Windows 10: Clean install stages

Discus and support Clean install stages in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can anyone send me here screenshots of a clean install? As i did one but i just clicked on the highlighted partition and it did the install but i think... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by johnrodger2, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Clean install stages

Can anyone send me here screenshots of a clean install? As i did one but i just clicked on the highlighted partition and it did the install but i think i didnt do it correctly as i think i have to click on format? is this correct?

:)

johnrodger2, Nov 6, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Clean install stages

Tips and tricks - You saw it first on TenForums!

You need of course go through the Windows initial setup first. Windows setup is done in three stages:

1. Installation to an empty hard disk or replacing earlier Windows installation. When done, Windows will restart.
    2. Device configuration. This stage does not require any user input. Again, Windows will restart when done.
    3. OOBE, also known as Windows Welcome. This is the final stage of setup where initial user account is created.
    The video guide you referred to starts at the beginning of stage 3, you haven't even done stages 1 & 2 yet. You need to clean install first as told in this tutorial: Clean Install Windows 10 Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

The video guide about installing Windows 10 without any Windows Store UWP apps starts when you reach step 15 in above mentioned tutorial, beginning of stage 3 on my list above.

Short: clean install Windows 10 as told in tutorial, following it through from step 1 to step 14. At step 15, before doing it, you can do what's told in video and when done continue from tutorial step 15 to end of it.

Kari, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

Clean install stages

1. Clean install stages - Similar Threads - Clean install stages

2. Hangs on network stage of install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hangs on network stage of install: After installing win 11 pro it won’t go past the network stage. I have checked all modem connections and they’re ok. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hangs-on-network-stage-of-install/b25e2994-78a4-4dac-a1ad-448aa0b40662
  3. Hangs on network stage of install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hangs on network stage of install: After installing win 11 pro it won’t go past the network stage. I have checked all modem connections and they’re ok. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hangs-on-network-stage-of-install/b25e2994-78a4-4dac-a1ad-448aa0b40662
  4. clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    clean install: I am trying to do a clean install on a pc I bought online, and i am having trouble repartitioning the hardrive because there is a partition marked as hidden when i look at it through diskpart. anyway to reformat this partitioin or remove it so i can do a clean install? thx...
  5. clean installation

clean installation: I have a Windows 7 Dell PC...have the free upgrade to Windows 10 (did this a couple years ago) Now I am having problems with installing new updates (1809 and 1903) after downloading and restart. Have uninstalled 3rd party anti virus, updated all drivers, have made at least...
  6. Clean Install

Clean Install: Hello I am going to do a clean install of windows 10 but I have a few questions. Im still busy making space on the computer's hard disk and also on an external drive (for backup purposes) Since I belong to the insider program the latest build that I currently have is...
  7. Clean Install

Clean Install: I upgraded both of my PC's from Windows 8.1 Pro. If I want to do a clean install from a USB drive do I need one from each PC or will one work with both? 13120
  8. Clean install

Clean install: Hi All the info I have found on a clean install has been about the Insider Preview, when the official upgrade is available at the end of July, will I be able to do a clean install? Thanks Daniel 8256
  9. Clean Installation - Join Workgroup During Setup Stage

Clean Installation - Join Workgroup During Setup Stage: Hello everyone. I would like to know how to join a workgroup and login as a workgroup account after formatting the computer? By default, Windows setup wants to create a local account before you can log in into the Windows. [img] Is that possible not to create a...
  10. Clean install or not

Clean install or not: I installed W10 over virgin copies of W7 Pro on two computers. After a clean disk to get rid of all install files I will have pretty much a clean install. What would be the advantage to now do a complete clean install ? Everything seems to be working ok. 12715