Windows 10: Clean install Windows 10 after upgraded from win 7 to 10

Discus and support Clean install Windows 10 after upgraded from win 7 to 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Dad said he wanted a fresh install of windows 10, he previously has upgraded from win 7 to 10. I have already prepared an installation media with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sgtsixpack, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Clean install Windows 10 after upgraded from win 7 to 10

My Dad said he wanted a fresh install of windows 10, he previously has upgraded from win 7 to 10. I have already prepared an installation media with the media creation tool but it was done on my old pc and I selected to upgrade for another pc / ISO creation rather than inplace upgrade.

So my Dad can keep his windows 7 key through the install process do I need to do an inplace upgrade or upgrade from ISO then use windows 7 key? If its the former I will need to reinstall windows 7 and then window 10 for a fresh install all on his laptop which I'm not familiar with and will probably be quite painful, although it does have raid 0 SSDs. Its a vpcz21v9e Sony (and he told me they don't make laptops anymore).

:)

sgtsixpack, Mar 31, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Win 10 clean install question

This is what I would do:
    • Shrink the hard drive partition until it's small enough to fit on the SSD.
    • Clone the Windows 8.1 setup to the SSD.
    • Boot off the SSD and make sure that Windows 8.1 is happy (i.e., no complaints about activation).
    • Upgrade to Windows 10 on the SSD.
    This way, you know that Windows 8.1 has a valid setup on the SSD before doing anything else. Plus, the Windows 10 upgrade will be processed much faster on the SSD. Finally, you still have the hard drive setup to fall back to if anything goes wrong.

Static~Charge, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Clean install Windows 10 after upgraded from win 7 to 10

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Clean install Windows 10 after upgraded from win 7 to 10

1. Clean install Windows 10 after upgraded from win 7 to 10 - Similar Threads - Clean install upgraded

2. Upgrading Win 7 to Win 10 Versus Clean Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Win 7 to Win 10 Versus Clean Install: I am running windows 7 and downloaded the free windows 10 upgrade back when Microsoft offered it and stored it on my drive. I installed it, registered, then reverted to 7. Now as I understand it, this install file is an upgrade version to be put on over windows 7. But what...
  3. Restore After Upgrade From Win 7 To Win 10

Restore After Upgrade From Win 7 To Win 10: The question is about performing a system restore after upgrading to Windows 10 from 7. If one: Upgrades to Windows 10 THEN performs a system restore ... will the system restore with Windows 10 or will it revert back to an earlier version, in this case Win 7? If it...
  4. BSOD after upgrade from win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after upgrade from win 7 to win 10: I have a pc I built myself that's been running on windows 7 without any issues whatsoever. I've left this pc on for a week at a time without a bluescreen or even shutdowns. Ever since I've upgraded to windows 10, I've been getting store exception errors every day or two....
  5. Win 10 upgrade and clean install

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 upgrade and clean install: Hello I thought the upgrade and pursuant clean install would be smooth based upon my move from 7 to 8 to 8.1. I have upgraded with my files to Win 10. I like it. However, I downloaded Ccleaner and it showed quite a bit of clutter(2GB) . I never use a registry cleaner as I...
  6. Clean re-install after upgrade from Win 7

Clean re-install after upgrade from Win 7: I had Win 7 home on my laptop (64bit), then received and installed the free upgrade to Win 10 in Autumn 2015. The laptop is now running quite erratically and very slow and I feel it is time to do a clean re-install. I do not wish to go back to Win 7, just have a clean...
  7. Clean Win 10 Install on Win 7 PC Activated, with No Previous Upgrade

Clean Win 10 Install on Win 7 PC Activated, with No Previous Upgrade: My brother has an older Dell Latitude E6400 laptop that came with Windows 7 Pro. It had not been upgraded to Windows 10. He bought a new SSD drive for the laptop. I thought I would try an experiment and see if a clean install of Windows 10 on the new SSD drive would...
  8. Clean install of windows 10 on SSD when upgraded from win 7

Clean install of windows 10 on SSD when upgraded from win 7: I upgraded to windows 10 for free from windows 7. I want to buy an ssd to replace my hard drive and perform a fresh, clean install. How do I install windows 10 on my ssd without having to purchase? Is it possible? 82909
  9. How to do a clean install after upgrade from 7 to 10 problems

How to do a clean install after upgrade from 7 to 10 problems: I upgraded from Win 7 pro about a month ago hoping that would cure some problems I had with Win 7. It did not and Win 10 is working poorly too. I would like to do a clean install of Win 10 but not sure if I can get the correct Win 10 install file just from my Win 7 pro...
  10. Win 10 Clean Install after Upgrade Install

Win 10 Clean Install after Upgrade Install: I've upgraded from Win 7 Pro x64 to Win 10 Pro x64 via the upgrade install. The system indicates the Win 10 install is activated. Presently, this install is to buggy. I intend to wipe the disk clean and perform a clean install via bootable USD flash drive and the downloaded...