely reinstall even after some hardware change. Activation should be automatic- skip any prompt to enter a key.

dalchina, Dec 18, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Clean install on upgraded Windows 10

1. Clean install on upgraded Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Clean install upgraded

2. 8.1 clean install, upgrade to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    8.1 clean install, upgrade to 10: I have to perform a clean install of Windows 8.1. Can I bypass that installation if I know I'll be upgrading to 10.Note: this PC came from HP. So I don't have a key.Thanks in advance....
  3. 8.1 clean install, upgrade to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    8.1 clean install, upgrade to 10: I have to perform a clean install of Windows 8.1. Can I bypass that installation if I know I'll be upgrading to 10.Note: this PC came from HP. So I don't have a key.Thanks in advance....
  4. Upgrade or Clean install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade or Clean install?: Are there any problems after updating from Windows 7 like sysytem being slow or crashing? How much free space is needed on C drive? submitted by /u/countdooku1729 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e3aga4/upgrade_or_clean_install/
  5. Upgrade or clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade or clean install: Hello everyone. What's preferable, an upgrade or a clean install? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-or-clean-install/01e13cd7-40ce-47ce-bd1a-e92de4b77f7c
  6. Win 10 upgrade and clean install

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 upgrade and clean install: Hello I thought the upgrade and pursuant clean install would be smooth based upon my move from 7 to 8 to 8.1. I have upgraded with my files to Win 10. I like it. However, I downloaded Ccleaner and it showed quite a bit of clutter(2GB) . I never use a registry cleaner as I...
  7. Upgrade or Clean Install....?

Upgrade or Clean Install....?: Having read a number of articles on the subject of "Upgrade or Clean Install", I am still uncertain as to which option delivers the greatest benefits with the least disadvantages. Currently it seems that the decision is one of personal preference - but experience shows us...
  8. Windows 10 upgrade is full clean installation ?

Windows 10 upgrade is full clean installation ?: I had windows 8.1 pro original dvd installed on my system. Then I upgraded free to windows 10. Now I want to make a new clean installation of windows 10 without keeping old files and directories and apps on c:\ So I downloaded the Microsoft windows 10 media creation...
  9. Upgrade or Clean install?

Upgrade or Clean install?: I installed Win10 (clean Install) then reinstalled Win7 (clean). I'm now going to reinstall Win10 again after getting answers to issues I had with it. So my question, is it easier to just upgrade to Win10 since my programs are already installed in Win7, rather than a clean...
  10. Clean install of Windows 10 without upgrading.

Clean install of Windows 10 without upgrading.: Hello guys, when W10 first came out, I upgraded it from Win 8.1 to 10. Now, I want to make a clean install of W10, and I was wondering If I could use my W8.1 key. I mean, not installing 8.1 and upgrading, just installing W10 and putting the cd key, since I have it...