Windows 10: Clean install to Win 10 1903 causes audio to crackle and not work

Discus and support Clean install to Win 10 1903 causes audio to crackle and not work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just performed a clean install to Windows 10 1903 and upon reinstalling my audio driver I noticed that it was just crackling and not working at all.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Camp Nowhere, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Clean install to Win 10 1903 causes audio to crackle and not work

I just performed a clean install to Windows 10 1903 and upon reinstalling my audio driver I noticed that it was just crackling and not working at all. The audio driver I was installing was Realtek HD Audio Driver 6.0.1.8742.1 WHQL. I decided to reinstall windows 1903 and use the driver I was using on Windows 10 1803 Realtek HD Audio driver_6.0.1.8172, that also does the same thing. I tried restarting the audio services and nothing seems to work.

I am on a MSI GS70 gaming laptop with a Intel Skylake PCH-H - High Definition Audio Controller. I have installed update KB4501375 which I have read helped some users and I downloaded the official ISO from Microsoft a week ago which is what I used for the clean install. The build I am using is 18362.207

:)

Camp Nowhere, Jul 6, 2019
  2. kajson Win User

Win 10 clean install question

So I spend the day yesterday installing the computer, using a prepared usb key with windows 10 on it.

I got it all sorted in the end but I'll share my fails anyways so others might learn:

Do not try to do a clean install win with win 10 home N, when you come from a machine with just win 10 home. It won't activate *Wink Clean install to Win 10 1903 causes audio to crackle and not work ;) After reinstalling with the right copy, it was already activated right away after the first boot, didn't even have to initialise it.

There hasn't changed a whole lot in making clean install compared to older versions of windows, it's slightly better streamlined, though being asked at 3 different stages to enter a product key when it's not needed during install seems a bit annoying.

Further more it would be lovely if Microsoft finally learned to ask ALL questions regarding preferences updates and whatnot in one go, so you can then go away from your computer and come back to a fully installed/updated system including reboots.. Not impossible I would say.

There's still some little bugs, like when I installed realtek audio drivers, they'd go into an infinite loop asking for reboot and install the driver. And as a PDF reader isn't in the list of standard programs to select, foxitreader keeps saying it is not the default reader for pdf's even though I had said yes to the question 3x. If this fails to get file associations for PDF's I do hope Microsoft will fix this asap.

Thanks for the fast answers earlier guys, it gave me the confidence that all would be well, even when I cocked up the first install with the N version.

kajson, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Aceman.au Win User
    Audio crackling a few hours into session.

Sound card: ASUS Phoebus 7.1
    Headset: Razer Tiamat 7.1
    Operating system: Win 10

A few hours (between 2 and 10 hours) into all my gaming sessions in the past 2 months I have been getting severely crackling audio and I haven't the faintest idea what is causing it. I've tried fixes I've found on Google, updating the drivers and trying different settings, I disabled my overclock on the CPU (PSU not giving out enough power, so I tried changing power settings), but none of them work. Resetting the PC fixes the audio for a few hours before it starts again, so it might be a software thing.

Sometimes the PC itself starts to lag with the crackling audio with minimal load or when I'm playing a game, which leads me to believe it's more than an audio issue, but I thought it might be the audio issue causing the PC lag, because the system lag doesn't happen every time, only sometimes.

Help me TPU, you're my only hope!

Aceman.au, Jul 6, 2019
  4. Clean install to Win 10 1903 causes audio to crackle and not work

Audio Crackle Using Headset

Hi, I'm having an audio problem with my Dell laptop running Windows 10. I plug headphones in and the audio gets crackles so much I can't stand it. My headset works fine with my Xbox One and phone. It's just with my laptop. Is there something I'm overlooking?
    I've searched this site for a while and haven't found anything that works for me. Any suggestions?

PvtTucker45, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

Clean install to Win 10 1903 causes audio to crackle and not work

1. Clean install to Win 10 1903 causes audio to crackle and not work - Similar Threads - Clean install 1903

2. Audio Crackle/Popping caused by Windows 10 itself ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Crackle/Popping caused by Windows 10 itself ?: Lately I've noticed that my Audio is crackling/popping when playing videos/music/games when audio starts and stops or i switch videos This crackle and pop is over USB and AUX and Optical aswell I have zero idea what it could be at this point because ive tried every possible...
  3. Audio Crackle/Popping caused by Windows 10 itself ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Crackle/Popping caused by Windows 10 itself ?: Lately I've noticed that my Audio is crackling/popping when playing videos/music/games when audio starts and stops or i switch videos This crackle and pop is over USB and AUX and Optical aswell I have zero idea what it could be at this point because ive tried every possible...
  4. Audio Crackle/Popping caused by Windows 10 itself ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 version 1903 Audio crackling still not fixed???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 version 1903 Audio crackling still not fixed???: Ive been reading everywhere this has been a problem for months. I'm not sure why my PC decided to auto update from 1809 t0 1903 on Nov, 27th, but it did. It ran smooth, so I thought nothing of it until last week when I finally fired up the recording studio to hear all this...
  6. Audio configuration worked fine in Win 7, but not in Win 10 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio configuration worked fine in Win 7, but not in Win 10 1903: Hi! I had a custom audio config that worked fine in Win 7, but I haven't gotten it to work in my current Win 10 Pro 1903 desktop system, and I'd greatly appreciate some help. Here's the key part of the config that's not working: I take the HDMI output from my Fire TV Gen 2...
  7. clean install of 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    clean install of 1903: hi joydeep sir i did clean install of 1903 by chatting with micrsooft techs today and after i did clean install of 1903 today i activate windows and start check for windows update and while updating windows my few updates for windows 10 1903 got failed so i ran update...
  8. STILL CANNOT CLEAN INSTALL WIN 10 ver 1903

STILL CANNOT CLEAN INSTALL WIN 10 ver 1903: greetings, my laptop is an: alienware 17 r5 win 10 x64bit 128 gb ssd 1 tb hdd 16gb ram 1050 gtx 1year old. never dropped it. no hardware issue. healthy ssd. healthy usb drive. Last time i had a problem installing win10. Nothing i found in the internet works. here's...
  9. clean install of 1903

clean install of 1903: hi joydeep sir i forgot to disconnect my internet during windows installation of 1903 ,so just asking will it have any issue as i forgot to disconnect my internet.i am using windows 10 home sl 64 bit 1903...
  10. Clean install Windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install Windows 10 1903: Is there a problem with the Clean Install method with 1903? I have read about problems with USB flash drives and another one I read was some problem with SD cards. Can you clean install Windows 10 1903 using a USB flash drive? And what is the SD card issue? My Pc does have an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1903 windows update rear speaker jack

2. windows 10 realtek audio treiber code 10