Windows 10: Clean install via usb boot

Discus and support Clean install via usb boot in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys, So i am attempting to do a clean install of windows 10 on my laptop, i have changed the boot order and have gone through the installation.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/co22wen, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Clean install via usb boot

Hi guys,

So i am attempting to do a clean install of windows 10 on my laptop, i have changed the boot order and have gone through the installation. Now, after the installation the computer restarts, and boots back up through usb again and make me go through the installation again.

Do i have to change the boot order after that installation to finalize the clean install?

Thank you and happy holidays!

submitted by /u/co22wen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/co22wen, Dec 12, 2019

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Dec 12, 2019
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Clean install via usb boot

USB clean boot problem

USB media might be corrupt, try creating a fresh copyu.

Step 1: download a copy of Windows 10 you have a license for directly:

Download Windows 10 Feature Update ISO Files Directly Using Your Web Browser

Step 2: Create a bootable copy using Rufus:

Rufus, a small tool you can download for free.

Clean install via usb boot [​IMG]

Rufus - credit: Pete Batard/Akeo

After you have installed Rufus:

• Launch it
    • Select ISO Image
    • Point to the Windows 10 ISO file
    • Check off Create a bootable disk using
    • Select GPT partitioning for EUFI firmware as the Partition scheme
    • Choose FAT32 NOT NTFS as the File system
    • Make sure your USB thumbdrive in the Device list box
    • Click Start
    • Close when complete

Step 3: Perform a clean install using the instructions how to boot from your USB thumb drive:

How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Clean install via usb boot

1. Clean install via usb boot - Similar Threads - Clean install via

2. Hi. Having issue with a clean install via bootable usb. When boot from usb it loads files...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hi. Having issue with a clean install via bootable usb. When boot from usb it loads files...: Hi. After performing an automatic update my windows 10 crashed. I attempted to do a clean reinstall via bootable usb but it will not load OS. It boots from USB. Says loading files but then goes to the Lenovo splash screen with endless circle. I can not access windows recovery...
  3. Hi. Having issue with a clean install via bootable usb. When boot from usb it loads files...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi. Having issue with a clean install via bootable usb. When boot from usb it loads files...: Hi. After performing an automatic update my windows 10 crashed. I attempted to do a clean reinstall via bootable usb but it will not load OS. It boots from USB. Says loading files but then goes to the Lenovo splash screen with endless circle. I can not access windows recovery...
  4. Hi. Having issue with a clean install via bootable usb. When boot from usb it loads files...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Clean Install of Windows 10 Pro via USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install of Windows 10 Pro via USB: I need to do a clean install of Windows 10 Pro via a USB stick in my Lenovo Desktop all-in-one aio 700 series. Product: F0BD003FUS. Serial: P9010FZR. BIOS: O1KKT30AUSI went to this site https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISOBut found the site...
  6. Clean Install of Windows 10 Pro via USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean Install of Windows 10 Pro via USB: I need to do a clean install of Windows 10 Pro via a USB stick in my Lenovo Desktop all-in-one aio 700 series. Product: F0BD003FUS. Serial: P9010FZR. BIOS: O1KKT30AUSI went to this site https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISOBut found the site...
  7. Clean Install of Windows 10 Pro via USB

8. Windows 10 clean installation USB boot loop

Windows 10 clean installation USB boot loop: Recently I’ve been trying to reinstall windows 10 on my new hard drive, and all of my old files are backed up elsewhere. However, whenever I try to boot from the USB containing the installation media, the windows logo appears only for a brief second before a command...
  9. Clean install of Windows 10 via USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install of Windows 10 via USB: So I've navigated to this page because I want to check on the latest instructions to do a clean install of Win10 to a new PC using USB. I rarely come to MS for help because I've found that they often publish confusing content and today was no different. In this case they...
  10. Installing Windows via USB Boot on a LINUX OS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows via USB Boot on a LINUX OS: Hello, recently I have installed a Linux based operating system (Parrot specifically if it helps) via Unetbootin, and realised I should have just used it from live boots and not change the whole operating system. Now I am stuck, all the USB Boot softwares seem to be Windows...