Windows 10: Clean install win10 on ssd and formating old hdd?

Discus and support Clean install win10 on ssd and formating old hdd? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey fellow redditors! For the first time ever I will get myself a gaming pc, my brothers old pc. It has an HDD with Windows 10 and other stuff. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Zyzzzzyz, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Clean install win10 on ssd and formating old hdd?

Hey fellow redditors!

For the first time ever I will get myself a gaming pc, my brothers old pc. It has an HDD with Windows 10 and other stuff. I am planning to clean install the Windows on the SSD and remove/blank the HDD. I know how to install the Windows on the SSD. But could I blank the HDD before installing Windows on the SSD (assuming I download the Windows media creation tool on a USB first)? What would happend if there is only one harddrive nothing on it? And should I remove the SSD while clean installing Windows?

(Maybe I could blank the HDD and install Windows on the SSD at the same time during the install?)

Thanks in advance, sorry for asking so many questions!

submitted by /u/Zyzzzzyz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Zyzzzzyz, Feb 18, 2020
  2. Josh_922 Win User

Win10 clean install on Samsung SSD 850 EVO

BLUF: SSD is not listed ubder "Where do you want to install Windows?"

Steps Complete:

1. I've create a Win10 bootable install usb.

2. I connect the new Samsung SSD 850 EVO via SATA.

3. I reboot PC and verify SSD is seen by the motherboard/BIOS

4. Begin Win10 install via usb.

5. Get to "Where do you want to install Windows?" and the SSD is not listed

Problems:

1. Samsung does not offer a driver for the 850 on their website

2. Cannot locate driver elsewhere

Unsuccessful Mitigations Steps Attempt:

A. Format & partition SSD via Windows Disk Management, then retried steps 1-5 above....same result

B. Clone existing HHD onto SSD via "Image for Windows" by TeraByte, then verified SSD contents via Windows Explorer....similar result

Can you please offer some advice on locating a driver for a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB drive? Or an alternative method?

Thank you

Josh_922, Feb 18, 2020
  3. tamzeed Win User
    Upgraded to Win10 in old HDD - Now want to do clean install in new SSD

Hi All,

I successfully upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 (both Pro 64-bit) in PC's old HDD. Now I want do a clean install on a brand new SSD. I have a few questions before I buy the SSD.

1. First off, is it possible to do a clean install of Win 10 in the new SSD especially after I upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 in the old HDD?

2. If 1 is possible, should I use the Win 10 Media Creation tool to create the ISO
    or just download an untouched Win 10 Pro 64 bit ISO, burn it to a DVD and do a straightforward install?

3. At any point do I need to enter the Win 10 license key or will the new SSD take the license info from the motherboard during the clean install? I have used a Win 10 license key viewing tool to find
    out what it is.

4. What happens to the Win 10 in the old HDD? Does it get deactivated on its own?

5. I only plan to use the SSD and discard the HDD if all is successful.

Thanks!

tamzeed, Feb 18, 2020
  4. Clean install win10 on ssd and formating old hdd?

Clean Install From Upgrade to Second SSD Intead of HDD

I recently purchased a HP Envy 17t laptop with an 1tb HDD that has windows 8.1 installed. I would like to install the upgrade to windows 10 but I want to put it on a my old Mushkin 120gb SSD and use the HDD as a storage drive. Is there a way to do a clean
    install to my SSD instead of the HDD?

TrevorBrennan, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

Clean install win10 on ssd and formating old hdd?

1. Clean install win10 on ssd and formating old hdd? - Similar Threads - Clean install win10

2. Clean Install of 11 / Old SSD is MBR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean Install of 11 / Old SSD is MBR: I need to do a clean install onto an NVMe M.2 2280 and my Win 10 SSD is inadvertently MBR instead of GPT to install from there. Can I use my Win 10 code for fresh install and will the Win 11 ISO/USB be immediately available on the 5th? All else passes for Win 11.Thanks....
  3. Can you clean install on ssd and format hdd at once?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can you clean install on ssd and format hdd at once?: Hi! I want to do a clean install of windows 10 on my ssd. Id like to format my hdd at the same time. I find a lot of information on how to avoid that but little on how to actually do it. When you chose the custom installation and you get to the part where you delete all...
  4. Can't format old OS partition for a clean Win10 install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't format old OS partition for a clean Win10 install: I'm trying to do a clean Win10 installation on my old laptop, but the options to delete or format the disc partition where the old Win10 is installed are grayed out. How can i fix this ? Image Alternatively, If i choose to install without formatting the partition it says...
  5. Clean install but upgrade from hdd to ssd.

Clean install but upgrade from hdd to ssd.: current setup: hdd running 1903 primary boot target: 1909 upgrade/clean install on ssd then primary boot 1903 still bootable on hdd secondary/backup boot in case of failures of any kind. how would i manage that without an optical which is being replaced by a tray caddy...
  6. Boot error after clean install to SSD, old HDD still attached

Boot error after clean install to SSD, old HDD still attached: Hi guys, i yesterday encountere a small problem. Inserted my new SSD to a SATA3 port and, next to my HDD 1TB, and went for a clean install right away. The system installed without problems (wiht the old HDD still attached), then i booted up the system (was a bit weird,...
  7. Cloning HDD to SSD-HDD is 512 format & SSD is 4096 format. Matter?

Cloning HDD to SSD-HDD is 512 format & SSD is 4096 format. Matter?: If so, what are my options? This HDD came from HP w/Win 7. I upgraded it to Win 10 but would like to clone it to the SSD for the speed increase. Thanks in advance, jeff 40208
  8. Clean Win10 install on New SSD- formatting errors

Clean Win10 install on New SSD- formatting errors: Hi all, Operator skill level- medium - its been 4.5 years since my last build, zero experience installing Win8 or Win10 Brand new Clean install from full WIndows 10 USB3.0 retail package Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P motherboard AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 16 Gig...
  9. Upgraded to Win10 in old HDD - Now want to do clean install in new SSD

Upgraded to Win10 in old HDD - Now want to do clean install in new SSD: Hi All, I successfully upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 (both Pro 64-bit) in PC's old HDD. Now I want do a clean install on a brand new SSD. I have a few questions before I buy the SSD. 1. First off, is it possible to do a clean install of Win 10 in the new SSD...
  10. Clean win10 install with completely formatted SSD

Clean win10 install with completely formatted SSD: Hi to all I have my Acer laptop around 2 months , and now i want to fresh install win 10 What I've done ,I created USB image via Rufus with Win10 home (which I had on my new laptop preinstalled) I writed down my licence key. Ive booted and cleaned SSD completely with new...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. im going to use both ssd and hdd win10