Windows 10: clean install problems

Discus and support clean install problems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can't get serial number to take, windows7 is activated. When I try windows 10 it says serial number wrong?, product id is bottom of labtop. If I use a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by zplugger, Mar 25, 2016.

1. zplugger Win User

clean install problems

Can't get serial number to take, windows7 is activated. When I try windows 10 it says serial number wrong?, product id is bottom of labtop. If I use a serial number program it comes up with different serial?. This is a legal copy of windows 7 home,did I download wrong iso?,DID THE ONE FOR SINGLE LANGUAGE,not sure what n version is?. any ideas on what I need to do? *Sad

:)

zplugger, Mar 25, 2016

2. Windows 10 Installation Problems

After up grading to Win 10, my screen started to blink and the lap top was frozen in this blinking mode. After restarting computer many times, it is stuck in the Win 10 load process with the circle of dots spinning around and around while the load process
    goes no where. I have tested all hardware and it is OK. I tried the Win 10 fix and it still is in the same mode where the dots spin around and around, but operating system does not load and start up

I have a 64 bit HP Lap Top that was running Win 8.1 without any problems before trying to load Win 10.

Win10 Install Problems, Mar 25, 2016
  3. start menu stopped working

Cannot get start menu to pop up. Worked till yesterday, now won't. Turned off computer and back on - still won't work

problems-problems, Mar 25, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

clean install problems

Due to various lawsuits the N version is aimed more at European markets but shouldn't be a problem.

I've done more that a couple dozen Win10 Upgrades over Win7 w/SP1 and Win8.1 and never had to enter the Product Key, it gets picked up from the installed OS. I've only needed to do the online install from Windows Updates.

Berton, Mar 25, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    N version is for European countries.
    KN is for Korea.

One question, if you don't mind.
    Why did you choose Single Language version?
    Your Win 7 comes with Single Language or you were just guessing ?

You must have chosen the wrong ISO download.
    For an upgrade install, you have to select the same Windows Edition, Language and bit version your Win 7 is now running.
    Hence my question of Single Language.

davidhk, Mar 25, 2016
  6. cereberus Win User
    As stated, you probably have the wrong version.

Also for clarity, the product id is not the product key.

The product key contains 25 random numbers and letters in five groups of five (separated visually with hyphens).

cereberus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

clean install problems

1. clean install problems - Similar Threads - clean install problems

2. Problems with a clean Windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with a clean Windows installation: I have a few problems with reseting my pc.Windows setting:When i try to reset my pc in the settings of Windows it gives me the error message: no recovery partition found. I tried fixing it but nothing seems to work. in videos they say i need to enable reagentc. The problem is...
  3. Problems with a clean Windows installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with a clean Windows installation: I have a few problems with reseting my pc.Windows setting:When i try to reset my pc in the settings of Windows it gives me the error message: no recovery partition found. I tried fixing it but nothing seems to work. in videos they say i need to enable reagentc. The problem is...
  4. Windows Clean Installation Problems

Windows Clean Installation Problems: Ok... I have an old Asus T100taf and i just did a clean install of windows 10 x32 from usb, and apparently some things are not working. For one, there is no sound, and the troubleshooter does not help. Second, the battery logo on the bottom is nowhere to be found, and if I go...
  5. Windows Clean Installation Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Clean Installation Problems: Ok... I have an old Asus T100taf and i just did a clean install of windows 10 x32 from usb, and apparently some things are not working. For one, there is no sound, and the troubleshooter does not help. Second, the battery logo on the bottom is nowhere to be found, and if I go...
  6. Windows Clean Installation Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Clean Windows Installation Problem

Clean Windows Installation Problem: I'm stumped. I have a 6-year old hp Notebook 17ak012cy with 8 GB RAM and a fast CPU. Recently, it became slower and slower to boot and finally it just froze at the hp Logo and now does not boot at all. The hhd passed S.M.A.R.T. but FAILED the Short Disk Self Test, so I...
  8. Clean installation problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean installation problems: I'm trying to do a fresh install of windows 10 onto my SSD. When I boot my ISO off the flash drive I get to where I have to select to storage device and sometimes it says the compatibility is wrong and sometimes it's fine I've tried swapping them between GPT and MBR as well...
  9. Clean install of 9841 problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install of 9841 problems: I was forced to do a clean install of 9841 this morning. Computer started acting crazy using 9879. Actually I think I messed around with it too much. *Smile Anyhow... Reformatted my hard drive, clean install from USB. Now when I try and install the next preview build I get...
  10. Clean Install - Nothing but problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean Install - Nothing but problems: Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and decided to do a clean install afterwards. The install took three days of messing about, trying discs and USB stick method etc. but finally worked only after I disabled the network card in BIOS. Since the install worked I've been...