Windows 10: Clean install W10 Home version 1909 64 bit Part Deux

Discus and support Clean install W10 Home version 1909 64 bit Part Deux in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Read taid's post about installing 1909 disconnected. My experience was similar. Finished the install with a local logon account, and made a Macrium... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tranas, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Tranas Win User

Clean install W10 Home version 1909 64 bit Part Deux

Read taid's post about installing 1909 disconnected. My experience was similar. Finished the install with a local logon account, and made a Macrium image. Defragged. Configured partitions. Everything but the network working. This Dell N5050 laptop was originally updated from Win7 and had no black screen issues and full network access. This clean install is just to clear out the useless cruff.

However when I connected the 'clean' install to the internet and got the “Let’s Finish Setting Up” message, it was shortly followed by a black screen. Restored the Macrium image and got the same result again after connecting to the internet. Did a fresh install with network connected and logged on with a Microsoft account - and one window later - black screen. You can wait an hour, but nothing happens. The Macrium image is only 8 GB, so this install is as basic as it gets. Nothing trick and no additional programs.

So I am stuck - either a local logon with no internet - which works just fine - or a brick with a black screen stuck half way through install.

Any suggestions welcome.

TIA

:)

Tranas, Jan 2, 2020

2. Clean install W10 Home version 1909 64 bit Part Deux

What about heading to Dell and getting their video driver from April 8, 2016.

Apply that and ensure by checking device manager that it installed. Then go online.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/is...-n5050/drivers

Clean install W10 Home version 1909 64 bit Part Deux [​IMG]

Caledon Ken, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Tranas Win User

Read taid's post about installing 1909 disconnected. My experience was similar. Finished the install with a local logon account, and made a Macrium image. Defragged. Configured partitions. Everything but the network working. This Dell N5050 laptop was originally updated from Win7 and had no black screen issues and full network access. This clean install is just to clear out the useless cruff.

However when I connected the 'clean' install to the internet and got the “Let’s Finish Setting Up” message, it was shortly followed by a black screen. Restored the Macrium image and got the same result again after connecting to the internet. Did a fresh install with network connected and logged on with a Microsoft account - and one window later - black screen. You can wait an hour, but nothing happens. The Macrium image is only 8 GB, so this install is as basic as it gets. Nothing trick and no additional programs.

So I am stuck - either a local logon with no internet - which works just fine - or a brick with a black screen stuck half way through install.

Any suggestions welcome.

TIA

Tranas, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Tranas Win User

Thanks Ken

No. No image of the original install - it was one of those everything on C: configurations. Too large.
    Your suggestion makes sense. Will give a try.

I do however, find it odd that the update from 7 (using the same USB as the clean install) had no such issue.

Tranas, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Clean install W10 Home version 1909 64 bit Part Deux - Similar Threads - Clean install W10

2. High DPC in windows 10 home 64 bit 1909

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High DPC in windows 10 home 64 bit 1909: I have high latency dpc in my pc hardware, my hardware and bios are uptodate, kindly see the dpc result as below: IComputer name: DESKTOP-UI7B4KE OS version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 18363 x64...
  3. Clean install W10 Home version 1909 64 bit, build 18363.535.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install W10 Home version 1909 64 bit, build 18363.535.: I recently did a clean install of W10 on an old ASUS X54H laptop which previously had W7 installed. This was partly to overcome a Windows Explorer issue and partly to update the laptop. During the install I was concerned that I had to set up an account and that I had to...
  4. upgrade w10 home 32 bits to w10 pro 64 bits

upgrade w10 home 32 bits to w10 pro 64 bits: My computers is x64 based, with 8GB RAM (avaible 4GB ?!?) and my windows 10 home is 32 bits. Can I upgrade to windows pro 64 bits? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-w10-home-32-bits-to-w10-pro-64-bits/0c7f0fdb-6d5e-4404-8f88-7bd216715aab
  5. W10 64-bit installing 32-bit software by default?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 64-bit installing 32-bit software by default?: Hi there, I have upgraded my W7 64-bit to W10-64bit some time ago and been testing W10 since then. I had some random crashes and BSODs which I could not find the reason why as my W7 was running pristine. Last week I had a crash for Visual Basic C++ Runtime Error and...
  6. changing from 32 bit to 64 bit home version

changing from 32 bit to 64 bit home version: My sons computer has a legit copy of windows home but for some reason the installed version was 32 bit, I noticed later that the machine was x64 bit processor. I installed windows ten prior to noticing the version, I would like to change it to x64 bit, I read a few threads...
  7. W10 64 Bit: installation fail.

W10 64 Bit: installation fail.: Hi there I am new on this forum because I am looking to solve the problem installing W10 64 bit on my pc desktop. I have read many thread on the net but any solution adopted was good. I 've finally found this thread where one member have found how to install W10 64Bit. In...
  8. Is clean install W10 64 Bit over the top of W10 32 Bit upgrade legal ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is clean install W10 64 Bit over the top of W10 32 Bit upgrade legal ?: I'm planning to upgrade a Win 7 32 Bit OS (Retail) with the free upgrade offer (at some point when the dust settles). Can I then legally do a clean install of Win 10 64 Bit "over the top" of the Win 10 32 Bit upgrade OS ? My hardware is older, Legacy BIOS only, so i don't...
  9. W10 32 bits to 64 bits

W10 32 bits to 64 bits: Hello, I just noted that my Toshiba U300 laptop had a 32 bits operating system. It's now Windows 10 that I got with the free upgrade. My question : what's the easiest way to do a free W10 64 bits clean install ? More details ... When I bought this laptop, it had Vista...
  10. Can not install 64-bit version of Windows 10 Home :(

Can not install 64-bit version of Windows 10 Home :(: Hello TenForums, I am having a Windows installation problem on a new build. Using the Media Creation Tool, I created a DVD and a bootable USB (both with Windows 10 Home 64-bit). In both cases, I get a blue screen of death (BSOD) during the installation process. The...