Windows 10: Clean install windows 10 after deactivating windows 10 S mode

Discus and support Clean install windows 10 after deactivating windows 10 S mode in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The tilte says it all. I am getting a new laptop and will deactivate windows 10s Home to Windows 10 Home. After deactivating Windows 10s will I be able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by humbird, Aug 15, 2019.

1. humbird Win User

Clean install windows 10 after deactivating windows 10 S mode

The tilte says it all. I am getting a new laptop and will deactivate windows 10s Home to Windows 10 Home. After deactivating Windows 10s will I be able to do a format and install a clean copy of windows 10 home since it is supposed to be a one way street to deactivate 10s? Will 10s be totally gone from the system? What about activation after clean install? Will there be any problems there? Thanks for any knowledge on this.

:)

humbird, Aug 15, 2019
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Aug 15, 2019
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Clean install windows 10 after deactivating windows 10 S mode - Similar Threads - Clean install deactivating

2. Unable to install a program even after deactivating S Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install a program even after deactivating S Mode: In Windows 11 this is what I see when I run a .exe:I have already disable Windows S Mode as well as activated the developer setting that allows any app to be installed. When I press 'Yes' it takes me to the Windows Store with this screen:Please provide guidance....
  3. Unable to install a program even after deactivating S Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install a program even after deactivating S Mode: In Windows 11 this is what I see when I run a .exe:I have already disable Windows S Mode as well as activated the developer setting that allows any app to be installed. When I press 'Yes' it takes me to the Windows Store with this screen:Please provide guidance....
  4. S mode deactivation - for surface and windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    S mode deactivation - for surface and windows 10: Does anyone know how to deactivate s mode on a surface running windows 10? The help app offers and article from 2018 that instructs you to go to settings/activation/store and select a tab that allows you to deactivate it. When I do this there is no tab or option. Can anyone...
  5. Windows 10 S Mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 S Mode: I can't find a way to get my laptop out of s mode. When I go through the Microsoft support instructions I've found online they don't work. There is no 'Go to store' option at instruction 2, and no 'Switch out of S mode' in the Microsoft store at instruction 3. - Those...
  6. Windows 10 S mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 S mode: If i decide i'm going to reset my surface will it reinstall Windows 10 in S mode like it came originally or not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-s-mode/ed78e756-e510-4c2e-b8b5-a73fc54beb2f
  7. Windows 10 S mode deactivation

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 S mode deactivation: Hello, I just got a laptop and every time I try to switch off from windows 10 Home S mode from Microsoft store it says "Try again, something happened at our end" this is really frustrating. How can I fix this please !...
  8. I want to deactive Windows 10 S mode

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I want to deactive Windows 10 S mode: I want to deactive the windows 10 S mode, and i've been trying to follow the guidelines on the Microsoft page. However, when i get to Microsoft Store, i can't press the "get" button. It is greyed out, and i am told that i need to check with my IT or system administrator. Its...
  9. S Mode deactivation

in Windows 10 Customization
    S Mode deactivation: The S mode on my Hp Stream laptop just wont deactivate everytime I press get it just says I need admin permission to continue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/s-mode-deactivation/c6f1c2cf-2e13-44e2-b9ff-3993c6e87b2d
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade + Clean install Activates then Deactivates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Upgrade + Clean install Activates then Deactivates: Ye old Error code: 0xC004C003 I made sure 8.1 Pro to the upgrade to 10 Pro was activated before I did a clean install. This last month the system has been acting weird. Once in windows its fine, but I was getting startup errors that made windows restart while starting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. deactivating windows 10 s mode