Windows 10: Clean Install/Reformat Once Final Version Is Released?

Discus and support Clean Install/Reformat Once Final Version Is Released? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm just wondering as googling didn't turn up much, but does anyone know if you go to the 10 tech preview, will you have to do a clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sharpnd, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Sharpnd Win User

Clean Install/Reformat Once Final Version Is Released?

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering as googling didn't turn up much, but does anyone know if you go to the 10 tech preview, will you have to do a clean install/reformat once the final version is release? Or will you simply just 'upgrade' or 'update'. I've been unable to find any official information one wait or another.

Thanks!

:)

Sharpnd, Jan 23, 2015
  2. Struxx Win User

Windows 10 upgrade - Pure upgrade or reformat?

So just to reiterate . . .

I've been wanting to reformat my Windows 7 machine to get rid of bugs and bloat, but I don't have a 7 installation disk because the PC came loaded with 7.

If I do the regular free upgrade to 10, once it's switched over, performing the "Reset PC" will reformat the machine in the same way a reformat with Windows 7 would have worked?

From what I've read on other sites, you're supposed to do a clean install of 10 to reformat your machine, but I'm assuming that's wrong?

Struxx, Jan 23, 2015
  3. Windows 10 installation

Hello

say here I have a pc that is running windows 8.1 and a final version of windows 10

please correct my steps these is the steps that I'm planning once I got the final windows 10

S1: I need to upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 (not booting to the bios)

S2Clean Install/Reformat Once Final Version Is Released? :perform a clean install of the final windows 10 in the upgraded windows 8.1 laptop

is this correct?

Marc Dean Soliva, Jan 23, 2015
  4. adamf Win User

adamf, Jan 23, 2015
Thema:

1. Clean Install/Reformat Once Final Version Is Released? - Similar Threads - Clean Install Reformat

2. Finally installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Finally installed: A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL WHO TOOK THE TIME TO PROVIDE ME WITH AS MUCH INFORMATION AS POSSIBLE. I WISH EVERYONE A HEALTHY AND SAFE NEW YEAR WITH MANY BLESSINGS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES...
  3. Windows 10 version 22H2 reaches final stage before official release

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 22H2 reaches final stage before official release: Microsoft plans to release a feature update for Windows 10 in the second half of 2022. Windows 10 version 22H2 will be the first feature update for Windows 10 of the year, as Microsoft changed the release cadence to one release per year. [ATTACH] Microsoft announced this...
  4. Nvidia releases GeForce drivers for the final version of Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Nvidia releases GeForce drivers for the final version of Windows 11: Nvidia released updated Game Ready and Studio drivers for the final version of Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system today. The company did release its first Windows 11 ready drivers back in July, but the drivers released today are designed for the final version of Windows...
  5. What drivers to install after clean install/reformat?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What drivers to install after clean install/reformat?: Just did a fresh install for my win 10, but abit clueless on the Drivers I need to install. I read from somewhere that Windows Update will just do all the work for u. And from another forum, I read that u have to install manually like the chipset Drivers. BUT IS THE CHIPSET...
  6. Reformat HDD and clean install Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reformat HDD and clean install Win 10: I'd like to do a clean install of Windows 10. My laptop came with Win 7 and I did the upgrade to Win 10 some time ago but I do not have a product key or an installation disk. As I'm purchasing a new laptop I want to pass my old machine on but want to clean it up before I...
  7. How to preserve Edge Passwords prior to reformat and clean install?

in Browsers and Email
    How to preserve Edge Passwords prior to reformat and clean install?: Hi, I hope the title says enough, obviously windows 10. How to preserve Edge Passwords prior to reformat and clean install? Thanks 112745
  8. CU edition Clean install FINALLY no problems on Network !!!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CU edition Clean install FINALLY no problems on Network !!!!!: Hi there Did 3 CLEAN CU installs (1607) - now NO networking problems on LAN - every machine has access to every other one and all Media servers accessible as well to machines in LAN [img] First time EVER I think I've had Windows Networking that actually WORKS...
  9. Dual boot after final release

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual boot after final release: Right now, I'm dual booting on 2 machines. One on w-7 and the other on W-8. Both 7 and 8 are Pro. I'd like to continue this after release. Will I have to upgrade in place and then reinstall my 7 and 8. I would much prefer to leave my 7 and 8 intact with their existing data...
  10. What do you think will happen when the final version is released?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What do you think will happen when the final version is released?: I have read most of all the threads here and just wondered when the final version is ready to release and I say yes to the update to my desktop PC what will it do? I know it will use my previous Windows Prod ID to install but wondered if it really will be like a fresh...