Windows 10: Clean install W10 Home version 1909 64 bit, build 18363.535.

Discus and support Clean install W10 Home version 1909 64 bit, build 18363.535. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently did a clean install of W10 on an old ASUS X54H laptop which previously had W7 installed. This was partly to overcome a Windows Explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by taid, Jan 2, 2020.

1. taid Win User

Clean install W10 Home version 1909 64 bit, build 18363.535.

I recently did a clean install of W10 on an old ASUS X54H laptop which previously had W7 installed. This was partly to overcome a Windows Explorer issue and partly to update the laptop. During the install I was concerned that I had to set up an account and that I had to provide a password each time the machine booted. Whilst I appreciate the latter annoyance can be got ‘round using netplwiz I’ve not found it to be 100% reliable.

Reading some of the postings here on Tenforums I realised that others had similar concerns so making a mental note of some of these suggestions I decided to perform another clean install. During the install it became obvious that some of these did not apply, presumably because different versions of W10 behave differently during the install. The following will show just how easy it all went with my version of W10 (W10 Home version 1909 64 bit, build 18363.535).

The first thing I did was to disconnect my router’s WiFi, I still had ethernet access to the ‘net for my main Dell machine but the laptop was now disconnected from the outside world. I had previously downloaded a copy of W10 onto an usb pen. During the install I got the language/country /keyboard options and a few others which I declined then a couple of options at the bottom left of the screen “I don’t have Internet” and “Connect with limited set-up” appeared and which I selected. I was not asked to provide or set up any sort of account – no email addresses, no PIN numbers, no telephone numbers - there was no ‘Limited Experience’ option - nothing. The install finished and W10 was operative. The one thing I immediately realised was that my screen resolution was wrong and on checking I realised it was 1024 x 768. In Device Manager I could see the Display Adaptor driver was an old Microsoft one. I re-enabled WiFi and set the laptop to automatically look for a newer version of the Display Adaptor driver and it found a newer Intel driver and installed it. The resolution was now 1366 x 768. I subsequently downloaded all the ASUS drivers onto another usb pen although the laptop appears to work quite happily without installing any of them… I then got a message “Let’s Finish Setting Up”. My heart sank! There was only the one option provided – select OK. I ‘think’ it was here that I was asked for the user’s name after which it was all done. I could presumably have left it blank but there was no reason to. I then downloaded and installed the latest MS updates but as my usb copy of W10 was only a few days old there were only a handful.

So there you are. I think that the secret – well for me at least was ensuring that there was NO internet access during the install. It all went SO smoothly I really can’t believe it… The old ASUS is working well, booting up in under 20 seconds and I’ve just treated it to a new battery which appears to provide power for ~6 hours of YouTube viewing so a worthwhile and painless exercise! Incidentally I was never asked for the W10 Product Key during install but the laptop tells me 'Windows is activated with a digital licence'. Now to see if I can update that old Vista machine in the cupboard to W10!

Thanks to Tenforums for the ideas and inspiration – as usual!

:)

taid, Jan 2, 2020

2. Clean install W10 Home version 1909 64 bit Part Deux

What about heading to Dell and getting their video driver from April 8, 2016.

Apply that and ensure by checking device manager that it installed. Then go online.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/is...-n5050/drivers

Clean install W10 Home version 1909 64 bit, build 18363.535. [​IMG]

Caledon Ken, Jan 2, 2020
  3. sushma419 Win User
    The Windows 1909 SAC final release #18363 build-418 issue

Hi ,

We use latest windows image to perform integrate our code with the OS .

We have been using Windows 1909 SAC release builds.

Microsoft released Windows 1909 SAC final release #18363 build 418 , seeing issue in the image.

The running dism.exe found in sources folder of image, shows windows version as 10.0.18362.1

The "ver" command in CMD, shows windows version as 10.0.18362.418

The "msinfo32" command after OS install using ISO file, shows version as 10.0.18363

Only this particular build is behaving like this.

is it a bug??

sushma419, Jan 2, 2020
  4. taid Win User

I recently did a clean install of W10 on an old ASUS X54H laptop which previously had W7 installed. This was partly to overcome a Windows Explorer issue and partly to update the laptop. During the install I was concerned that I had to set up an account and that I had to provide a password each time the machine booted. Whilst I appreciate the latter annoyance can be got ‘round using netplwiz I’ve not found it to be 100% reliable.

Reading some of the postings here on Tenforums I realised that others had similar concerns so making a mental note of some of these suggestions I decided to perform another clean install. During the install it became obvious that some of these did not apply, presumably because different versions of W10 behave differently during the install. The following will show just how easy it all went with my version of W10 (W10 Home version 1909 64 bit, build 18363.535).

