Windows 10: Clean Install Windows 10 Pro on a Laptop with Pre-installed Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Clean Install Windows 10 Pro on a Laptop with Pre-installed Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Would like to confirm if can I do a clean install of Windows 10 Pro OEM on a laptop with pre-installed windows 10 Home? Is there any issue on this ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Wushoo, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Wushoo Win User

Clean Install Windows 10 Pro on a Laptop with Pre-installed Windows 10 Home

Would like to confirm if can I do a clean install of Windows 10 Pro OEM on a laptop with pre-installed windows 10 Home? Is there any issue on this ?

Laptop has windows 10 home pre-installed
    I purchased a windows 10 pro OEM license

-As per sales I can't upgrade windows 10 home using the OEM license and needs to be FPP license.

:)

Wushoo, Mar 3, 2021

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Caring1 Win User
    Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, Mar 3, 2021
  4. qubit Win User

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

Where exactly did you get this "windows pro" key from? If it's off eBay or something, then perhaps you've been sold a dud key. Also, it's not clear if you mean you bought windows 10 pro or an earlier version of windows as there's no such thing as "windows pro".

Do you have an Windows 7 or 8.1? If so, install that, download the ISO with the media creation tool and burn it to disc. Then run it as an upgrade. After that, the components hash of your PC will give you a digital entitlement for a clean install, so just bought off that disc, wipe the partitions and install it clean. It will auto activate over the internet once installed.

qubit, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Clean Install Windows 10 Pro on a Laptop with Pre-installed Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Clean Install Pro

2. Pre install windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pre install windows 10 pro: Hello Microsoft,I hope all is well with you all today!My company has some laptops that does not have windows 10 pro pre installed, its just regular windows 10. Is there way to pre install windows 10 without creating a local account before we hand laptops out to employees?...
  3. Pre installed Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pre installed Windows 10 Home: Hello good morning, I am planning to purchase an HP notebook since I was looking for Free DOS Os, but I could not found one, all of them comes with a preinstalled Windows 10 Home, why they all comes with a home version why not with DOS, so...
  4. Windows 10 Home Laptop, upgraded to Pro and clean installs

Windows 10 Home Laptop, upgraded to Pro and clean installs: Hi, If I get a laptop with Windows 10 Home pre-installed, then upgrade it to Pro, what happens during a clean install? Will it install to Home with me having to upgrade to Pro again, each time I do a clean install? This will be a batch of machines for a business, with a...
  5. upgrading laptop from pre installed windows 10 home to win10 pro

upgrading laptop from pre installed windows 10 home to win10 pro: Hi I'm trying to upgrade a new laptop with pre installed Win10 Home to win10 Pro. I have a new physical copy of Win10 Pro with key that I scratched to get the key. I navigated to activation and change product key, entered the key into field and got error message. the...
  6. Laptop with pre-installed windows 10 Home

Laptop with pre-installed windows 10 Home: Hello I bought laptop with pre-installed windows 10 Home. How can I make bootable USB stick to legaly reinstall system if something will be broken in my laptop? Thank you for answer....
  7. Windows 10 pro pre installed

Windows 10 pro pre installed: I want to double my ram from 8g to 16g will this cause a loss of my product key? Actually what modifications can i make without loosing the key? I have lost my key several times in the past on earlier versions of windows....
  8. Windows 10 Home pre-installed on laptop

Windows 10 Home pre-installed on laptop: Hi, Recently when I started my laptop message "Your Windows license will expire soon". Laptop was bought with Windows 10 Home pre-installed so I don't know where the problem may be. Tried this help from forum:...
  9. Clean install on a pre-installed windows 10 laptop (partitions)

Clean install on a pre-installed windows 10 laptop (partitions): Hi everybody, The reason I am seeking your help today is that I'm trying to do an clean install on my freshly bough Asus Zenbook UX330UAK which came with a pre-installed windows 10 loaded with bloatware. Now I know that it's touchy to mess with windows 10 pre-installed...
  10. Install Windows 10 Pro clean on Windows 10 Home

Install Windows 10 Pro clean on Windows 10 Home: Does anyone know how I install, not upgrade, W10 Pro on a laptop that has W10 Home? I bought a W10 Pro licence key off eBay and downloaded the W10 ISO file from Microsoft, but when I try to reinstall from the ISO file (on USB) it rejects a clean install. I already tried to...