Windows 10: Clean install windows 10 professional

Discus and support Clean install windows 10 professional in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have a HP Omen 15 2017 model, it came with windows 10 home, OEM edition. I would like to clean uninstall windows and have windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by zrexk, Jun 14, 2020.

1. zrexk Win User

Clean install windows 10 professional

Hello, I have a HP Omen 15 2017 model, it came with windows 10 home, OEM edition. I would like to clean uninstall windows and have windows 10 professional, but I'm not sure whether to get the OEM version or Retail Version. What is the difference? And also, will I be able to install the retail version?

:)

zrexk, Jun 14, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Clean install windows 10 professional

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Clean install windows 10 professional

1. Clean install windows 10 professional - Similar Threads - Clean install professional

2. Install Windows 11 as Clean with Professional

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install Windows 11 as Clean with Professional: >>Install Windows 11 as Clean with Professional<<I found the Clean Install for Windows11. I can not find the answers for the following, and I have been to many sets and a lot of reading.1. Cost - I have Windows 10 Professional am I supposed to pay anything, or how much is the...
  3. Install Windows 11 as Clean with Professional

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install Windows 11 as Clean with Professional: >>Install Windows 11 as Clean with Professional<<I found the Clean Install for Windows11. I can not find the answers for the following, and I have been to many sets and a lot of reading.1. Cost - I have Windows 10 Professional am I supposed to pay anything, or how much is the...
  4. Installing Windows 10 Professional on New System

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Windows 10 Professional on New System: Building a new PC and I was wondering;Do I go to my Microsoft account and unlink from my account. Then install windows on new system. Or do I just install on new system and use the new hardware change tool?...
  5. Clean installing Windows 10 professional on HP Pavilion g6 notebook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean installing Windows 10 professional on HP Pavilion g6 notebook: Dear Community Members, I have a HP Pavilion g6 notebook running windows 7 64 bit at home . I plan on doing a clean install on to the Windows 10 professional software version. I have checked the Windows 10 hardware/computer specification as listed by Microsoft:...
  6. Clean Re-Install Windows 10 Professional

Clean Re-Install Windows 10 Professional: I have Windows 10 Professional installed and would like to erase the installation and start over due to some file problems. How do I get a fresh copy of Windows 10 and activate it?...
  7. Windows 10 Professional Installation error

Windows 10 Professional Installation error: When I try to install KB4512508 for Windows 10 Professional I get the error code 0x80073701. I have an Office 365 subscription and recently reset or refresh my OS. Please help me with this installation error. I do not want to go through the refresh cycle again even though my...
  8. windows 10 professional for installation media

windows 10 professional for installation media: I have windows 10 professional but am unable to download the media installation. How can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-professional-for-installation-media/515a3917-6f94-4b10-8d06-2b5cfa7e89dc
  9. How clean is a windows 10 clean install?

How clean is a windows 10 clean install?: I just went through two days of reading up on doing a Windows 10 "clean " reinstall from installation Media from THIS site (the reason was that after a system re-set my entire laptop was an explosion of every virus I've ever heard of. The reason for that:? AVAST, what else?...
  10. Professional cleaning: what's involved?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Professional cleaning: what's involved?: Several weeks back, my brother, who is astonishingly naive about computers, got taken in by some malware on his computer. A screen came up which told him his computer had been compromised and advised him to call a specific number for help. *He actually called the number*. He...