The first thing I did was to disconnect my router’s WiFi, I still had ethernet access to the ‘net for my main Dell machine but the laptop was now disconnected from the outside world. I had previously downloaded a copy of W10 onto an usb pen. During the install I got the language/country /keyboard options and a few others which I declined then a couple of options at the bottom left of the screen “I don’t have Internet” and “Connect with limited set-up” appeared and which I selected. I was not asked to provide or set up any sort of account – no email addresses, no PIN numbers, no telephone numbers - there was no ‘Limited Experience’ option - nothing. The install finished and W10 was operative. The one thing I immediately realised was that my screen resolution was wrong and on checking I realised it was 1024 x 768. In Device Manager I could see the Display Adaptor driver was an old Microsoft one. I re-enabled WiFi and set the laptop to automatically look for a newer version of the Display Adaptor driver and it found a newer Intel driver and installed it. The resolution was now 1366 x 768. I subsequently downloaded all the ASUS drivers onto another usb pen although the laptop appears to work quite happily without installing any of them… I then got a message “Let’s Finish Setting Up”. My heart sank! There was only the one option provided – select OK. I ‘think’ it was here that I was asked for the user’s name after which it was all done. I could presumably have left it blank but there was no reason to. I then downloaded and installed the latest MS updates but as my usb copy of W10 was only a few days old there were only a handful.

So there you are. I think that the secret – well for me at least was ensuring that there was NO internet access during the install. It all went SO smoothly I really can’t believe it… The old ASUS is working well, booting up in under 20 seconds and I’ve just treated it to a new battery which appears to provide power for ~6 hours of YouTube viewing so a worthwhile and painless exercise! Incidentally I was never asked for the W10 Product Key during install but the laptop tells me 'Windows is activated with a digital licence'. Now to see if I can update that old Vista machine in the cupboard to W10!

Thanks to Tenforums for the ideas and inspiration – as usual!

taid, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Clean install W10 Home version 1909 64 bit, build 18363.535. - Similar Threads - Clean install W10

2. Error 0xc1900101 while updating W10 20H2 from W10 1909 build 18363

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 0xc1900101 while updating W10 20H2 from W10 1909 build 18363: Since october 2020 I cant update W10 anymore due to Error 0xc1900101. During the last 2 out of 4 installation attempts I see 2 consecutive errors during the prepearation phase in Event Viewer: Event 7000, Service Control Manager stating: "The WsDrvInst service failed to...
  3. Windows 10 1909 build 18363

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 1909 build 18363: Hi all, I have a notebook with installed Windows 10 1909 build 18363 Enterprise This is a new installation in a new notebook I work with screenshot Shift+Windos+S for customize manual, etc. But in this new notebook when I take a screenshot it appears with a SID sequence...
  4. Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 fails to install

Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 fails to install: Hung up on 91% complete for 12 hours https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/version-10018363-build-18363-fails-to-install/7515a6d1-f16d-4742-8543-140db0bb4b0c
  5. Clean install W10 Home version 1909 64 bit Part Deux

Clean install W10 Home version 1909 64 bit Part Deux: Read taid's post about installing 1909 disconnected. My experience was similar. Finished the install with a local logon account, and made a Macrium image. Defragged. Configured partitions. Everything but the network working. This Dell N5050 laptop was originally updated from...
  6. upgrade w10 home 32 bits to w10 pro 64 bits

upgrade w10 home 32 bits to w10 pro 64 bits: My computers is x64 based, with 8GB RAM (avaible 4GB ?!?) and my windows 10 home is 32 bits. Can I upgrade to windows pro 64 bits? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-w10-home-32-bits-to-w10-pro-64-bits/0c7f0fdb-6d5e-4404-8f88-7bd216715aab
  7. W10 64 Bit: installation fail.

W10 64 Bit: installation fail.: Hi there I am new on this forum because I am looking to solve the problem installing W10 64 bit on my pc desktop. I have read many thread on the net but any solution adopted was good. I 've finally found this thread where one member have found how to install W10 64Bit. In...
  8. Is clean install W10 64 Bit over the top of W10 32 Bit upgrade legal ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is clean install W10 64 Bit over the top of W10 32 Bit upgrade legal ?: I'm planning to upgrade a Win 7 32 Bit OS (Retail) with the free upgrade offer (at some point when the dust settles). Can I then legally do a clean install of Win 10 64 Bit "over the top" of the Win 10 32 Bit upgrade OS ? My hardware is older, Legacy BIOS only, so i don't...
  9. W10 32 bits to 64 bits

W10 32 bits to 64 bits: Hello, I just noted that my Toshiba U300 laptop had a 32 bits operating system. It's now Windows 10 that I got with the free upgrade. My question : what's the easiest way to do a free W10 64 bits clean install ? More details ... When I bought this laptop, it had Vista...
  10. Can not install 64-bit version of Windows 10 Home :(

Can not install 64-bit version of Windows 10 Home :(: Hello TenForums, I am having a Windows installation problem on a new build. Using the Media Creation Tool, I created a DVD and a bootable USB (both with Windows 10 Home 64-bit). In both cases, I get a blue screen of death (BSOD) during the installation process. The...