Windows 10: Clean Install Windows 10 1909 18363.836 - something went wrong?

Discus and support Clean Install Windows 10 1909 18363.836 - something went wrong? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greeting fellow forum people; I have done a clean install of windows 10 on my pavilion p6540y desktop. Ever since, I've been having some strange... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GuyCabellero, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Clean Install Windows 10 1909 18363.836 - something went wrong?

Greeting fellow forum people;

I have done a clean install of windows 10 on my pavilion p6540y desktop. Ever since, I've been having some strange slowness and it crashes and I get the blue screen-of-apology and a note saying "we are gathering information" and a restart. Sometimes I go through several restarts, but then finally it seems to run correctly, at least for a while. But also, this computer has been trying to download and install the update to 2004, and it keeps failing. What could have gone wrong? When I was first trying to re-install windows, several times the program told me my computer was missing an important driver. On the third time, I didn't get this warning and it went ahead and installed. But something is wrong. Any ideas?

I have wondered if the drivers for the HDD need updating, but WD is not showing a driver update for this HDD (Caviar Blue WD5000AAKS). I've run tests but so far everything tests okay.

:)

GuyCabellero, Jun 3, 2020
  2. Caring1 Win User

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jun 3, 2020
  4. Clean Install Windows 10 1909 18363.836 - something went wrong?

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

Clean Install Windows 10 1909 18363.836 - something went wrong?

1. Clean Install Windows 10 1909 18363.836 - something went wrong? - Similar Threads - Clean Install 1909

2. Something went wrong

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Something went wrong: Something went wrong error 0x800706D9 in my Store. Please someone check it. I have Windows 10 21h1. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/ad459315-11e0-47e1-9a99-10d6800a11cf
  3. something went wrong

something went wrong: How to fix this error message in MS Store. Im trying to update apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/62c07fc2-0bc1-4496-b5cd-0738e48eabe1
  4. Something went wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something went wrong: I've had my PIN set up for quite some time and all the sudden I received a message that said my organization requires me to update my pin. This is a personal computer, it does not belong to any organization. Under the sign in options, Windows Hello Pin, I see a message that...
  5. something went wrong

something went wrong: Trying to update all apps in MS Store, however, I keep getting error something went wrong. I check for Windows update to see if it will fix the issue but my Windows says up to date....
  6. Something went wrong.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Something went wrong.: Hey guys i need help. What can i do if my pc keeps on saying something went wrong when trying to set up or change my pc pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/6ddb134d-ff79-4f73-8bf8-9b0fac361fc0
  7. Something went wrong.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something went wrong.: Hey guys i need help. What can i do if my pc keeps on saying something went wrong when trying to set up or change my pc pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/6ddb134d-ff79-4f73-8bf8-9b0fac361fc0
  8. "Something went wrong"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Something went wrong": Hello,I'm trying to enter insider programme I've registered already for insider program.But when I go and click get started it shows this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/569df1e6-3ce2-4630-9e33-00ff156b8e2d
  9. Something went wrong?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Something went wrong?: hey i can't use windows insider program. before appeared to me "To manage the Windows Insider Program...you'll need to turn on optional diagnostic data" but i searched on google and found this solution...
  10. Windows 10 installation "something went wrong"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 installation "something went wrong": Decided to finally upgrade my main pc to Windows 10 from Win 7... After selecting y/n on speech recognition, location etc, I get the screen "Something went wrong but you can try again. OOBESETTINGSMULTIPAGE" Ive retried and restarted multiple times to no avail. Im kind of...