Windows 10: Clean install Win 10

Discus and support Clean install Win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Initial state of machine - Machine Lenovo AIO, win10 home 64bit UEFI Created DVD and USB via media creation tool 64bit win 10 home and booted into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by orac, Mar 12, 2017.

1. orac Win User

Clean install Win 10

Initial state of machine - Machine Lenovo AIO, win10 home 64bit UEFI
    Created DVD and USB via media creation tool 64bit win 10 home and booted into both media they load as far as getting all files then reboots. System created 4 partions
    Disc map on 2TB disc.
    Partion size Type
    1 0 450MB Recovery Unallocated can’t delete not enough space
    2 0 partion 2 100MB System – deleted ok
    3 0 Partion 3 16MB MRS reserved – deleted ok
    4 0 partion 4 1865.5GB Primary Unallocated can be deleted
    4 0 partion 4 Deleted
    1 0 Inherits 1865.5GB BUT Type is blank did NOT inherit type Primary
    I can try again but delete partion first

Media creation tool, is the selection the solid billets or the ring
    I have tried both options either way they lead to install, no option to create .iso image to use on another machine and select media to write to USB/DVD!.

Would it be an option to remove HDD into a caddy and format disk and replace and try to build image
    Any help is much appreciated..
    Shawn if this post in wrong please advise

:)

2. Windows 10 Upgrade and Raid 5 configuration

When I upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 from the download, will it properly configure the Raid 5 striping? Or, will it require a clean install? If it requires a clean install, how do I acquire the program to clean install Win 10

TerenceBrinkman, Mar 12, 2017
  3. On waiting for Windows pre-installed: cleaner?

If you buy a computer with win 10 on it, the computer maker will already have added their bloatware. Your cleanest option would be to download the win 10 ISO and do a clean install. Whether you clean install win 8.1 or win 10 does not really matter.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Mar 12, 2017
  4. Kyhi Win User

Clean install Win 10

when you Clean Install Windows > you have to delete Every Partition on Disk, and allow Windows to Install to the unallocated Free Space on that disk.. The Windows Setup Media will create all the required partitions..

5. AddRAM Win User
    You don`t have to delete every partition, if you had a data partition you certainly wouldn`t want to delete that *Smile but if you have no data then yes, delete the entire drive to unallocated space.

I recommend using a Partition Wizard Boot CD to setup your drive.

AddRAM, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Clean install Win 10

1. Clean install Win 10 - Similar Threads - Clean install

2. Windows 11 clean install on brand new SSD. Error message saying 'The PC can't run Windows 11'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 clean install on brand new SSD. Error message saying 'The PC can't run Windows 11': Hi all,I bought a brand new Windows 11 home Pro USB to install on a brand new SSD. However, it say 'The PC can't run Windows 11' after keying in the product key.I have flashed my MB with the latest Bios, enabled TPM, enable secure boot..... However, when I enabled secure...
  3. Windows 11 clean install on brand new SSD. Error message saying 'The PC can't run Windows 11'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 clean install on brand new SSD. Error message saying 'The PC can't run Windows 11': Hi all,I bought a brand new Windows 11 home Pro USB to install on a brand new SSD. However, it say 'The PC can't run Windows 11' after keying in the product key.I have flashed my MB with the latest Bios, enabled TPM, enable secure boot..... However, when I enabled secure...
  4. System components not working on Acer laptop after clean install of Windows 11, also...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System components not working on Acer laptop after clean install of Windows 11, also...: Hello,I have a brand new Acer Nitro V laptop. I decided to do a clean install of Windows 11 on it because I didn't like certain elements of how the initial installation went. I am performing a clean install of Windows 11 from a USB drive. When I try to do the clean install of...
  5. System components not working on Acer laptop after clean install of Windows 11, also...

System components not working on Acer laptop after clean install of Windows 11, also...: Hello,I have a brand new Acer Nitro V laptop. I decided to do a clean install of Windows 11 on it because I didn't like certain elements of how the initial installation went. I am performing a clean install of Windows 11 from a USB drive. When I try to do the clean install of...
  6. Unable to do Windows 11 Clean Installation because I don't have 8GB available on C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to do Windows 11 Clean Installation because I don't have 8GB available on C drive: I'm following along with the Windows 11 Clean Installation guide. I've downloaded the installer onto my D drive, which has tons of space, and I've inserted a blank USB flash drive. Installer runs fine, but I get to Step 4.5 "Select the bootable USB flash drive..." and I'm not...
  7. Unable to do Windows 11 Clean Installation because I don't have 8GB available on C drive

Unable to do Windows 11 Clean Installation because I don't have 8GB available on C drive: I'm following along with the Windows 11 Clean Installation guide. I've downloaded the installer onto my D drive, which has tons of space, and I've inserted a blank USB flash drive. Installer runs fine, but I get to Step 4.5 "Select the bootable USB flash drive..." and I'm not...
  8. Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows: I can't activate Windows 11 Pro with the key that I purchased for it after doing a clean install of Windows. It remains stuck at Windows 11 Home Edition.Can someone assist?...
  9. Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows

Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows: I can't activate Windows 11 Pro with the key that I purchased for it after doing a clean install of Windows. It remains stuck at Windows 11 Home Edition.Can someone assist?...
  10. Windows 11 clean install

Windows 11 clean install: I am following the windows 11 clean install directions via this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsinsider/cleaninstallI've installed Windows 11 onto the USB drive. When I hold shift when restarting and go into recovery mode, i am stuck on the "choose option" page....